Do the "elect", "chosen” or “choice” ones of God know who they are?

Luke 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
How does this negate that they both died on a cross and their spirits went to hell? They went to a place where the OT saints were waiting for Jesus to free them. Your claim is that Jesus is applying the same rules for the dead and for those who are alive. Your first mistake was to claim that the "living thief" went with Jesus to paradise when in fact the thief died on the cross...

Scripture never teaches that "their spirits went to hell".
27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

and just in case you don't know what a soul is...
Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Scripture teaches that thief went to Paradise (ie. heaven) that very day.
Paradise is not Heaven... Jesus did not go to heaven that very day...
John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

When you make those statements and claim scripture teaches, you should quote where the scripture teaches it.

27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Well, we could discuss that passage if you wish, and see whether you're interpreting it correctly. Obviously, I don't think that you are.

Paradise is not Heaven... Jesus did not go to heaven that very day...

Actually, Paradise IS heaven:

2 Cor. 12:2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows. 3 And I know that this man was caught up into paradise—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows— 4 and he heard things that cannot be told, which man may not utter.

And yes, Jesus DID go to heaven that day.

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

That doesn't say that Jesus didn't go to heaven the day He was crucified.
This is specifically referring to a specific ASCENSION event that had not yet happened.

When you make those statements and claim scripture teaches, you should quote where the scripture teaches it.

Maybe you should lose the attitude and instead follow your own advice.
You STILL haven't provided any Scripture which teaches, "Jesus didn't go to heaven that day".

Well, we could discuss that passage if you wish, and see whether you're interpreting it correctly. Obviously, I don't think that you are.
The scripture is not of private interpretation...
2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
Actually, Paradise IS heaven:

2 Cor. 12:2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows. 3 And I know that this man was caught up into paradise—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows— 4 and he heard things that cannot be told, which man may not utter.
Nothing here says Paradise is heaven...Paul does not know if he went to heaven... He knows he went to paradise an enclosed garden...
And yes, Jesus DID go to heaven that day.
Where is the passage that says so?
That doesn't say that Jesus didn't go to heaven the day He was crucified.
This says he did not...
This is specifically referring to a specific ASCENSION event that had not yet happened.
So how many times did Jesus ascend and where is ir written in the scripture?
Maybe you should lose the attitude and instead follow your own advice.
My attitude is just fine, and I follow my advice.
You STILL haven't provided any Scripture which teaches, "Jesus didn't go to heaven that day".
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Matthew 12:40
For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Please show your scripture that says Jesus did go to heaven that day.

The scripture is not of private interpretation...
2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Here is proof that you don't correctly understand Scripture.
But if your false "interpretation" of this verse were true, then it would only mean that your comments here are worthless, since they are nothing but your "private interpretation".

But I guess the bottom line is that you're not interested in discussing Scripture.
Oh well....

Nothing here says Paradise is heaven...Paul does not know if he went to heaven... He knows he went to paradise an enclosed garden...

Paul was writing in a style called Hebraic parallelism, where he is saying the same thing in different words. The style is found throughout Proverbs, for example.

2 Cor. 12:2 I know a man in Christ who ... was caught up to the third heaven
3 And I know that this man was caught up into paradise

Paul is equating "the third heaven" with "Paradise":

"first heaven" - the air - home of the "birds of the heavens".
"second heaven"- cosmic space - 'the stars in the heaven".
"third heaven" = Paradise/the abode of God - "our Father in heaven".

Where is the passage that says so?

2 Cor. 12:2-4.

This says he did not...

No, it doesn't.
This is referring to a SPECIFIC ascension, which hadn't happened yet.

So how many times did Jesus ascend and where is ir written in the scripture?

Jesus didn't "ascend" to heave on the day He was crucified.
He simply went there without physically ascending.

My attitude is just fine, and I follow my advice.

Then why can't you provide any Scripture which says, "Jesus didn't GO to heaven when He was crucified"?

Please show your scripture that says Jesus did go to heaven that day.

Luke 23:43 And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise."

How does this negate that they both died on a cross and their spirits went to hell? They went to a place where the OT saints were waiting for Jesus to free them...
Yes, they were waiting in Abraham's bosom, not hell.

Luke 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
Luke 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Here is proof that you don't correctly understand Scripture.
But if your false "interpretation" of this verse were true, then it would only mean that your comments here are worthless, since they are nothing but your "private interpretation".
My comments are what the scripture says... I did not interpret anything.
But I guess the bottom line is that you're not interested in discussing Scripture.
Oh well....
This forum is about discussing scripture... You did not present any scripture that says Jesus went to heaven the day he died.
Paul was writing in a style called Hebraic parallelism, where he is saying the same thing in different words. The style is found throughout Proverbs, for example.

2 Cor. 12:2 I know a man in Christ who ... was caught up to the third heaven
3 And I know that this man was caught up into paradise

Paul is equating "the third heaven" with "Paradise":

"first heaven" - the air - home of the "birds of the heavens".
"second heaven"- cosmic space - 'the stars in the heaven".
"third heaven" = Paradise/the abode of God - "our Father in heaven".
You left out the part where he said he did not know... Paul does not equate anything since he admitted to not knowing...
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Please show the scripture to support your assumptions...
No, it doesn't.
This is referring to a SPECIFIC ascension, which hadn't happened yet.
So how many times did Jesus ascend? Please show the scripture to support your assumptions..
Jesus didn't "ascend" to heave on the day He was crucified.
He simply went there without physically ascending.
That is a joke right? You are saying, Jesus spent three days and three nights in the earth while he was in heaven?
For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Then why can't you provide any Scripture which says, "Jesus didn't GO to heaven when He was crucified"?
I did provide scripture saying that Jesus spent three days and three nights in the heart of the earth when he died...
Luke 23:43 And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise."
This is proof that paradise is not heaven.
Unless you are saying that Jesus lied about being three days and three nights in the heart of the earth...

I did not interpret anything.

ROTFLOL!

Unless you are saying that Jesus lied about being three days and three nights in the heart of the earth...

This gets old REALLY fast.
Just because I reject your ignorant misinterpretation, dosen't mean that I think Jesus "lied".
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but you are NOT Jesus.
Get over yourself.

I've explained your error to you.
You refuse to accept correction.
I see no value in wasting any further time on you.

Yes, they were waiting in Abraham's bosom, not hell.
Read the passage slowly... The man in hell could see Abraham and Lazarus...Are you saying that Heaven and hell are next to each other?

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
Luke 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
Luke 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
This does not support your position that they were not in hell. All it suggests is that there was a safe place in hell for believers. Jesus spent three days and three nights in hell. Why would he go to hell if there were no believers there to deliver?

ROTFLOL!

This gets old REALLY fast.
Just because I reject your ignorant misinterpretation, dosen't mean that I think Jesus "lied".
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but you are NOT Jesus.
Get over yourself.

I've explained your error to you.
You refuse to accept correction.
I see no value in wasting any further time on you.
So did Jesus spend three days and three nights in the earth? yes or no? If he did as he said he did, why are you claiming that he immediately went to heaven when he died. You are making excuses to run away. Are we not discussing the scripture as you suggested...You are claiming to have corrected me but you have not posted any scripture to do so... Is it not the scripture we use for correction and reproof?
2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
You are yet to post a scripture that says Jesus went to heaven immediately...I showed you two passages one where Jesus said he had not ascended yet and another where he said he stays three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Back