Do the "elect", "chosen” or “choice” ones of God know who they are?

demonstrate to whom? Read the text slowly... It is not for demonstration purposes... it is so that you shall not fall...
2 Peter 1:10
Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
Salvation is not by works; however, how can you be sure of your calling and election, without the evidence? One of the evidences that you have, in fact, been called (and elected before that), is that your life is characterised, not by sin, but by righteousness.

2 Pet. 1:10 (ESV) Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to confirm your calling and election, for if you practise these qualities you will never fall.

1 John 3:7-9 (EMTV)
7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practises righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.
8 He who practises sin is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. For this reason the Son of God appeared, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
9 No-one who has been born of God practises sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Salvation is not by works; however, how can you be sure of your calling and election, without the evidence? One of the evidences that you have, in fact, been called (and elected before that), is that your life is characterised, not by sin, but by righteousness.

2 Pet. 1:10 (ESV) Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to confirm your calling and election, for if you practise these qualities you will never fall.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practises righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.
8 He who practises sin is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. For this reason the Son of God appeared, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
9 No-one who has been born of God practises sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.
Amen brother !

Salvation is not by works; however, how can you be sure of your calling and election, without the evidence?
Did I not post the passage? You can be sure of your election and calling by following the direction that Peter gave...
One of the evidences that you have, in fact, been called (and elected before that), is that your life is characterised, not by sin, but by righteousness.

If that were the case, then Peter would not have written that passage, sir. That passage is proof that believers can fall. Read it slowly...for if you practise these qualities you will never fall. Peter wrote that to believers.
The message is the same here, it shows that believers sometimes sin. The wages of sin is still death sir. The fact remains that one cannot sin while they are in Christ, therefore they would have been drawn away from Christ to commit a sin. Christ is in the believer but the believer must also be in Christ...know the difference.
2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Did I not post the passage? You can be sure of your election and calling by following the direction that Peter gave...

If that were the case, then Peter would not have written that passage, sir. That passage is proof that believers can fall. Read it slowly...for if you practise these qualities you will never fall. Peter wrote that to believers.

The message is the same here, it shows that believers sometimes sin. The wages of sin is still death sir. The fact remains that one cannot sin while they are in Christ, therefore they would have been drawn away from Christ to commit a sin. Christ is in the believer but the believer must also be in Christ...know the difference.
2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
1) Salvation is by grace, not works

2) Sinless perfection is false teaching (we confess our sins to God and God is faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness).

3) We cannot practise sin, if we have been born again; but, that does not mean that we never sin

2) Sinless perfection is false teaching (we confess our sins to God and God is faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness).

3) We cannot practise sin, if we have been born again; but, that does not mean that we never sin
Well said David !

How do you work out your salvation without works?
I never said anything about sinless perfection. After God has forgiven our sins and cleansed us from all unrighteousness, it is our reasonable duty to abstain from sin. That is what Peter is teaching... 2 Pet. 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
If we don't do as Peter says, we will fall, plain and simple.
Again, I never said we never sin, you keep building strawmen. I said if we sin we are not in Christ. A person who is abiding in Christ cannot sin. A believer who commits a sin is a believer who fell away from Christ... Read it slowly...James 1
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth dea.
This is not rocket science...A person who has sinned cannot be abiding in Christ. So for a person to claim that they have salvation the moment they believe is utter nonsense.

How do you work out your salvation without works?

I never said anything about sinless perfection. After God has forgiven our sins and cleansed us from all unrighteousness, it is our reasonable duty to abstain from sin. That is what Peter is teaching... 2 Pet. 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
If we don't do as Peter says, we will fall, plain and simple.

Again, I never said we never sin, you keep building strawmen. I said if we sin we are not in Christ. A person who is abiding in Christ cannot sin. A believer who commits a sin is a believer who fell away from Christ... Read it slowly...James 1
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth dea.
This is not rocket science...A person who has sinned cannot be abiding in Christ. So for a person to claim that they have salvation the moment they believe is utter nonsense.
Ah, so, if you sin, even once, you are, allegedly, no longer in Christ.

Solomon Grundy, saved on Monday,
lost on Tuesday,
saved on Wednesday,
lost on Thursday,
saved on Friday,
lost on Saturday,
died on Sunday.
That was the end of Solomon Grundy.

David1701 said:
Ah, so, if you sin, even once, you are, allegedly, no longer in Christ.
Are you saying that believers are allowed to sin in Christ? What part of...

I love how these heretics always dodge answering the questions that refute their view.

No, NOBODY is saying that "believers are allowed to sin in Christ".

Now, please ANSWER David's question instead of DODGING it:

"So, if you sin, even once, you are, allegedly, no longer in Christ?"
[_] Yes
[_] No
[_] not sure

Because he is our Priest forever. Do you think salvation stops once your saved in Christ by faith? Sanctification is also part of salvation. Sanctification is a life long process. And salvation is of the Lord.
Believers are not in danger of hellfire.
Romans 8:1,
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Last edited by a moderator:
How often do you "lose your salvation", per day? Remember that every slightly wrong thought, word or deed is sin, as is anything not done in faith.

What happens if you forget to repent of a moment of irritability, or selfishness, or, well, you get the picture?

If you truly believe what you are posting, then you should be TERRIFIED! Your salvation all depends upon your works (and you'd better remember to repent of every tiny sin, immediately, in case you die before you can squeeze it in). How can you possibly know the joy of salvation, when you're not really saved at all, but on an extremely onerous probation?

Yes they are an elite group of sinners , not saints . I started a thread on that topic with many defending themselves proudly as the chief of sinners , not saints who are holy , separate from the world but no different than the world . It’s the elite religious group just like the Pharisees.

Well the Bible does say that “the last shall be first, and the first last, for many are called, and few chosen.” So, is this any surprise? It isn't the unbelievers on the other side that hinder the believers progress, but it is the wolves and false prophets amongst the Body.

They would rather have their own irrational reasoning and unbelief that opposes God's Word and Will. Even after the Bible plainly says a believer is covered by Christ's perfect sacrifice.
Shouldn't this be a sign to believers, that those who disbelieve what the Bible says about Christ's sacrifice, and still think themselves "sinners" should be counted amongst unbelievers rather than saints?

Last edited:
How often do you "lose your salvation", per day? Remember that every slightly wrong thought, word or deed is sin, as is anything not done in faith.

What happens if you forget to repent of a moment of irritability, or selfishness, or, well, you get the picture?

If you truly believe what you are posting, then you should be TERRIFIED! Your salvation all depends upon your works (and you'd better remember to repent of every tiny sin, immediately, in case you die before you can squeeze it in). How can you possibly know the joy of salvation, when you're not really saved at all, but on an extremely onerous probation?
Amen brother!

Are you saying that believers are allowed to sin in Christ? What part of...
James 1
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Do you not understand...?

I suppose that is as good as it gets...If you believe when you sin you are still saved, why would you repent and ask for forgiveness when you sin?

I am saved because I believe that Christ's sacrifice covered me the day I came to know Him. So, I am saved because I believe and not because of sin.

Well thanks for your reply. 🙂
I disagree with you.
If one is truly saved, we are held by the power of God not by our strengths and weaknesses.

I won’t argue this back and forth with you. I understand how you feel about these, I was there once myself. And oh what a 🎢 rollercoaster ride it was.

I’ll leave you with this from Paul,

I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might
Ephesians 1.

I'll only say one thing to this: in the Bible, hope means steadfast confidence for the future; but, you cannot have any confidence for the future, since you think that you could easily lose it all.

Trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, not your own efforts. If you trust in your own works, then you will be with the goats, on judgment day.

Back