Do I need a preacher's permission to obey God?

Janice Bower

2 Timothy 3
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

(Unfortunately I didn't know the scriptures from a child). I would have liked knowing them so that I would have been wise unto salvation sooner, but my omniscient God knew when He would save me.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

God decided to bring me out of Mormonism and He began teaching me.

As I read my Bible, I saw Galatians 1:6-9. And later I read Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

dberrie2020 took my words and put his own spin on them. I never said I don't need a preacher. I don't need a preacher to know truths that the Holy Spirit brings to mind. If God instructs us to obey His words and if we remember or memorize them, we trust and obey. We love Him because He first loved us!

Do I need a preacher's permission to obey God?​

These verses should answer that question:

Gal 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, (23) gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Unless you are the preacher, which your not, then there would be no other way to know what or who to worship. So, the answer is yes. U need a preacher. We all do.

Unless you are the preacher, which your not, then there would be no other way to know what or who to worship. So, the answer is yes. U need a preacher. We all do.
No other way? Not hardly. You don’t give much credit to God’s word (scriptures) and His Holy Spirit.

No other way? Not hardly. You don’t give much credit to God’s word (scriptures) and His Holy Spirit.
How do you think we got those scriptures? They came through a preacher sent from God. The sad thing is, almost all other Christian religions don't think God sends preachers anymore. They think the Bible is enough. They believe in a God that changes. He doesn't talk to men anymore except through the scriptures.

After the greatest event in human history, God clammed up and stop talking to his children. One would think with the new covenant, there'd be a lot of questions - and there were. Funny how He just disappeared after being so involved with men in the past.

Mormons have the KJV. Did they delete Galatians and Jude after I left? All preachers are in the church of the devil according to Mormonism.
Contrary to Mormon opinion, the gates of hell couldn't prevail against God's Church and the Holy Spirit is with us FOREVER.

Just in case someone doesn't understand the Bible or the OP:

"dberrie2020 took my words and put his own spin on them. I never said I don't need a preacher. I don't need a preacher to know truths that the Holy Spirit brings to mind. If God instructs us to obey His words and if we remember or memorize them, we trust and obey. We love Him because He first loved us!"

There are reasons to obey the word of God:

Psalm 119:11
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Joseph Smith lied:
“I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.”
(History of the Church, 4:461.)

Mormons have the KJV.
We can use any version of the Bible we want.
All preachers are in the church of the devil according to Mormonism.
Only the ones who get paid to preach.
Contrary to Mormon opinion, the gates of hell couldn't prevail against God's Church and the Holy Spirit is with us FOREVER.
The gates of hell didn't prevail. The church didn't get destroyed even though those that manage the gates of hell tried to destroy it.

"dberrie2020 took my words and put his own spin on them.
Uh huh. Generally @dberrie2020 quotes from the Bible and asks why our critics don't believe the Bible. We do.

This was you, wasn't it?
I don't need a preacher or professor to lay out the steps God wants me to take.

That looks like a direct quote. In context, you finished the thought with this:
His word is a light to my path.
So, how did you get that word? It came from a preacher sent from God. Without that preacher, we are all left to our own interpretations and we can see what mess that has put the Christian world in... It's a world where everyone has the truth even those they all disagree. LOL. That's a problem.
I don't need a preacher to know truths that the Holy Spirit brings to mind.
And, I think dberrie's point was that you do, we all do.
If God instructs us to obey His words
Words that came from a preacher...
if we remember or memorize them
memorize what? What would you have if not that it came from a preacher?
We love Him because He first loved us!"
Irrelevant. No one would not that he loved us first, if not for a preacher. In case anyone thinks I'm talking about paid ministers, I'm not. That preacher was, in times past, a prophet or an apostle or a teacher sent from God. No one had any of those after 70AD. From there onward, men were left to their own devices and a few scribbled words in a book, but they found that it could be monetized and used it to control the masses corrupting its teachings - every Protestant believes that or they would be a Catholic. The problem is, they never had a preacher sent from God. Regardless of the church they rejected, they still kept their creeds with only slight modifications but still based on the interpretations of men.
There are reasons to obey the word of God:
There are indeed reasons to obey the word of God, but we wouldn't have that word if it wasn't for a preacher. So, I still disagree with you, we all need a preacher sent from God.
Joseph Smith lied:
“I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.”
(History of the Church, 4:461.)
Once again, you have to prove he knew better or at least believed differently in order for that statement to be a lie. So, bzzzt on that one. However, if we had words from preachers sent from God, I should think that everyone who wanted to know God would have them. The Book of Mormon was not passed down to you through the hands of a corrupt church as was the Bible. It has one interpreter from one language into another. From that point on, it has been maintained by a church that claims, and I believe those claims, that it is the only true church of Jesus Christ on the earth. It is the most correct book because no one since that book was produced has been able to meddle with the contents or has made an effort to rearrange the contents in order to support a narrative.

The scribe who inserted into the Bible that "anger without a cause" had an agenda. He was justifying that anger in some cases is okay. He could support it because God, on occasion, has expressed anger. Perhaps that's what he was thinking about when he inserted those words but in doing so, he justified anger so long as we have a cause, and who was ever angry without a cause? And that's just one example. You won't find any of that in the Book of Mormon. In that sense, it is the most correct book. No one has suggested that it's perfect. But it sat, buried in the earth for over a thousand years, untouched by man or any church or scholar; being translated by the power and gift of God further adds to its veracity.

How do you think we got those scriptures? They came through a preacher sent from God. The sad thing is, almost all other Christian religions don't think God sends preachers anymore. They think the Bible is enough. They believe in a God that changes. He doesn't talk to men anymore except through the scriptures.

After the greatest event in human history, God clammed up and stop talking to his children. One would think with the new covenant, there'd be a lot of questions - and there were. Funny how He just disappeared after being so involved with men in the past.
The Bible says God spoke thru prophets in times past, but now He speaks thru His Son and His Spirit.

He provided us with His words. We have them. His Spirit continues to speak to us. God has never “clammed up.” That’s a falsehood you like to project onto Christians.

The Bible says God spoke thru prophets in times past, but now He speaks thru His Son and His Spirit.

He provided us with His words. We have them. His Spirit continues to speak to us. God has never “clammed up.” That’s a falsehood you like to project onto Christians.
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Acts 3:21

whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.

Hebrews 1

Absolutely true!

John 14:16 and 25

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things,and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1 Thessalonians 5
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Back