Distinctions in the OT and the NT

JDS

I would like to address what seems to be the presumption of some posters here that Ezekiel’s temple cannot be in the millennial kingdom because of blood sacrifices being offered there. This is a great error and without any scriptural basis at all. I would remind the readers that the NT scriptures concerns themselves with this present age, which is called by our Lord Jesus as the “ mysteries of the kingdom of heaven.” This mystery form of the kingdom of God goes from the resurrection of Jesus Christ unto the Day of the Lord, a time that has already extended over 2000 years, or two days as God computes time. The King is absent during this time and his vineyard has been let out to stewards until he returns.

The reason this age is a mystery is because the prophets of God did not see this aspect of the kingdom in their prophecies. They only saw the physical and outward expression of the kingdom when the King will be present on the earth and his nation redeemed and under his care. So, there is a two thousand year gap in the OT prophecies but they did not know about the gap during which Israel would be dispersed out of her land in total for such a long time and persecuted as per the Palestinian covenant in Duet 30.

So, when Jesus Christ rose from the dead it was not to rule over a submissive and thankful nation. His generation had thundered their rejection of his kingship that he was ready to establish by declaring, “ we will not have this man to rule over us.” Jesus responded to the rulers of this nation, telling them that he would not save that generation of Jews, neither in that age or the age to come, which is the age we are in now.

So, what was the result? Our Lord began to deal with individual Jews and called them to salvation through personal faith in his person and work on the cross for them. This was no longer a call for national repentance and faith in Christ, but an individual and personal faith. There would be a new principle of divine dealing with his people and the world. His principle would be grace and he would accept and forgive any and all who would come to him in repentance and faith in his name. He could do that because he had propitiated God and satisfied his justice and had appeased his anger in a one time sacrifice as the perfect substitute of himself on behalf of all sinners. In AD 40, he sent Peter to a gentile by the name of Cornelius to open up the door of faith to gentiles and make them a partaker of the spiritual blessings of Israel, which is the forgiveness of sins in the name of Christ and the gift of the Holy Spirit to indwell their mortal bodies. Since then until today it has been mostly gentiles that makes up the church of Jesus Christ.

So, nothing had ever been written to govern the Christians in this new age when Jews and gentiles would be accepted by God on an equal basis so God raised up Paul and sent him as the special apostle to the gentiles and to reveal the mysteries of this age. Let me quote a verse.

1 Cor 4:1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.
2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.

The NT epistles are for this time and tells us how to walk and please God, making promises to us and the saved Jews. Promises that are relative to the church of Jesus Christ but not relative to the unsaved Jews and the nations. Paul would testify in passages like this one.

Rom 15:14 And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.
15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God,
16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
17 I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God.
18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,
19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

So, concluding here, the events of this age is not a fulfillment of the OT prophecies concerning the nations and the people of God, Israel. All of those prophecies will be minutely fulfilled, every jot and tittle, but it will be after this age and the translation of the church of Jesus Christ, which is his bride and his body. The greatest OT type of this is the creation of Eve from the sleeping side of Adam, who was then presented as his wife. Israel is the estranged wife of Jehovah who will be reunited with him. This is the typology.

Those of you who are teaching that God has stopped loving Israel and has cast her off forever are setting up battle camps against God and his purposes that he has clearly revealed in his holy scriptures. There is a marriage supper of the Lamb presented to us in the scriptures.

I will be back to fill in some blanks later. I know this subject. I close this op with a warning that is given by Jesus Christ. There is no middle ground. We are all on one side or the other whether we know it or not.

Mt 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Last edited: