Do the "elect", "chosen” or “choice” ones of God know who they are?

I'll only say one thing to this: in the Bible, hope means steadfast confidence for the future; but, you cannot have any confidence for the future, since you think that you could easily lose it all.

Trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, not your own efforts. If you trust in your own works, then you will be with the goats, on judgment day.

To piggy-back on this, Biblical "hope" has no uncertainty to it. That is how it differs from our modern-day idea of "hope".

You "hope" your girlfriend will say yes to your marriage proposal.
You "hope" you will win the lottery.
You "hope" that your boss will give you a raise.

But Biblical hope is for something you have assurance of, but haven't received yet.
Biblical hope would be your lottery numbers being chosen, but you haven't gone down to claim your prize money yet.

To piggy-back on this, Biblical "hope" has no uncertainty to it. That is how it differs from our modern-day idea of "hope".

You "hope" your girlfriend will say yes to your marriage proposal.
You "hope" you will win the lottery.
You "hope" that your boss will give you a raise.

But Biblical hope is for something you have assurance of, but haven't received yet.
Biblical hope would be your lottery numbers being chosen, but you haven't gone down to claim your prize money yet.

I am more inclined to believe that Biblical hope is something believers have already received, because we believe and that believing is our assurance.

I am more inclined to believe that Biblical hope is something believers have already received, because we believe and that believing is our assurance.
yep

Colossians 1:27
To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

1Peter 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1 Peter 3:15
but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,

If you think that you stay saved by being good enough, then you do not trust in Jesus.
How can you stay saved when we shall be saved if we endure to the end? That is, putting the cart before the horse. Jesus gives us the means to attain eternal salvation by abiding in him. If we are already saved, why hope for salvation or trust in Jesus?
Romans 8:24
For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Why are you hoping for something that you already have?
For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

I'll only say one thing to this: in the Bible, hope means steadfast confidence for the future; but, you cannot have any confidence for the future, since you think that you could easily lose it all.
Paul disagrees with you.
Trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, not your own efforts. If you trust in your own works, then you will be with the goats, on judgment day.
Again Paul disagrees with you.
Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Yes, he said be perfect. And you think you can be perfect?
Why would Jesus tell us to be perfect if it is not possible for us to do so?
I believe he said that to show you you can’t. You need to rely on him because you can’t do it.
Jesus said all things are possible concerning these matters...
Matt 19
20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

How can you stay saved when we shall be saved if we endure to the end? That is, putting the cart before the horse. Jesus gives us the means to attain eternal salvation by abiding in him. If we are already saved, why hope for salvation or trust in Jesus?
Salvation is by grace through faith, not of works, lest any man should boast.

Enduring to the end is evidence of salvation, which means that we shall be saved at the end. There are past, present and future elements of salvation: we have been saved, we are saved and we shall be saved; but, they are all elements of the one salvation, which is eternal.

Hope, in the NT, means steadfast confidence for the future, which you can only have if you are already saved.

Paul disagrees with you.

Again Paul disagrees with you.
Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
To cultivate (a more precise translation than "work out") your salvation means that you already have it. You cannot cultivate (or work out) something that you do not have!

Salvation is by grace through faith, not of works, lest any man should boast.

Enduring to the end is evidence of salvation, which means that we shall be saved at the end. There are past, present and future elements of salvation: we have been saved, we are saved and we shall be saved; but, they are all elements of the one salvation, which is eternal.

Hope, in the NT, means steadfast confidence for the future, which you can only have if you are already saved.
Notice it says "through" faith. Faith is not the reason. Grace is

Do the "elect", "chosen” or “choice” ones of God know that they have been “chosen”?

Many are called, but few are chosen.
“So the last shall be first, and the first last, for many are called, and few chosen.” (Matthew 20:16)​
“For many are called, but few are chosen.” (Matthew 22:14)​

The Bible reveals that darkest hours will be shortened for the sake of the “chosen”.

And if those days were not shortened, no flesh would have been saved; but because of the chosen, shall those days be shortened. (Matthew 24:22)​
and if the Lord did not shorten the days, no flesh had been saved; but because of the chosen, whom He did choose to Himself, He did shorten the days. (Mark 13:20)​

The great deception just prior to Jesus Coming will become so great, even the chosen would be deceived if it were possible.

for there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and they shall give great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, also the chosen. (Matthew 24:24)​
for there shall rise false Christs and false prophets, and they shall give signs and wonders, to seduce, if possible, also the chosen; (Mark 13:22)​
Satan targets the elect with “false Christs” and “false prophets,” who come in God’s name. And the deception is complete with signs and wonders designed to fool even God’s chosen in order to “to seduce, if possible”.​

The chosen “shall gather together” just before the outpouring of God's wrath.

and he shall send his messengers with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his chosen from the four winds, from the ends of the heavens unto the ends thereof. (Matthew 24:31)​
and then he shall send his messengers, and gather together his chosen from the four winds, from the end of the earth unto the end of heaven. (Mark 13:27)​

God will vindicate the chosen.

And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? (Luke 18:7)​

Jesus Christ is the “choice” of God.

Wherefore, also, it is contained in the Writing: `Lo, I lay in Zion a chief corner-stone, choice, precious, and he who is believing on him may not be put to shame;' (1 Peter 2:6)​

The Bible refers to Jesus as “choice.” He is our example and provides the pattern for knowing God.​

Who can bring a charge against God's chosen.

Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. (Romans 8:33)​

God's chosen will rest in the knowledge that their faith in Jesus has redeemed them from eternal damnation, regardless of what men think or say.​

Paul's ministry to the chosen.

because of this all things do I endure, because of the choice ones, that they also salvation may obtain that [is] in Christ Jesus, with glory age-during. (2 Timothy 2:10)​
Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; (Titus 1:1)​

The “Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father”.

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. (1 Peter 1:1,2)​
All who have been chosen by God have been foreknown by Him and have been sanctified by the power of God’s Spirit.​

A chosen generation, a royal priesthood” that “should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light”.

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light; Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy. (1 Peter 2:9,10)​

The chosen will with Christ Jesus defeat those who “make war with the Lamb”.

These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful. (Revelation 17:14)​
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth. (Eph. 1:3–10)​
People who make an intellectual or emotional choice to "be a Christian" have no conviction, nor assurance.
They remain lost, being obedient to self and self will.

When God reveals Himself to an individual, God convicts and cuts to the heart. What should I do now is the cry of the heart.
God leads those who He enables to understand the gospel to repentance and to a baptism through obedience. They know, that they know, that they are for they are indwelt by God and become obedient to his leading.

People who make an intellectual or emotional choice to "be a Christian" have no conviction, nor assurance.
They remain lost, being obedient to self and self will.

When God reveals Himself to an individual, God convicts and cuts to the heart. What should I do now is the cry of the heart.
God leads those who He enables to understand the gospel to repentance and to a baptism through obedience. They know, that they know, that they are for they are indwelt by God and become obedient to his leading.

The Scriptures teach that the "Word of God" does what you claim only happens to a few.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Who are those on whom God has chosen to have mercy and compassion?
Well those whom He chooses to save.

Those whom He did not choose all complain and shout, INJUSTICE!
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means!

So why not point out the injustice you find in God and God's word.

Who are those whom God chooses to save?
They are called "the elect"; however, it is not "chooses" to save; it is "chose" to save (before the foundation of the world). They are hell-deserving unbelievers upon whom God chose set his intimate, favourable knowledge, in advance; he predestined these individuals to salvation, by his grace, through the faith that he would give them, on the basis of the cross and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.

They are called "the elect"; however, it is not "chooses" to save; it is "chose" to save (before the foundation of the world). They are hell-deserving unbelievers upon whom God chose set his intimate, favourable knowledge, in advance; he predestined these individuals to salvation, by his grace, through the faith that he would give them, on the basis of the cross and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.
God's word states:
1Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Back