Do Mormons believe Cain is still alive on earth?

organgrinder

I started this thread because I finished a novel called the Adamic Code written by a Mormon author. Has some weirdness in it and you can see where some of the LDS theology is alluded to. Cain and Baphomet figure prominently, as Cain is still alive. I did see a story on the net where an LDS figure said he had an encounter with Cain and it was mentioned by President Spencer Kimball in his forgiveness book. Interesting story and also has discussions of the living with the dead (the other side, etc.).
Just curious who believes Cain would still be alive. I mean, the scriptures say Moses died, but some actually believe he never did. Such strange things coming from Mormons.

brotherofJared

I started this thread because I finished a novel called the Adamic Code written by a Mormon author.
Sounds like the author was imitating the DaVinci Code.
Has some weirdness in it and you can see where some of the LDS theology is alluded to.
Card is also a Mormon author and we can see some LDS theology in his books too, but that doesn't mean we believe what Card's books have in it.
Cain and Baphomet figure prominently, as Cain is still alive.
I'm not familiar with the book. This sentence makes no sense to me at all.
I did see a story on the net where an LDS figure said he had an encounter with Cain and it was mentioned by President Spencer Kimball in his forgiveness book. Interesting story
Yes. It was an interesting story, but the original statement does not say who the hideous creature was. I'm not sure how they concluded that it was Cain and I have no idea why Kimball went off the rails with his mention of the story. Maybe he didn't think he had enough pages to fill the chapter.
and also has discussions of the living with the dead (the other side, etc.).
You know, there's also this weird story in the Bible about the beggar and the rich man on the other side. You guys, as I understand it, spin doctrine out of that where we just think it's a nice story, but meant to illustrate that the dead returning from the grave won't change the minds of anyone. We have an excellent example of that today. But the story itself is just weird.
I mean, the scriptures say Moses died, but some actually believe he never did.
There is plenty of argument from scholars in several varied disciplines on both sides, did he die or didn't he. There is a problem, you all have only offered your biased opinion without any substance. You accept the Bible where it says that God buried Moses but won't accept the Bible where God called the beings in the divine council, gods. It seems to be a rather two-faced approach to the scriptures which lends to any and all interpretations to be whatever you want them to be rather than any support from the actual scriptures themselves.