Did St Paul Change His Name?

SteveB

lol...keep doubling down on your error. That's the way. Far better to do that than to actually admit that an atheist caught you out on the bible!

Don't worry...we won't tell.
It must really suck to be so desperate to be right while sending yourself to the lake of fire because you refuse to follow Jesus.

Eternity is a long, long, long time to live with the awareness of the moment you could have said yes to Jesus, but instead said now.

I heard a good description given of how long eternity will be.

Empty all the oceans, of all the water on earth.
Replace the water with sand, to the height of Mt. Everest.
A bird comes along and removes one grain of sand every 100 quadrillion years.
That's 100,000,000,000,000,000.
The amount of time it'd take to remove every last grain of sand is a mere Planck unit of time, which is the smallest measure of time, on the order of 1.35 × 10^-43 seconds.

God gave us his Son, Jesus to save you from experiencing eternal separation, and misery.

Believe me, you'd rather spend your eternity in paradise than in the lake of fire.

SteveB

Steve, you are on record saying: "He was Saul of Tarsus prior to changing his name."

That is wrong.

It is great that you have changed your position, and now agree with me that "The guy was named both Saul and Paul. "

But that leaves one big question. Why did you say: "You're embarrassing yourself Pix." for saying something you now agree I was right about and you were wrong about? Why should I be embarrassed that I proved you wrong, Steve?
Everything stated in the letters shows that he refers to himself as Paul.

Saul is indeed his given birth name. That won't change.
He's known as Paul to the churches to whom his letters were written.
Since however you obviously need to feel justified, you go right ahead and smoke that whiskey. I'm sure it'll make your steaks taste better.

The Pixie

So are you saying he changed his name, as you originally did?

Or are you saying he did not, but are too prideful to admit you were wrong?

It is curious how carefully you avoid committing one way of the other. Why is that Steve?

You make a lot of unsupported claims on this web site. This is one that is demonstrably wrong. How you act here is telling me how reliable your other claims are.

Electric Skeptic

It must really suck to be so desperate to be right while sending yourself to the lake of fire because you refuse to follow Jesus.
Must it? If you say so. I woudln't know. It must really suck to be so desperate to be right because you imagine some lake of fire from which you'll be 'saved'.

You were wrong. Man up and admit it.
Eternity is a long, long, long time to live with the awareness of the moment you could have said yes to Jesus, but instead said now.

I heard a good description given of how long eternity will be.

Empty all the oceans, of all the water on earth.
Replace the water with sand, to the height of Mt. Everest.
A bird comes along and removes one grain of sand every 100 quadrillion years.
That's 100,000,000,000,000,000.
The amount of time it'd take to remove every last grain of sand is a mere Planck unit of time, which is the smallest measure of time, on the order of 1.35 × 10^-43 seconds.

God gave us his Son, Jesus to save you from experiencing eternal separation, and misery.

Believe me, you'd rather spend your eternity in paradise than in the lake of fire.
Not interested in your preaching.

Evidence. Get some.

Electric Skeptic

Since however you obviously need to feel justified, you go right ahead and smoke that whiskey. I'm sure it'll make your steaks taste better.
lol now trying to have it both ways? He didn't change his name...and yet he did.

SteveB

So are you saying he changed his name, as you originally did?

Or are you saying he did not, but are too prideful to admit you were wrong?

It is curious how carefully you avoid committing one way of the other. Why is that Steve?

You make a lot of unsupported claims on this web site. This is one that is demonstrably wrong. How you act here is telling me how reliable your other claims are.
You need to learn how to understand what people are saying and quite trying to second guess everything.

The entire atheist mindset is a muck-filled collection of unsupported claims and opinions. As such, I'm not bothered with your views of this issue. It is quite amusing though.

SteveB

Must it? If you say so. I woudln't know. It must really suck to be so desperate to be right because you imagine some lake of fire from which you'll be 'saved'.

You were wrong. Man up and admit it.

Not interested in your preaching.

Evidence. Get some.
Which is exactly how I know that you have never done anything that Jesus said.
The evidence is all around us, the evidence is inside your body, brain, faculty to reason, and emote.
So, you have to work really, really, really, really,...................... really hard to ignore it.

Which is exactly what we read in psalm 19, Romans 1, and 2.

Scripture doesn’t limit its reasons against sin to “just because it’s wrong.” It also includes “because it’s stupid” since sin’s consequences are so severe. “For the simple are killed by their turning away, and the complacency of fools destroys them; but whoever listens to me will dwell secure and will be at ease, without dread of disaster” (Proverbs 1:32-33, ESV).

Nouveau

The evidence is all around us, the evidence is inside your body, brain, faculty to reason, and emote.
Can you be specific about what you are referring to, and why you think it is evidence? Why should it convince us, when it was never enough to convince you?

Electric Skeptic

Which is exactly how I know that you have never done anything that Jesus said.
Except that you have no idea whether or to what extent I have done anything that Jesus said. You just need me to have done nothing so that your precious 'method' isn't shown up for the scam it is.

'If we were taught that elves caused rain, every time it rained, we'd see the proof of elves.'

In actual fact, of course, the rain isn't evidence of elves...and none of what you cite is evidence for your god.

So, you have to work really, really, really, really,...................... really hard to ignore it.
Unsupported, false.

Which is exactly what we read in psalm 19, Romans 1, and 2.

Scripture doesn’t limit its reasons against sin to “just because it’s wrong.” It also includes “because it’s stupid” since sin’s consequences are so severe. “For the simple are killed by their turning away, and the complacency of fools destroys them; but whoever listens to me will dwell secure and will be at ease, without dread of disaster” (Proverbs 1:32-33, ESV).
Preaching, not interested.

But hey, it's great you're continuing your almost decade-long streak of not being the slightest interested in learning how to actually communicate with atheists.

I'm not the one who needs to win.
Your every post shows how desperately you need to do just that. Can't have one of those stupid atheists show you up, can you?

The Pixie

You need to learn how to understand what people are saying and quite trying to second guess everything.

The entire atheist mindset is a muck-filled collection of unsupported claims and opinions. As such, I'm not bothered with your views of this issue. It is quite amusing though.
Okay, so I have looked back, and I can see in post #9 - which was to electric Skeptic - that you have stated your position clearly that "He did".

On the other thread, you said "You're embarrassing yourself Pix."

So how come you have found no evidence to support your position, Steve? How come you cannot refute the evidence in the OP, where I show there is no record anywhere of Paul changing his name?

SteveB

Except that you have no idea whether or to what extent I have done anything that Jesus said. You just need me to have done nothing so that your precious 'method' isn't shown up for the scam it is.
And if you'd actually done anything, just to make sure that your ego's place on this forum was secure, you'd have taken copious steps to make sure that you detailed your practice and experience, so you could prove me the a88hole you're convinced I am.

And yet... I see nothing.
The crickets have been given the go ahead to play their nightly orchestra for years now.

'If we were taught that elves caused rain, every time it rained, we'd see the proof of elves.'
Further evidence that you haven't actually done anything.
Why do you do this to yourself?
Prove me wrong.
Detail your experiences.

In actual fact, of course, the rain isn't evidence of elves...and none of what you cite is evidence for your god.
I never said that it was.
You're failing miserably in your failures to detail your experiences.

Unsupported, false.
I'm still waiting for you to back up your claims that you did what Jesus said and got nothing in return.

Preaching, not interested.
Which is exactly the problem.
It's plainly stated that God has explicitly chosen the foolishness of preaching the cross of Jesus to save those who believe him.
So... of course you're not interested!
Thus, you provide proof that you never actually did what Jesus said to know him.

But hey, it's great you're continuing your almost decade-long streak of not being the slightest interested in learning how to actually communicate with atheists.
Well, considering that you offer nothing but rants about your beliefs regarding your atheism, and how you despise wisdom and understanding, just how do you think this is going to work?

Your every post shows how desperately you need to do just that. Can't have one of those stupid atheists show you up, can you?
I state the truth, simply.
You're the one who keeps saying that I don't want to engage you.
And yet here you are...

SteveB

Okay, so I have looked back, and I can see in post #9 - which was to electric Skeptic - that you have stated your position clearly that "He did".

On the other thread, you said "You're embarrassing yourself Pix."

So how come you have found no evidence to support your position, Steve? How come you cannot refute the evidence in the OP, where I show there is no record anywhere of Paul changing his name?
Saul is no longer known as Saul, and to the people who know him throughout eastern Europe he's known as Paul.

Nouveau

You're failing miserably in your failures to detail your experiences.

I'm still waiting for you to back up your claims that you did what Jesus said and got nothing in return.
I did this and you ignored my response.

The Pixie

Saul is no longer known as Saul, and to the people who know him throughout eastern Europe he's known as Paul.
Are yuou really so desperate to avoid admitting you are wrong to an atheist?

Paul never never changed his name. You claimed Paul did change his name. You were wrong.

SteveB

Are yuou really so desperate to avoid admitting you are wrong to an atheist?
🤔.....
😳.....
🙄.....
🤣......

Paul never never changed his name. You claimed Paul did change his name. You were wrong.
You keep telling yourself that.
I'm quite confident that the mushroom food you're eating is helping your diet.

Saul is now Paul. Well, it actually became Paul some time in the late early to middle of the first century of the common era.
So, it's been there for a long, long, long, long time now.

I have a novel idea though.

You go talk to him about it and then get back to us.

I'd love to hear about it.

The Pixie

🤔.....
😳.....
🙄.....
🤣......
I will take that as a yes.

You keep telling yourself that.
You are not telling me otherwise.

Saul is now Paul. Well, it actually became Paul some time in the late early to middle of the first century of the common era.
So, it's been there for a long, long, long, long time now.
Did Paul change his name from Saul?

No. You clearly know that, which is why we get these oh-so-carefully words phrases that kind of seem to say Paul changed his name, without actually coming out and saying it.

You go talk to him about it and then get back to us.
He is dead, Steve. He has been for nearly 2000 years.

You admit you were wrong.
Or, if you still think Paul changed his name from Saul, say it clearly and unambiguously.

Can you commit one way or the other? All you are doing at the moment is proving how little faith you have in your own beliefs.