Do Mormons actually have continuing revelations or opinions

The Prophet

And inasmuch as mine enemies come against you ... ye shall curse them; And whomsoever ye curse, I will curse, and ye shall avenge me of mine enemies (Doctrine and Covenants, 103:24-25).

(Doctrine and Covenants 132:7) And again, verily I say, whomsoever you bless I will bless, and whomsoever you curse I will curse, saith the Lord; for I, the Lord, am thy God.

Authentic Nouveau

The Doctrine & Covenants indicate Open canon New Revelations erase old revelations. Like the white and delightsome transformation.

I call it loose canon.

organgrinder

LDS revelations and their prophets are phonies. The "revelators" do not meet the biblical test of a prophet. Having a living prophet is a super big deal and a selling point for the Mormon church. However, past revelations of Joseph Smith, Brigham Young and others are shoved to the side as they don't comport with their written scriptures. Yet, Young has said when he preached, it was the same as scripture. What is the point of having a living prophet if you just ash can the prophecies and revelations?

It is done because the revelations are well outside the mainstream and Mormons want to be considered more as mainstream Christians, which they are not.

Theo1689

Do Mormons actually have continuing revelations

Of course they do!

Haven't you received the 2019 expanded edition of the D&C, with all of Hinckley's and Monson's prophecies?

[The 2020 edition is delayed due to COVID....]

Erundur

Which was......? white and delightsome changed or blacks to the priesthood?
See for yourself:

Erundur

Where can I find that in revelation book ?
Right here:

Erundur

LDS revelations and their prophets are phonies. The "revelators" do not meet the biblical test of a prophet. Having a living prophet is a super big deal and a selling point for the Mormon church. However, past revelations of Joseph Smith, Brigham Young and others are shoved to the side as they don't comport with their written scriptures. Yet, Young has said when he preached, it was the same as scripture. What is the point of having a living prophet if you just ash can the prophecies and revelations?

It is done because the revelations are well outside the mainstream and Mormons want to be considered more as mainstream Christians, which they are not.
Thank you for your opinion.

Bonnie

In 1978 no revelation was given however it withdrew a previous revelation, where is this new revelation found in the D&C or any Mormon Canon ?
Interesting....you mean, it was never formally added to the Mormon canon of Scripture?

Bonnie

See for yourself:

...but black men, no matter how faithful they were to the LDS church, were denied the priesthood, until 1978, and thus, could not be exalted to Godhood, since they could not get inside temples to do all of the things therein necessary to make one "worthy" of "exaltation" to "godhood." Correct?

Last edited:

Erundur

...but black men, no matter how faithful they were to the LDS church, were denied the priesthood, until 1978, and thus, could not be exalted to Godhood, since they could not get inside temples to do all of the things therein necessary to make one "worthy" of "exaltation" to "godhood." Correct?
Not in our church.