Do the "elect", "chosen” or “choice” ones of God know who they are?

You did not answer my question.

The word of truth you need to understand by the Spirit 1 Corin. 2:10-14?
You are fabricating

And you have altered the reading of the verse

Your interpretation was disputed long ago

and you have not addressed this

Ephesians 1:13 (KJV)
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

sealed in Christ after ye believed

Last edited:
You are fabricating

Your interpretation was disputed long ago

and you have not addressed this

Ephesians 1:13 (KJV)
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

sealed in Christ after ye believed
Still mo answer. Let's try again.

The word of truth you need to understand by the Spirit? 1 Corin. 2:10-14

That is a man made nonsense. God doesn't exist outside of time. Time is cause and effect.
And he imagines unbelievers may be in Christ

Oh the desperation his theology leads him to

Usage. Paul more often than any other New Testament author combines the preposition “in” (en) with some designation for Christ. The phrase and its cognates occur some two hundred times in Pauline literature. The apostle uses the term in more than one sense, and scholars have attempted to interpret the concept in a variety of ways (e.g., mystical, existential, sacramental, local, eschatological, and ecclesiastical). In places, the words “in Christ” can be understood as just another way of designating a Christian (Eph. 1:1; Phil. 1:1; Col. 1:2; 1 Thess. 4:16). The idea of instrumentality or causality is an alternate usage of the phrase (Rom. 14:14; 2 Cor. 3:14; Gal. 2:17; Phil. 4:13). It is clear, however, that the words “in Christ” also have soteriological meaning for Paul (Rom. 8:1; 2 Cor. 5:19; Eph. 1:20). Being “in Christ” is presented as the only basis for justification and glorification (Col. 1:27).

R. David Rightmire, “Union with Christ,” in Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology, electronic ed., Baker Reference Library (Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 1996), 789.

He might as well say one can be an unbeliever and a christian at the same time

That is a man made nonsense. God doesn't exist outside of time. Time is cause and effect.

Usage. Paul more often than any other New Testament author combines the preposition “in” (en) with some designation for Christ. The phrase and its cognates occur some two hundred times in Pauline literature. The apostle uses the term in more than one sense, and scholars have attempted to interpret the concept in a variety of ways (e.g., mystical, existential, sacramental, local, eschatological, and ecclesiastical). In places, the words “in Christ” can be understood as just another way of designating a Christian (Eph. 1:1; Phil. 1:1; Col. 1:2; 1 Thess. 4:16). The idea of instrumentality or causality is an alternate usage of the phrase (Rom. 14:14; 2 Cor. 3:14; Gal. 2:17; Phil. 4:13). It is clear, however, that the words “in Christ” also have soteriological meaning for Paul (Rom. 8:1; 2 Cor. 5:19; Eph. 1:20). Being “in Christ” is presented as the only basis for justification and glorification (Col. 1:27).

R. David Rightmire, “Union with Christ,” in Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology, electronic ed., Baker Reference Library (Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 1996), 789.

He might as well say one can be an unbeliever and a christian at the same time
So you agree God does not exist outside of time?

So you agree God does not exist outside of time?
Why did you runaway from what I did state

He might as well say one can be an unbeliever and a Christian at the same time

Why did you runaway from what I did state

He might as well say one can be an unbeliever and a Christian at the same time
Does God exist outside of time??

Okay. But what do you "know" that makes you elect, is it something that you can articulate with words?
For one my life was transformed the day I was saved.

Secondly I have a relationship with Christ that is just as real as the relationship I have with my wife, children , grandchildren, friends etc…

Third I’ve personally seen God intervene in my life answering 100’s of specific prayers that I was incapable of answering myself , they were beyond my abilities .

Fourth Gods Word is alive as if He is speaking directly to me and it’s something I’ve looked forward to since the day He saved me back in 1980. I spend time alone with Him daily in His word. It fills me, nourishes my soul/spirit just as food and water nourish my body. His word is alive and active sharper than a 2 edge sword able to discern the thoughts and intentions of the heart .

Fifth my prayer life communication with God is a constant even more so than any other relationship . He is with me 24/7 where no other human is with me 24/7. God is sneaks with me and in me. As Romans 8 teaches Abba Father.

Sixth is last but not least . This world is not my home I’m just passing through . My desire is to go and be with Him more than anything here . But I know God is still saving people and he uses us to spread the gospel and be His witnesses . So I know there is still work to be done here and people to influence for the Kingdom.

I could probably list 20 reasons but these are enough to know why I’m here and why God saved me and the evidence I know is true in my life.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bible / God assures us that we can KNOW we have eternal life now. It’s a promise . It’s called assurance of one’s salvation . One cannot be saved unless they are chosen/ elect / predestined as Roman’s chapter 8 declares . And those who are predestined , called , chosen cannot be separated from the love of Christ . It’s called security in Christ and it’s eternal .

hope this helps !!!

Yes indeed.
The believer is not in the flesh, but in the Spirit. If indeed the Spirit of God does dwell in us; and if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ; they are not His. And if Christ is in us as believers the body indeed is dead because of sin, and the Spirit is alive because of righteousness, and if the Spirit of Him who did raise up Jesus out of the dead does dwell in us, He who did raise up Christ out of the dead does quicken our dying bodies, through His Spirit that is dwelling in us as believers.

1 There is, then, now no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus, who walk not according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit; for the law of the Spirit of the life in Christ Jesus did set me free from the law of the sin and of the death; for what the law was not able to do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, His own Son having sent in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, did condemn the sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteousness of the law may be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
5 For those who are according to the flesh, the things of the flesh do mind; and those according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit; 6 for the mind of the flesh [is] death, and the mind of the Spirit -- life and peace; 7 because the mind of the flesh [is] enmity to God, for to the law of God it doth not subject itself, 8 for neither is it able; and those who are in the flesh are not able to please God.
9 And ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God doth dwell in you; and if any one hath not the Spirit of Christ -- this one is not His; 10 and if Christ [is] in you, the body, indeed, [is] dead because of sin, and the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness, 11 and if the Spirit of Him who did raise up Jesus out of the dead doth dwell in you, He who did raise up the Christ out of the dead shall quicken also your dying bodies, through His Spirit dwelling in you.
12 So, then, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh; 13 for if according to the flesh ye do live, ye are about to die; and if, by the Spirit, the deeds of the body ye put to death, ye shall live; 14 for as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God; 15 for ye did not receive a spirit of bondage again for fear, but ye did receive a spirit of adoption in which we cry, `Abba -- Father.'
16 The Spirit himself doth testify with our spirit, that we are children of God; 17 and if children, also heirs, heirs, indeed, of God, and heirs together of Christ -- if, indeed, we suffer together, that we may also be glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of the present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory about to be revealed in us; 19 for the earnest looking out of the creation doth expect the revelation of the sons of God; 20 for to vanity was the creation made subject -- not of its will, but because of Him who did subject [it] -- in hope, 21 that also the creation itself shall be set free from the servitude of the corruption to the liberty of the glory of the children of God; 22 for we have known that all the creation doth groan together, and doth travail in pain together till now.
23 And not only [so], but also we ourselves, having the first-fruit of the Spirit, we also ourselves in ourselves do groan, adoption expecting -- the redemption of our body;
24 for in hope we were saved, and hope beheld is not hope; for what any one doth behold, why also doth he hope for [it]?
25 and if what we do not behold we hope for, through continuance we expect [it].
26 And, in like manner also, the Spirit doth help our weaknesses; for, what we may pray for, as it behoveth [us], we have not known, but the Spirit himself doth make intercession for us with groanings unutterable, 27 and He who is searching the hearts hath known what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because according to God he doth intercede for saints.
28 And we have known that to those loving God all things do work together for good, to those who are called according to purpose; 29 because whom He did foreknow, He also did fore-appoint, conformed to the image of His Son, that he might be first-born among many brethren; 30 and whom He did fore-appoint, these also He did call; and whom He did call, these also He declared righteous; and whom He declared righteous, these also He did glorify.
31 What, then, shall we say unto these things? if God [is] for us, who [is] against us?
32 He who indeed His own Son did not spare, but for us all did deliver him up, how shall He not also with him the all things grant to us?
33 Who shall lay a charge against the choice ones of God? God [is] He that is declaring righteous, 34 who [is] he that is condemning? Christ [is] He that died, yea, rather also, was raised up; who is also on the right hand of God -- who also doth intercede for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of the Christ? tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 (according as it hath been written -- `For Thy sake we are put to death all the day long, we were reckoned as sheep of slaughter,') 37 but in all these we more than conquer, through him who loved us; 38 for I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor messengers, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, 39 nor things about to be, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, that [is] in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8

John 3:36 The one who believes in the Son has eternal life. The one who rejects the Son will not see life, but God's wrath remains on him.

Anyone actively believing, and thereby are obeying Christ’s commands, knows they are elect!

Doug

So, they know things that others who don't believe what they believe won't know?

Back