Dingoling, here’s your new thread.

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
John 6: 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any one eats of this bread, he will live for ever; and the bread which I shall give for the life of the world is my flesh.”

Wonderful verse pointing TO THE CROSS....not the eucharist.

THE CROSS is where He gave His flesh and blood for the life of the world....

pilgrim

When did the Catholic Church start, 4Him?
Was it around in 110AD?

They [the Docetists, early Christological heretics] abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, flesh which suffered for our sins and which that Father, in his goodness, raised up again. They who deny the gift of God are perishing in their disputes (Letter to the Smyrnaeans 6:2–7:1 [A.D. 110]).

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
Was it around in 110AD?

They [the Docetists, early Christological heretics] abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, flesh which suffered for our sins and which that Father, in his goodness, raised up again. They who deny the gift of God are perishing in their disputes (Letter to the Smyrnaeans 6:2–7:1 [A.D. 110]).
Catholics point to anything other than the Scriptures....shameful.

Tell us where Christ gave His flesh and blood for the life of the world....

pilgrim

Catholics point to anything other than the Scriptures....shameful.

Tell us where Christ gave His flesh and blood for the life of the world....
Can you name any good that came from the 1500 years between the death of John and Martin Luther? How was the church of Jesus fulfilling the Great Commission?

mica

Protestants ignore Christian history...shameful.
those would be ubelievers. catholics don't study Christian history, they study what the rcc men have made up to be its 'history'.

otoh, the believers do study Christian / biblical history rather than the rcc's man made history.

pilgrim

those would be ubelievers. catholics don't study Christian history, they study what the rcc men have made up to be its 'history'.

otoh, the believers do study Christian / biblical history rather than the rcc's man made history.
No, according to 4Him (post #307) they don't.

mica

4Him said:
And yet you have never done either. We do not eat God. That you think you do proves the depravity of your apostate church.
That is true: you don't.
not physically like catholics pretend to do. we believe in and follow Him, something that catholics don't do. we became part of Him - His body, His church - when we were born again. He is with us always, anytime and anywhere. and He has given us the Holy Spirit as teacher and guide.

balshan

Joe didn't say there wasn't any scripture before Peter, he said ""without the Church scripture has no meaning".

All 73 books were decided upon by the Church you don't trust.
So what just because they decided what books means a whole lot of nothing. Your institution put in non inspired books eg Judith which even the Jewish people only put on the 2nd level. They claim them as interesting to read but they are not scripture. So the RCC added to scripture with myths and books that are not scripture. So still do not trust your institution at all.

Of course scripture has meaning without your evil institution. God clearly tells us in the OT we can read it for ourselves it is not over the seas etc. The reason you need your false church is because it changes the meanings of words and twist scripture, also how would you know what verses to ignore if you didn't have your false institution.

It is written:

Deut 30

11 Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. 12 It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” 14 No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.

acts 17:11

11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

This passage shows that the RCC once again is wrong. We can interpret for ourselves and it leads us to Jesus and not to the RCC.

mica

mica said:

No, according to 4Him (post #307) they don't.
you might want to reread 307. looks like you're confusing christian history with rcc history.

one is of God, the other is not.

the 2 are very different.

balshan

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him

They ate at the Passover meal.
If they were literally eating human flesh and drinking blood then they would be breaking the commandments and Jesus would have tempted the apostes. Jesus would never get them to break the commandments.