Did you catch that news conference?

Thistle

I thought that stuffing animals full of antibiotics was the backbone of American livestock production. That's one of the reasons why no-one in Europe will knowingly eat American meat.
If I ate more beef, I suppose I might care more.

Reepicheep

I'm starting to think I'm naïve about some things, because deep down, I don't think they really believe that. I think they know that what he says is mostly crap, and that this "stealing the election" is more about cheering him on than it is an actual theft.

Smerconish said something on CNN this morning (about Trump supporters thinking the election was won through fraud) that I think you'll agree with:

"Maybe I'm naive, but the polling data from Monmouth, the polling data from Reuters that I showed to you, that's in the immediate aftermath when emotions are still raw. I think unless there were to be some showing, and I can't conceive of what that showing would look like, but a factual, evidentiary showing, I think a lot of those folks start to look differently at the president who could be leaving office with a totally different legacy."

Whateverman

Smerconish said something on CNN this morning (about Trump supporters thinking the election was won through fraud) that I think you'll agree with:

"Maybe I'm naive, but the polling data from Monmouth, the polling data from Reuters that I showed to you, that's in the immediate aftermath when emotions are still raw. I think unless there were to be some showing, and I can't conceive of what that showing would look like, but a factual, evidentiary showing, I think a lot of those folks start to look differently at the president who could be leaving office with a totally different legacy."
I was watching this as well, and thought of our exchange as soon as he said it.

I like Michael Smerconish a lot. He really is an independent, and tries to be fair in his analyses. He gets nasty Tweets from liberals and conservatives alike - which is exactly what I'm looking for myself.

ps. it's very easy to anger liberals in the Politics forum of Reddit. Some of them immediately downvote skepticism of (eg) Bernie Sanders' policies, or anything which gives our so-called president the benefit of the doubt, etc.

Authentic Nouveau

I thought that stuffing animals full of antibiotics was the backbone of American livestock production. That's one of the reasons why no-one in Europe will knowingly eat American meat.
The United Kingdom was afflicted with an outbreak of Bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE, also known as "mad cow disease"), and its human equivalent variant Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease (vCJD), in the 1980s and 1990s. Over four million heads of cattle were slaughtered in an effort to contain the outbreak, and 177 people died after contracting vCJD through eating infected beef

Feeding dead animal material to cattle is how this got spread.

0.167 cases per million in the United States Our meat is a thousand times cleaner than UK
Your hospitals are also filthy.

Temujin

Feeding dead animal material to cattle is how this got spread.

0.167 cases per million in the United States Our meat is a thousand times cleaner than UK
Your hospitals are also filthy.
Thirty years ago. You will find that British farming practices and in particular animal welfare, are amongst the best in the world.

The American practice of feeding antibiotics and growth hormones to farm animals is a major source of resistance to antibiotics, one of the gravest threats to world health.