Do the "elect", "chosen” or “choice” ones of God know who they are?

Who are those whom God chooses to save?
Why don't you know?
The elect. Those He chose to have mercy and compassion on, and not those who chose by using their free will or exertion of the freedom of will.
Rom 9:16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.

Do you also believe that God's mercy and compassion is dependent on human will or exertion........ If you could be honest with yourself for one second your answer would be YES!

Why are you hoping for something that you already have?
Romans 8:24
For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Exactly! That's how assured of my salvation I am; I believe and because I believe the Bible and Spirit of truth I know already that I have received it. Do you believe what the Bible says or not? If you're still unsure of your salvation, then you are struggling with unbelief of the assurance that God gives us as believers. Stop doubting and be assured.

23 And not only [so], but also we ourselves, having the first-fruit of the Spirit, we also ourselves in ourselves do groan, adoption expecting -- the redemption of our body; 24 for in hope we were saved, and hope beheld is not hope; for what any one doth behold, why also doth he hope for [it]? 25 and if what we do not behold we hope for, through continuance we expect [it].
26 And, in like manner also, the Spirit doth help our weaknesses; for, what we may pray for, as it behoveth [us], we have not known, but the Spirit himself doth make intercession for us with groanings unutterable, 27 and He who is searching the hearts hath known what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because according to God he doth intercede for saints.
28 And we have known that to those loving God all things do work together for good, to those who are called according to purpose; 29 because whom He did foreknow, He also did fore-appoint, conformed to the image of His Son, that he might be first-born among many brethren;
30 and whom He did fore-appoint, these also He did call; and whom He did call, these also He declared righteous; and whom He declared righteous, these also He did glorify.
31 What, then, shall we say unto these things? if God [is] for us, who [is] against us?
32 He who indeed His own Son did not spare, but for us all did deliver him up, how shall He not also with him the all things grant to us?
33 Who shall lay a charge against the choice ones of God? God [is] He that is declaring righteous, 34 who [is] he that is condemning? Christ [is] He that died, yea, rather also, was raised up; who is also on the right hand of God -- who also doth intercede for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of the Christ? tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 (according as it hath been written -- `For Thy sake we are put to death all the day long, we were reckoned as sheep of slaughter,') 37 but in all these we more than conquer, through him who loved us; 38 for I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor messengers, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, 39 nor things about to be, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, that [is] in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:23-39

Why don't you know?
The elect. Those He chose to have mercy and compassion on, and not those who chose by using their free will or exertion of the freedom of will.
Rom 9:16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.

Do you also believe that God's mercy and compassion is dependent on human will or exertion........ If you could be honest with yourself for one second your answer would be YES!
But that golden calf! You know the one Joseph A made them?

Why don't you know?
Scripturally, God saves those who believe:
1Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, [/u]it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.[/u]

Belief/faith is the means by which one is saved.

People who make an intellectual or emotional choice to "be a Christian" have no conviction, nor assurance.
They remain lost, being obedient to self and self will.

When God reveals Himself to an individual, God convicts and cuts to the heart. What should I do now is the cry of the heart.

I wouldn't know, because God didn't draw me on a intellectual or emotional level. But there was plenty of conviction and it definitely cut to the heart.

God leads those who He enables to understand the gospel to repentance and to a baptism through obedience. They know, that they know, that they are for they are indwelt by God and become obedient to his leading.

Actaully I would say that 'I know what I know because I believe the Bible and His Spirit that guides me in its truths'.

1Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, [/u]it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.[/u]

So, where did that "belief/faith" originally come from?

I have never claimed that faith that comes after receiving a revelation that Jesus Christ is lord and saviour does not save.
He after all is the author and perfecter of my faith. The glory belongs to Him alone.

From your response you make it clear that you do believe that God has mercy and compassion based on human will and exertion of that will.
Thereby you contradict Paul and the inspired Word of God.

Paul also writes as God inspired him:
As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.
Galatians 1:9 ESV

I have never claimed that faith that comes after receiving a revelation that Jesus Christ is lord and saviour does not save.
He after all is the author and perfecter of my faith. The glory belongs to Him alone.

That revelation can be read in scripture

or heard in biblical preaching

Back