Dispensationalism vs Amillennialism

FYI again, Satan does NOT get bound in the Pit till Christ's Immediate Post Trib. return as per Matt.24:29-30 in conjunction with Rev.19:14-21 & 20:1-6! --------------

Matthew 24:29-30​

New King James Version​

The Coming of the Son of Man​

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. -- ------------ --

Revelation 19:14-21​

New King James Version​

14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:
KING OF KINGS AND
LORD OF LORDS.

The Beast and His Armies Defeated​

17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, “Come and gather together for the supper of the great God, 18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, both small and great.”
19 And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army. 20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh.

Revelation 19:14-21​

New King James Version​

14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in [a]fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a [b]sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:
KING OF KINGS AND
LORD OF LORDS.

The Beast and His Armies Defeated​

17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, “Come and gather together for the [c]supper of the great God, 18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, both small and great.”
19 And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army. 20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh. ----- Chapter 20 - 1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

Truth7t7 has an agenda and he does not care and will not listen to what the Scriptures have to say. You are wasting your breath.​

Although I lean heavily on the Amillennial side, I have to admit that both, premillennialists and postmillennialists have points that cannot be easily dismissed. I don't make dogmatic assertions just because I like Voddie Baucham, R. C. Sproul, James White or John MacArthur. After all, who doesn't worship as if Christ is reigning now, or hope that postmillennialists are right about the future.

Although I lean heavily on the Amillennial side, I have to admit that both, premillennialists and postmillennialists have points that cannot be easily dismissed. I don't make dogmatic assertions just because I like Voddie Baucham, R. C. Sproul, James White or John MacArthur. After all, who doesn't worship as if Christ is reigning now, or hope that postmillennialists are right about the future.

Revelation 20:1-6 Isnt A Millennial Kingdom On This Earth, Dont Be Deceived​

Can you find the things claimed by those teaching a Literal 1,000 year Millennial Kingdom On This Earth in Revelation 20:1-6 below?

1.) Physical Earthly Kingdom?
2.) Physical Earthly Throne?
3.) Physical Mortal Humans?

The Above Claims (Don't Exist)

Revelation 20:1-6 Is 100% In The Lords (Spiritual) Angel, Heaven, Devil, Satan, The Souls, The Dead, God, Christ

100% Spiritual Realm, No "Literal" Time

2 Peter 3:8KJV
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Revelation 20:1-6KJV
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Mu biggest sticking point regarding A Mil is that just do not see that view doing justice to the Messianic kingdom Age as foretold by the OT Prophets under reigning of Messiah!

Mu biggest sticking point regarding A Mil is that just do not see that view doing justice to the Messianic kingdom Age as foretold by the OT Prophets under reigning of Messiah!
No Messianic Kingdom age for 1,000 years on this earth is found in scripture

The claims made by Millennialist use OT chapters that show the "Eternal Kingdom" in the new heaven and earth, as they claim this represents a Millennial Kingdom on this earth "Wrong"

Examples "Eternal Kingdom" falsely used by Millennialist:

Isaiah chapters 11 & 65, Zechariah 14, Ezekiel 47

No Messianic Kingdom age for 1,000 years on this earth is found in scripture

The claims made by Millennialist use OT chapters that show the "Eternal Kingdom" in the new heaven and earth, as they claim this represents a Millennial Kingdom on this earth "Wrong"

Examples "Eternal Kingdom" falsely used by Millennialist:

Isaiah chapters 11 & 65, Zechariah 14, Ezekiel 47
see Isaiah 66!

FYI T7t7, Satan does Not get bound till AFTER the still future 7 year Tribulation of Dan.9:27 transpires! Thus he gets bound in the Pit when Jesus returns at the END of that Tribulation as per Matt.24:29 in conjunction with Rev.19:11-21 & 20:1-6! Satan will get released at the End of the 1000 year Reign on this old sin stained earth for his FINAL short season rebellion just before the New earth gets created in Rev.21:1! Thus Satan is NOT currently bound in the Pit as of yet!
yep

Yes there is to much in scripture about a literal millennial kindgom. You cannot spiritualize it as some do.

Promises made to Israel are kept with Israel.
The New covenant is not made with the Church - Gentiles in Messiah are brought near, and benefit from Jewish promises.
Gentile believers are not spiritual Jews, they have become spiritual Gentiles.
There is always a remnant of Israel, by grace, thru faith.
The Nations are the Nations, Israel is Israel - the Chruch was a new creation consisting of persons from both.

God promised a Messianic kingdom to Israel, and a Messianic kingdom there will be.
There was an age of Creation, and age of Torah, there is now an age of Grace, and there will be a Kingdom age.
David and the Zadoks might rule and serve under the rule of Messiah. Ezekiel 37 Ezekiel 44

No such thing as a Messianic Kingdom for 1,000 years on this earth, seen in the Old Testament as you claim

The New covenant is not made with the Church - Gentiles in Messiah are brought near, and benefit from Jewish promises.
The Nations are the Nations, Israel is Israel - the Chruch was a new creation consisting of persons from both.

God promised a Messianic kingdom to Israel, and a Messianic kingdom there will be.
There was an age of Creation, and age of Torah, there is now an age of Grace, and there will be a Kingdom age.
David and the Zadoks might rule and serve under the rule of Messiah. Ezekiel 37 Ezekiel 44
God made no promise whatsoever of a 1,000 year Kingdom on this earth for anybody, this teaching is a fabricated fairy tale of man, found no place in scripture

see Isaiah 66!
The Kingdom seen in Isaiah 66 is the "Eternal Kingdom" in the New Heaven and Earth

You will closely note the "Final Judgement" has taken place, as the lake of fire is seen in verse 24, and the wicked are burning eternally

Continue to look for your 1,000 year millennial kingdom on this earth, it's found no place in scripture, it's a fabricated fairy tale of man

Isaiah 66:22-23KJV
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.
24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Many Claim Ezekiel Chapters 40-46, Represents A Future Temple In A Millennium On Earth, Is This True?

As clearly shown, Ezekiel Chapter 43 showed the temple "Pattern" to the House of Israel in the Babylonian Captivity let "Them" measure, Ezekiel was instructed to write the ordinances and law in "Their" sight, that "They" keep them, not some future generation as many "Falsely" claim

The temple seen in Ezekiel Chapters 40-46 is nothing more than the 2nd Zerubbabel Temple built 536BC after the Babylonian Captivity, where animal sacrifice for "Sin" was was instructed by "God", prior to the shed blood of Jesus Christ on Calvary, don't be deceived

Ezekiel 43:10-11 & 19-21KJV
10 Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities: and let them measure the pattern.
11 And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them.

19 And thou shalt give to the priests the Levites that be of the seed of Zadok, which approach unto me, to minister unto me, saith the Lord God, a young bullock for a sin offering.
20 And thou shalt take of the blood thereof, and put it on the four horns of it, and on the four corners of the settle, and upon the border round about: thus shalt thou cleanse and purge it.
21 Thou shalt take the bullock also of the sin offering, and he shall burn it in the appointed place of the house, without the sanctuary.

If God doesn't keep His promises to Israel
He has less reason to keep any promises made to the Church
God has fulfilled his promises made to Israel, in Jesus Christ Galatians 3:16

No such thing as two peoples of God (Church/Israel), a false teaching found in dispesationalism known as (Dual Covenant Theology)

God has fulfilled his promises made to Israel, in Jesus Christ Galatians 3:16
Israel is an elect nation among the Nations - not all Jewish individuals are people of God
God has yet to fulfill His promise to them of a future time when all of Israel are faithful
so clearly, not all promises to them have been realized yet

26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them." Ezekiel 36

A New Covenant​

31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.” Jeremiah 31

what covenant did God make with the Church?

(Dual Covenant Theology)
this would be teaching falsehood that Jews can be saved apart from graciously thru faith in Messiah Jesus

dispensationalism makes a distinction between God's activity in the Ages, and between Israel and the Church
No such thing as two peoples of God (Church/Israel)
a bride to be of the Son (Church)
is not a currently unbelieving and unfaithful Wife, who will be faithful in the Future (Israel)
so two distinct entities

Last edited:
"Jesus was rejected because the kingdom he came to bring Israel was not an earthly kingdom" John 18
(from the OP article)

"Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.” v. 36

by this time
Israel had already rejected the gospel of the Kingdom and Jesus as their Messianic king
the leadership made the decision that His Messianic miracles were acts done thru demonic/Satanic help
and the Nation went along with that decision
throughout it's history, Israel follows the Leadership
(individual Jews can differ, there is always a remnant by grace, thru faith)

Messiah does not return to Earth until they, collectively as a Nation, have a change of mind and call on Him to do so Matt 23:39
this is the sign of the immanent second coming
that is not the rapture of the Church which has no sign or knowable day and time

"As I have argued in this response and elsewhere, the national/temporal promises of a land, a temple, a priesthood, the sacrifices and so on, made to Israel under the old covenant actually point to something far greater (heavenly promises) and which are fulfilled in Christ."
(from OP article)

the Church does have Heavenly promises
I think the nation of Israel still has Heaven come to Earth promises

Last edited:
the Church does have Heavenly promises
I think the nation of Israel still has Heaven come to Earth promises
Church has heaven promises?

Israel has heaven come to earth promises?

There you have the (Two Peoples Of God, In Dual Covenant Theology) a plan for the church and a different plan for ethnic Jews "Wrong"

There are saved and unsaved, eternal kingdom or lake of fire, it's that simple

There won't be a future Millennium on this earth, Jesus returns in fire and final judgment (The End)

There Will Be No 1,000 Year Millennial Kingdom Upon This Earth, Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ

(Behold, I Make All Things New)

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Matthew 24:29-30KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9KJV

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance
on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psalm 50:3KJV

3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Zechariah 14:12KJV

12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV

5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Revelation 20:9KJV
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Last edited:
Back