Do and live.

Carbon

According to the Arminian and semi pelagian theories, the first good begins with man, and the Spirit of God is only a benevolent well wisher.

Though in scripture man is described as dead in sin, the real deed, begins on man’s side.
And that’s the grand evil of all these free will systems, which is that they insert a legal condition which men have to perform, and all the ends at last in the law of works, leaving men to apply themselves as best they can the benefits which the redeemer purchased.

Yes, humanity is thrown under a godly guise, upon the principle, - “do and live”

According to the Arminian and semi pelagian theories, the first good begins with man, and the Spirit of God is only a benevolent well wisher.

Though in scripture man is described as dead in sin, the real deed, begins on man’s side.
And that’s the grand evil of all these free will systems, which is that they insert a legal condition which men have to perform, and all the ends at last in the law of works, leaving men to apply themselves as best they can the benefits which the redeemer purchased.

Yes, humanity is thrown under a godly guise, upon the principle, - “do and live”
In these systems the gift of salvation is not given to man, but to his strenuous self- application.

And if this be the case, man relies on his reliance, or believes in his belief, and nothing can free him from his legalism.

A bad tree does not bear good fruit. ?

Man owes his entire regeneration to the effectual operation of the Holy Spirit. Any synergism or co-operation on man’s side would necessarily presuppose the existence of powers on man’s side in order for co- operation.

But in the explicit statements of scripture man is represented as impotent, actually, dead in trespasses and sins, Ephesians 2:1,
And you were dead in the trespasses and sins;
Thus rendering co-operation toward his own resuscitation impossible, and an absurd idea.

But scripture explicitly describes the divine action of the Spirit as working in us to will and to do , Phil 2:13,
for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

There is no middle ground, no intermediate stage between death and life, between conversion and non-conversion; the origin of spiritual life must be instantaneous. It’s compared to creation.
Psalm 51:10,
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.
Ephesians 2:10,
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

It’s compared to resurrection. Ephesians 1:9,
making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ

The man who is an elect and is subject to the change which the creative omnipotence acts, to the exclusion of all mental preparations on man’s side, - for he is only receptive, - and all merits of congruity of every description. - Smeaton..,

Phil 2:13,
for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.
@eternomade
Here is a verse that free willers can’t deal with. Since God works in us both to will and to work for His good pleasure. They seem to strip this verse of its Author and apply it to Calvinist’s claiming we teach God does all the work and we do nothing.
It is s difficult verse to accept from
Those systems. And I bet they do it no justice when they explain it. ?

In these systems the gift of salvation is not given to man, but to his strenuous self- application.

And if this be the case, man relies on his reliance, or believes in his belief, and nothing can free him from his legalism.
Oh I should say, only God can free them

@eternomade
Here is a verse that free willers can’t deal with. Since God works in us both to will and to work for His good pleasure. They seem to strip this verse of its Author and apply it to Calvinist’s claiming we teach God does all the work and we do nothing.

Philippians 2:12 (KJV) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Philippians 2:13 (KJV) For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Yes God works the will and do in them. But Paul was asking them to obey even more in his absence, which means there is libertarianism involved in the extent of the will and do God works in them.

Philippians 2:12 (KJV) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Philippians 2:13 (KJV) For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Yes God works the will and do in them. But Paul was asking them to obey even more in his absence, which means there is libertarianism involved in the extent of the will and do God works in them.
So, what do you think these passages mean?

So, what do you think these passages mean?
Good for you, keep Champions head in answering and looking at Scripture. I've said this before, he rarely uses Scripture, everything is pure conjecture. Keep him on the path of looking at Scripture, it will change him.

Let’s start with this verse. Would you explain the meaning here?

Good for you, keep Champions head in answering and looking at Scripture. I've said this before, he rarely uses Scripture, everything is pure conjecture. Keep him on the path of looking at Scripture, it will change him.
Well these people who throw out scripture thinking it means something and gives answers. I’d like to know what they are trying to say. That’s all,

Otherwise its just senseless

@eternomade
It's because that only pertains to Israel not us just like Romans 9?

Well these people who throw out scripture thinking it means something and gives answers. I’d like to know what they are trying to say. That’s all,

Otherwise its just senseless
What scripture you started a thread with no scripture just human opinions .

Senseless is right .

Back