Directly taught by God Himself

Our Lord's God

"They will all be taught by God." - Jesus

For to us God reveals through the Spirit for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God. For who among men knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the things of God no one knows except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, which things we also speak, not in teachings of words of human wisdom but in teachings of the Spirit, spiritual ones discerning spiritual things.
1 Corinthians 2:10-13

I am curious to know what those bolded red words say to people in general. What does the Spirit teach / what are people learning?

What are you supposing that the Spirit is teaching people / what they will be learning from the Spirit?

The Holy Spirit inspired the Bible so that we can know God's will for us. He regenerates those who put their faith in him so that we are able to understand what God has said to us. When someone who has been born again studies the Bible he is being taught by the Spirit.

For to us God reveals through the Spirit for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God. For who among men knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the things of God no one knows except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, which things we also speak, not in teachings of words of human wisdom but in teachings of the Spirit, spiritual ones discerning spiritual things.

I am curious to know what those bolded red words say to people in general. What does the Spirit teach / what are people learning?

What are you supposing that the Spirit is teaching people / what they will be learning from the Spirit?
The Spirit of which Paul is speaking is the mysterious inner being of God which God chooses to express in creation, in which the radiance of God’s glory is manifest. It is the Spirit who invites us into dialogue and who speaks through the words of the prophets. It is the Spirit of love, for God is revealed as love. It is the Spirit that finds perfect expression in the life, in the words, and especially in the love-giving of Jesus on the cross. It is the Spirit that is the bond of the eternal love in which the glory of the risen Jesus consists. It is the Spirit of the Father and the Spirit of his Son. It is this Spirit that is poured out over the world from the wounds of the crucified Christ and from his pierced heart. It is the Spirit of love that draws Paul into the divine embrace and that inspires his mission as an apostle and his proclamation of the gospel.

Our human spirit is our sharing in the being of God. Heart speaks to heart, and Spirit speaks to spirit. Through this communion in love, Paul is drawn into the inner being, ‘the depths’, of God.‘ O the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God!’(Romans 11:33). ‘Who has learned your counsel, unless you have given wisdom and sent your holy spirit from on high?’(Wisdom 9:17). Here, in the heart of God, God’s gracious design is revealed to Paul. It is the source of the inspired wisdom that energizes him in his proclaiming of the gospel of the crucified Jesus.

The Spirit is offered to all who welcome the saving love of Jesus, who ‘receive the promise of the Spirit through faith’(Galatians 3:14). ‘He who did not withhold his own Son, but gave him up for all of us, will he not with him also give us everything else?’ (Romans 8:32). ‘God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us’(Romans 5:5). ‘Because you are children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”’(Galatians 4:6). As Paul will write later in the present letter: ‘Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?’(3:16). ‘In the one Spirit we were all baptized into one body’(12:13).

The Holy Spirit inspired the Bible so that we can know God's will for us. He regenerates those who put their faith in him so that we are able to understand what God has said to us. When someone who has been born again studies the Bible he is being taught by the Spirit.
Does the Spirit of God speak to you? Can you hear God's voice? :)

The Spirit of which Paul is speaking is the mysterious inner being of God which God chooses to express in creation, in which the radiance of God’s glory is manifest. It is the Spirit who invites us into dialogue and who speaks through the words of the prophets. It is the Spirit of love, for God is revealed as love. It is the Spirit that finds perfect expression in the life, in the words, and especially in the love-giving of Jesus on the cross. It is the Spirit that is the bond of the eternal love in which the glory of the risen Jesus consists. It is the Spirit of the Father and the Spirit of his Son. It is this Spirit that is poured out over the world from the wounds of the crucified Christ and from his pierced heart. It is the Spirit of love that draws Paul into the divine embrace and that inspires his mission as an apostle and his proclamation of the gospel.

Our human spirit is our sharing in the being of God. Heart speaks to heart, and Spirit speaks to spirit. Through this communion in love, Paul is drawn into the inner being, ‘the depths’, of God.‘ O the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God!’(Romans 11:33). ‘Who has learned your counsel, unless you have given wisdom and sent your holy spirit from on high?’(Wisdom 9:17). Here, in the heart of God, God’s gracious design is revealed to Paul. It is the source of the inspired wisdom that energizes him in his proclaiming of the gospel of the crucified Jesus.

The Spirit is offered to all who welcome the saving love of Jesus, who ‘receive the promise of the Spirit through faith’(Galatians 3:14). ‘He who did not withhold his own Son, but gave him up for all of us, will he not with him also give us everything else?’ (Romans 8:32). ‘God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us’(Romans 5:5). ‘Because you are children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”’(Galatians 4:6). As Paul will write later in the present letter: ‘Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?’(3:16). ‘In the one Spirit we were all baptized into one body’(12:13).
Is there just one Spirit of God? :)

We learn what God reveals to us spiritually when we read the scriptures because God speaks to us and we hear his voice. :)

Is there just one Spirit of God? :)

Revelation 1:4 says, "Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne." The seven spirits are mentioned other times in Revelation. I don't understand what God means by this. :unsure:

The things that God wants us to know about himself, his word, things to come, and the truth.

Revelation 1:4 says, "Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne." The seven spirits are mentioned other times in Revelation. I don't understand what God means by this. :unsure:
You can be sure God is one Spirit. What do you think the number seven symbolizes?

All things by/through Christ (1 Cor 8:6b, Matt 11:27).

Matthew 11:27
All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

1 Cor 2:10-11
10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

John 16:25
These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

Christ is the Spirit (2 Cor 3:17). Right OP?

All things by/through Christ (1 Cor 8:6b, Matt 11:27).

Matthew 11:27
All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

1 Cor 2:10-11
10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

John 16:25
These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

Christ is the Spirit (2 Cor 3:17). Right OP?
Christ is the Spirit and if God is Spirit then Christ is God but God is a Father and Son relationship and that is an interchangeable relationship. The Father is in the Son and the Son is in the Father which is how God who is Father operates. However, it is one Spirit and one person! Now, those in Christ are joined to one Spirit which is Christ and it is one Spirit and one person!

Christ is the Spirit and if God is Spirit then Christ is God but God is a Father and Son relationship and that is an interchangeable relationship. The Father is in the Son and the Son is in the Father which is how God who is Father operates. However, it is one Spirit and one person! Now, those in Christ are joined to one Spirit which is Christ and it is one Spirit and one person!

In other words, your god talks to himself.

I think the better question is "WHAT will all people be taught by God?" because The same guy who wrote 2 Corinthians 2:10-13 also wrote Ephesians 4:11-16. Isaiah 54 (vs. 13), John 6:41-51 (vs45), 2 Corinthians 2:10-13, and Ephesians 4:11-16 cannot be read to conflict with one another.

In the Ephesian epistle Paul specifically stated Jesus gave some to be leaders, not all. When the prophet Isaiah said, "All your sons will be [l]taught by the LORD," and Jesus referenced Isaiah when speaking to the Jews neither God, Isaiah, nor Jesus were precluding God from using others. In point of fact, in John 6 Jesus simultaneously makes a distinction and identical claim between the God the Father and himself. In one sentence he states, "Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to me," thereby making a distinction between himself and the Father. In the very next sentence, however, an implicit identification with God is asserted when he says, "Not that anyone has seen the Father, except the one who is from God; he has seen the Father." Jesus claims to have seen God (and lived). He then has the audacity to claim God's teaching brings the learner to Jesus!

A few decades later Paul then teaches Jesus gives some to apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers (and others; the list is not exhaustive), and one of the specified reasons Jesus gave us those people was so that "until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ."

God uses others.

The question that follows is, "How can we tell who are the leaders Jesus gave us, the ones through whom we are taught by God, verses those who aren't?" because there many mentions in the New Testament of false teachers, those God is not using to teach us.

Great question(s).

At a bare minimum, one of the ways we can tell whether what we're learning is from the Spirit (or not) is whether or not our "learning" reconciles with the written word. The written word, the incarnate word, and revealed word never contradict. So, on any occasion where we believe we have been taught something directly by the Spirit, it behooves us to verify its authenticity and correctness with the word. Any contradiction is an indication that learning did not come from God. It may have been the flesh, or it may have been demonic, but it is not God. God doesn't contradict Himself. He may add to the revelation, but he never changes His prior revelation (unless the original was made with some conditional caveat).

It refers to being taught by God like how Yeshua was taught by God:

John 8
28So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing on My own, but speak exactly what the Father has taught Me.

It refers to being taught by God like how Yeshua was taught by God:

John 8
28So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing on My own, but speak exactly what the Father has taught Me.
How was Yeshua taught by God?

Back