Did you catch that news conference?

DeSanto

Thirty seconds on Google. You people are as lazy as you are gullible.
You shouldn’t try to debunk stories with debunked sources.

FactCheck .org is sponsored by the ANNENBERG Public Policy Center (APPC).

The APPC is supported by the ANNENBERG FOUNDATION.

The ANNENBERG FOUNDATION is the same foundation that Bill Ayers secured 49.2 million dollars from to create the Chicago ANNENBERG Challenge “philanthropic” organization.

Barack Obama was the founding Chairman of the Board of the ANNENBERG Challenge “philanthropic” organization.

And Bill Ayers served as the grant writer of and co-Chair of for its two operating arms.

Temujin

The ANNENBERG FOUNDATION is the same foundation that Bill Ayers secured 49.2 million dollars from to create the Chicago ANNENBERG Challenge “philanthropic” organization.

Barack Obama was the founding Chairman of the Board of the ANNENBERG Challenge “philanthropic” organization.

And Bill Ayers served as the grant writer of and co-Chair of for its two operating arms.
Gullible, lazy and paranoid.

Whateverman

This doesn't actually debunk anything?

Reepicheep

It is interesting that, outside a courtroom, Trump and his lawyers are willing to claim election fraud. But, inside a courtroom (where they would be subject to perjury charges) they refuse to do so.

For example, the following exchange took place in a Pennsylvania courtroom on Nov. 17th:

JUDGE: Does the amended complaint plead fraud with particularity?

GIULIANI: No, your honor

Below are a couple of notable excerpts from other recent court cases:

"Fraudulent motives were ascribed to the process and the city of Detroit. Plaintiffs interpretation of events is incorrect and not credible." - from the written ruling of Judge Timothy M. Kenny, Michigan

and who can forget the following exchange:

JEROME MARCUS (Trump lawyer): There's a non-zero number of people in the room.

JUDGE PAUL DIAMOND: I'm sorry, then. What's your problem?

Thistle

A weird old liar with dyed hair?
Are you the fashion correspondent? While I consider your fashion argument, feel free to prosecute your case that Giuliani is a liar. But back to fashion, I'd say smugness is pretty fashionable in your set isn't it!

Barack-Obama-InStyle-Magazine-01.jpg

rossum

You shouldn't get stories from debunked sources.

Rudy Guiliani is paid by the Trump Campaign.

Temujin

Are you the fashion correspondent? While I consider your fashion argument, feel free to prosecute your case that Giuliani is a liar. But back to fashion, I'd say smugness is pretty fashionable in your set isn't it!

Barack-Obama-InStyle-Magazine-01.jpg
I watched a documentary interview with Obama the other day. I had forgotten that there are American politicians who are articulate, intelligent and principled.

I would never accuse Gulliani of being smug. The man is unhinged. At least he has the sense to realise that there is no law against lying in a press conference, which is why he spouts this stuff here and not in the courtroom.

Have you read The Kraken Wakes? It doesn't end well for the Kraken.

Thistle

I watched a documentary interview with Obama the other day.
Oh, yes he issued another one of his weekly autobiographies, didn't he. It's hard to keep up. Just go to the Obama section of your local library.
I had forgotten that there are American politicians who are articulate, intelligent and principled.
Have you ever heard him try to speak extemporaneously? If not you're in for a treat.
I would never accuse Gulliani of being smug.
Because he invariably has the goods. That comes from conscientiousness and caution.
The man is unhinged.
Because the 28 year old reporters from Vox have the real reliable information? Hmm, let me think about that.
At least he has the sense to realise that there is no law against lying in a press conference,
Well, the press has certainly learned there is no law against lying to the public.
which is why he spouts this stuff here and not in the courtroom.
Given the press has told the ultimate whopper that there is "no evidence." Not giving the defenders of Donald Trump some kind of retort was not really an option.
Have you read The Kraken Wakes? It doesn't end well for the Kraken.
Well then just pop some popcorn and get ready for your happy ending!

Temujin

Oh, yes he issued another one of his weekly autobiographies, didn't he. It's hard to keep up. Just go to the Obama section of your local library.

Have you ever heard him try to speak extemporaneously? If not you're in for a treat.

Because he invariably has the goods. That comes from conscientiousness and caution.

Because the 28 year old reporters from Vox have the real reliable information? Hmm, let me think about that.

Well, the press has certainly learned there is no law against lying to the public.

Given the press has told the ultimate whopper that there is "no evidence." Not giving the defenders of Donald Trump some kind of retort was not really an option.

Well then just pop some popcorn and get ready for your happy ending!
I prefer Bombay mix, but for this season I'll settle for a mince pie and a glass of sherry.

Whateverman

It is interesting that, outside a courtroom, Trump and his lawyers are willing to claim election fraud. But, inside a courtroom (where they would be subject to perjury charges) they refuse to do so.

For example, the following exchange took place in a Pennsylvania courtroom on Nov. 17th:

JUDGE: Does the amended complaint plead fraud with particularity?

GIULIANI: No, your honor

Below are a couple of notable excerpts from other recent court cases:

"Fraudulent motives were ascribed to the process and the city of Detroit. Plaintiffs interpretation of events is incorrect and not credible." - from the written ruling of Judge Timothy M. Kenny, Michigan

and who can forget the following exchange:

JEROME MARCUS (Trump lawyer): There's a non-zero number of people in the room.

JUDGE PAUL DIAMOND: I'm sorry, then. What's your problem?
Trump supporters should really be paying attention to what Trump lawyers are saying in court, because those lawyers are literally destroying the narrative coming from the white house.

Temujin

Trump supporters should really be paying attention to what Trump lawyers are saying in court, because those lawyers are literally destroying the narrative coming from the white house.
The contrast between the literally hair-melting rhetoric of the presser and the utter incompetence and humiliation of the court proceedings is wonderful. I particularly like the affidavit from a "pole watcher" (sic) and Rudy admitting that he doesn't understand strict scrutiny or the word opacity.

Reepicheep

I have a feeling that most Trump supporters don't care about what anyone other than Trump says.

Did you see that recent and very depressing poll which found that 58% of conservatives, 70% of Republicans, and 77% of Trump voters think that Biden won the election through fraudulent means?

Whateverman

I have a feeling that most Trump supporters don't care about what anyone other than Trump says.

Did you see that recent and very depressing poll which found that 58% of conservatives, 70% of Republicans, and 77% of Trump voters think that Biden won the election through fraudulent means?
Yes I did.

I'm starting to think I'm naïve about some things, because deep down, I don't think they really believe that. I think they know that what he says is mostly crap, and that this "stealing the election" is more about cheering him on than it is an actual theft.

Temujin

I've always taken it for granted that the animals I eat weren't on life support somewhere.
I thought that stuffing animals full of antibiotics was the backbone of American livestock production. That's one of the reasons why no-one in Europe will knowingly eat American meat.

Reepicheep

Yes I did.

I'm starting to think I'm naïve about some things, because deep down, I don't think they really believe that. I think they know that what he says is mostly crap, and that this "stealing the election" is more about cheering him on than it is an actual theft.

I hope you're right.

Consider the many posts that have been made in this and "the other" forum, where posters claim that Biden won through fraud. Do you think these posters actually believe that? I could be wrong, but I'm inclined to think they do.

Here in Canada, I have relatives who believe that the "black UN helicopters" are going to come and take their guns away. I haven't been in touch with those relatives for a few years, but I've received a recent report that they also believe COVID is basically a hoax. I wouldn't be surprised if they also believe that Trump was cheated out of an election win.

I just did a search, and discovered a poll which found that 18% of Canadians either disagree or strongly disagree with the statement "The US election was fair and should not be contested".