Did you know...

unbound

Mythology? The Bible is one hundred percent truth and absolute evidence of the existence of Jehovah God. I'll put it up against your scientism any day of the week, chief.

1600 years. 40 human authors. Perfect harmony and no errors? That's Divine Guidance all the way.
Yeah... human authors, and a steaming load of errors and contradictions.

J regia

Name even one.
Did a group of gods hold a meeting to discuss creating a male person in the image and likeness of the male creator god and creating a female person in the image and likeness of a goddess about 4,000 years ago (Gen 1:26-27 Luke 3)?

Or was a genetically identical person named Adam actually cloned from the rib tissue of another person also named Adam who was created from some dust and put in a garden which a god had planted, as described in the second creation story (Genesis 2, Genesis 5)?

Or are those two different creation stories just imaginative fantasies?

Beloved

... that "life begins at conception" isn't actually in the Bible?

Golly, gee whiz.
well Golly gee whiz unbound what Bible do you read? Not the one I do. Since I am answering the OP of "Did you know" that is all I refer to and not the other 5 pages after this.

some of the passages on this issue offers clear evidence that God defines a person as “human” from the point of conception, not merely when a child draws its first breath.

Psalm 139:13

13. For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.
14. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15. My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16. Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.

Isaiah 49:1 adds, “Before I was born the LORD called me; from my mother’s womb he has spoken my name.” This “servant of the Lord” was considered called by God as a child in the womb.

God told the prophet Jeremiah, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations” (Jeremiah 1:5).
God “knew” Jeremiah while he was in his mother’s womb, referring to Jeremiah as a living being prior to his birth

When the mother’s egg and the father’s sperm come together, they combine and create a new string of DNA that is personalized and totally unique. DNA is coded information, the blueprint for the new human’s growth and development.

No more genetic material needs to be added; the zygote in the womb is as human as the mother in whose womb it dwells.

The difference between a fetus and any one of us is one of age, location, and level of dependence. When a mother aborts the process of fetal development, she is destroying a unique life.

Reactions: Nic

BMS

well Golly gee whiz unbound what Bible do you read? Not the one I do. Since I am answering the OP of "Did you know" that is all I refer to and not the other 5 pages after this.

some of the passages on this issue offers clear evidence that God defines a person as “human” from the point of conception, not merely when a child draws its first breath.

Isaiah 49:1 adds, “Before I was born the LORD called me; from my mother’s womb he has spoken my name.” This “servant of the Lord” was considered called by God as a child in the womb.

God told the prophet Jeremiah, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations” (Jeremiah 1:5).
God “knew” Jeremiah while he was in his mother’s womb, referring to Jeremiah as a living being prior to his birth

When the mother’s egg and the father’s sperm come together, they combine and create a new string of DNA that is personalized and totally unique. DNA is coded information, the blueprint for the new human’s growth and development.

No more genetic material needs to be added; the zygote in the womb is as human as the mother in whose womb it dwells.

The difference between a fetus and any one of us is one of age, location, and level of dependence. When a mother aborts the process of fetal development, she is destroying a unique life.
Amen,

and

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight." Eph 1

unbound

What version/translation/fable are you basing all this on?

Funny how the bible is all hearsay - none of it is directly from any deity, it's purely fantasy.

Kade Rystalmane

Unbound has no substance, only mud to fling hoping something sticks. He asserted the Bible is full of contradictions but couldn't even name one. He's a chihuahua, all yip.

Authentic Nouveau

There is also a description of the mechanism whereby the Y chromosome produces the male cells. Did you read it? Did you grasp that there are lots of reactions that must happen at the same time, and occasionally they don't? Did you read about the physical differences in the brains of trans and cis women? Your simplistic declaration that there are two sex chromosomes therefore there are just two sexes, is school level science, which is nowhere near what actually happens. You might as well declare that everyone has two legs, therefore everyone can walk. Everybody has eyes therefore there are no blind people. Drop your prejudice and learn.
Your prejudice slur summarizes your wild assertions as emotional and not based on medical science.

You have never studied neurology.

Authentic Nouveau

When a mother aborts the process of fetal development, she is destroying a unique life.
The mother also derails a normal sequence in her hormone system and increases her post menopausal risk of breast cancer.

Having a baby is better for women's health

We have known for hundreds of years that nuns have a higher incidence of breast cancer when compared to other groups of women.
It was even once called nun's disease. Having a baby is a good deal for the baby and the mom.

unbound

Did a group of gods hold a meeting to discuss creating a male person in the image and likeness of the male creator god and creating a female person in the image and likeness of a goddess about 4,000 years ago (Gen 1:26-27 Luke 3)?

Or was a genetically identical person named Adam actually cloned from the rib tissue of another person also named Adam who was created from some dust and put in a garden which a god had planted, as described in the second creation story (Genesis 2, Genesis 5)?

Or are those two different creation stories just imaginative fantasies?
See 'Mr Deity and the Naughty Bits' on Youtube.

You're welcome. :cool:

Temujin

Your prejudice slur summarizes your wild assertions as emotional and not based on medical science.

You have never studied neurology.
You have no knowledge of neurology and have never said or done anything based on either medicine or science. Your constant fantasising on these subjects notwithstanding.