Did the fall away in the Anglican Church come because they corrupted the word of God with the new versions?

This is post 11 👇
You said it.
You said my faith in my Lord and Savior Christ Jesus Who died on the cross for my sins and rose again on the third day was not all that was required for salvation.
So are you saying that obedience is the only other thing required in addition to 'my faith in my Lord and Savior Christ Jesus Who died on the cross for my sins and rose again on the third day'?

with Catholic lists?

stick to obedience in Christ!!! Are you obedient?
You said it.
You said my faith in my Lord and Savior Christ Jesus Who died on the cross for my sins and rose again on the third day was not all that was required for salvation.
So are you saying that obedience is the only other thing required in addition to 'my faith in my Lord and Savior Christ Jesus Who died on the cross for my sins and rose again on the third day'?

and more is required.... obedience, remember?
And you're obedient? How much disobedience is allowed?

posts 43, 46, 51...
So when God wrote Ephesians 2:8-9 it should have said, 'For by grace (and obedience to Christ*) you have been saved through faith (and obedience to Christ*); and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works (except obedience to Christ*), so that no one may boast (except in your obedience to Christ*).
*I added

So, anything 'required' along with 'my faith in my Lord and Savior Christ Jesus Who died on the cross for my sins and rose again on the third day was not all that was required for salvation.'

So when God wrote Ephesians 2:8-9 it should have said, 'For by grace (and obedience to Christ*) you have been saved through faith
faith in Christ includes obedience.... if a person says 'I have faith' but does not believe Christ, what then?

So it is more than words.... (y)
Who are you to talk about obedience? Practice what you preach.

Orkney hermits excommunicated for calling Pope a 'heretic'

Three hermits living in Orkney have been thrown out of the Roman Catholic church, after they called the Pope a "heretic", and said evil was "destroying" the church.
The group - two men who call themselves a priest and a monk, and a lay woman who was a senior doctor - live on the island of Westray.
They run a controversial blog in which they outline their objections to the church's stance on issues including homosexuality

Did the fall away in the Anglican Church come because they corrupted the word of God with the new versions?

After all that changes the truth of God into a lie.
Since the Anglican CHurch is host to much of the same pagan nonsense as the Catholics are, the chances are that people "Fall away" since they see no value in it.

Reactions: Mik
A Catholic -- the only Church Christ established 2,000 years ago.
You mean a Roman Catholic. The problem with the Roman Catholic church is, as I have illustrated above, that whenever anyone criticizes the pope (and many have undertaken to do so for disobedience) they get excommunicated. Therefore it is not the church of God, but the church of the pope!

You mean a Roman Catholic.
I wouldn't put too much into where Peter resided.... could have been Antioch at the end
The problem with the Roman Catholic church is, as I have illustrated above, that whenever anyone criticizes the pope (and many have undertaken to do so for disobedience) they get excommunicated. Therefore it is not the church of God, but the church of the pope!
That would be my answer as well if Christ hadn't made promises...

Mt 16:18 I will build MY CHURCH, and the gates of the NETHERWORLD SHALL NOT PREVAIL against it.

Jn 14:16-17 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you ALWAYS, the SPIRIT OF TRUTH, which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it. But you know it, because it remains with you, and will be in you.

Jn 16:13 But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will GUIDE YOU to ALL TRUTH. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to you the things that are coming.

Mt 28:19-20 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, TEACHING THEM to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you ALWAYS, until the END OF THE AGE.

I wouldn't put too much into where Peter resided.... could have been Antioch at the end

That would be my answer as well if Christ hadn't made promises...

Mt 16:18 I will build MY CHURCH, and the gates of the NETHERWORLD SHALL NOT PREVAIL against it.

Jn 14:16-17 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you ALWAYS, the SPIRIT OF TRUTH, which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it. But you know it, because it remains with you, and will be in you.

Jn 16:13 But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will GUIDE YOU to ALL TRUTH. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to you the things that are coming.

Mt 28:19-20 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, TEACHING THEM to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you ALWAYS, until the END OF THE AGE.
I'm not denying the existence of the church of God within the Roman Catholic church. I am concerned about the rule of the Roman Catholic church by the pope, which can only mean that the Roman Catholic church itself is not the Church of God. Only a section of it is.

Back