Do the SDAs teach that observing the Sabbath on Saturday

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV 1Pt 4:8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
AV Jb 1:9 Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

Have you heard of my friend Job, and what Satan did to him ???
1 Corinthians 16,1: Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
I've just presented you with a Scripture that says two separate cities were ORDERED to bring their collection with them on the day they assembled themselves together - that day was Sunday. Just deal with it.
"to the churches of Galatia", Local Church government, Just like what SDAs do, Local Church government.

If GOD wants to punish this as a sin, please state the law that qualifies it as sin ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

MMDAN

So, do the SDA believe it is a sin to worship on Sunday, not Saturday?
SDA's teach that near the end of time the "mark of the best" of Revelation 14 will be placed upon those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday. It's a salvation issue for them.

SDAchristian

SDA's teach that near the end of time the "mark of the best" of Revelation 14 will be placed upon those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday. It's a salvation issue for them.
AV Re 13:7-9 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. 8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. 9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

It's salvific for everyone, at that time !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael

pythons

Prologue:
AV 1Pt 4:8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
AV Jb 1:9 Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

Have you heard of my friend Job, and what Satan did to him ???

"to the churches of Galatia", Local Church government, Just like what SDAs do, Local Church government.

If GOD wants to punish this as a sin, please state the law that qualifies it as sin ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

So the Christians in Galatia get a pass from the "mark of the beast" because local church government back in Paul's day ordered Church on Sunday? Is this what you're saying or is it something else?

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Jn 15:21-23 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin. 23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
AV Re 13:7-9 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. 8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship{G4352 proskuneo} him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. 9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
It's salvific for everyone, at that time !!!
Rev13:7-9 says nothing about Sunday or Sabbath worship.
Depends if someone has help from the Comforter !!!
This is not a new idea !!! said:
The more valuable something is, the more likely it is to be counterfeited. This explains why fake Rolex watches, fake Gucci handbags, and fake Jordan sneakers, along with counterfeit currency, are so proliferous. God creates, Satan counterfeits. This simple clue helps unlock a lot of the Bible. Satan is the counterfeit of God. Demons are the counterfeit of angels. The world is the counterfeit of the Kingdom.
So I ask, What does "worship" include, that can be counterfeited, when compared to the original ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Last edited:

SDAchristian

1 Corinthians 16,1: Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

Scripture also classified the failure of Christians to "assemble themselves together" AS A SIN.

Hebrews 10, 24: And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
So the Christians in Galatia get a pass from the "mark of the beast" because local church government back in Paul's day ordered Church on Sunday? Is this what you're saying or is it something else?
Paul ordered a collection so that "that there be no gatherings when I come", are we clear on what your eisegesis is ???

"because local church government back in Paul's day ordered Church on Sunday?", Okay I need to be blunt then, Your eisegesis is, you are reading in a worship assembly/"gatherings", a play on Paul's words for "the collection for the saints".

Yours in Christ, Michael

pythons

Paul ordered a collection so that "that there be no gatherings when I come", are we clear on what your eisegesis is ???

"because local church government back in Paul's day ordered Church on Sunday?", Okay I need to be blunt then, Your eisegesis is, you are reading in a worship assembly/"gatherings", a play on Paul's words for "the collection for the saints".

Yours in Christ, Michael

Yeah, clear here.

When the SDA Church you attend has a guest speaker show up its fairly logical to assume they will be there on the same day everyone else will be there. In the case of the Scripture we're discussing THAT WOULD BE SUNDAY.

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV 1C 12:12-14 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also [is] Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For the body is not one member, but many.
AV Eph 4:2-7 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all. 7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

It is not strange, that we can not find a divided Jesus ???
When the SDA Church you attend has a guest speaker show up its fairly logical to assume they will be there on the same day everyone else will be there. In the case of the Scripture we're discussing THAT WOULD BE SUNDAY.
AV Ac 13:42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

Does not fit the circumstances, when the Jews are gone, why ask for a message on sabbath from Paul, who would have corrected them. Right ???

So when did first/sun day keeping start, seeing GOD started sabbath observance ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Seeker

Prologue:
AV Jn 15:21-23 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin. 23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

Depends if someone has help from the Comforter !!!

So I ask, What does "worship" include, that can be counterfeited, when compared to the original ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
And once again Michael who goes by SDA Christian....the passage says nothing of any type of sabbath or Sunday or any worship at all. Your out of context proof texting is proving nothing.

Bonnie

Prologue:
AV 1C 12:12-14 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also [is] Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For the body is not one member, but many.
AV Eph 4:2-7 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all. 7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

It is not strange, that we can not find a divided Jesus ???

AV Ac 13:42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

Does not fit the circumstances, when the Jews are gone, why ask for a message on sabbath from Paul, who would have corrected them. Right ???

So when did first/sun day keeping start, seeing GOD started sabbath observance ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
How is gathering to worship God in Christ Jesus on the day of the week Jesus rose from the dead on a sin? Does God care when we gather corporeally to worship Him? Is it a sin to do so on one day, but not another?

pythons

Colossians and Romans 14 say plenty. :)

At some point it has to be recognized that at height of the Millerite frenzy "Bible Christians" reached out to the Millerites and said the problem they had with its message was that man KNEW the day that Jesus' 2nd coming was going to be on. Ellen White rebuked those Christians and said they hated Jesus.

Therefore, appealing to Scripture in reasoning with SDA's is meaningless...
...As their Prophet left instructions that IF those Scriptures contradict SDA Doctrine.
....The Scripture is to be reinterpreted so that it aligns with SDA Doctrine.

ELLEN WHITE
We are not to receive
the words of those who come with a message that contradicts the special points of our faith. They gather together a mass of Scripture, and pile it as proof around their asserted theories. This has been done over and over again during the past fifty years. And while the Scriptures are God's word, and are to be respected, the application of them, if such application moves one pillar from the foundation that God has sustained these fifty years, is a great mistake. He who makes such an application knows not the wonderful demonstration of the Holy Spirit that gave power and force to the past messages that have come to the people of God. {1SM 161.2}

Remember, the clear meaning is provided by the Spirit of Prophecy...
...NOT the muddy words of God's penmen.

Ellen White
The Bible is written by inspired men, but it is not God's mode of thought and expression. It is that of humanity. God, as a writer, is not represented. Men will often say such an expression is not like God. But God has not put Himself in words, in logic, in rhetoric, on trial in the Bible. The writers of the Bible were God's penmen, not His pen." (Selected Messages, Vol. 1, Chapter One "The Inspiration of the Prophetic Writers")

Ellen White's OTHER NAME within the Seventh-day Adventist Church is "The Pen Of Inspiration".

SDAchristian

Prologue:
Tough questions, deserve tough answers.

I admit these are SDA answers, another case of plagiarism ??? But it's up to us to determine, if they are GOD's answers first !!!
How is gathering to worship God in Christ Jesus on the day of the week Jesus rose from the dead on a sin?
AV Jn 3:5-7 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Many use it to replace adult believer's baptism(Like Jesus'). Worshiping on Sunday does NOT replace having been "born of the Spirit is spirit" per Jesus' warning.

Please tell me, baptism represents what in a Christian's Life ???

AV Mt 3:15-16 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer [it to be so] now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

So you think Jesus needed baptism for the sake of baptism for Himself, or give to others as righteousness, because of John 3 ???
How do we understand, how the thief on the cross next to Jesus, will be in heaven with us ???

After Jesus' baptism, was Jesus born of the Spirit too ??? Then what day did Jesus do corporate worship, if Jesus was indeed a true Christian then ???
Does God care when we gather corporeally to worship Him?
Yes and No !!!

AV 2Pt 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
AV Re 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

When forced onto others, YES, it's forced bondage found only in the hand !!! This breaks GOD's free will gift to all of us in "liberty".

Check question: Can a man force another man to be saved ??? So why try ???
Does God care when we gather corporeally to worship Him?
AV Lk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

It was important enough for Jesus "to fulfil all righteousness" in corporate worship, after baptism, in the Spirit, as our example ???
Is it a sin to do so on one day, but not another?
Read the whole Fourth commandment, as written with the Finger of GOD, and decide how serious GOD was in writing it ???

GOD gave the judgment, for picking up sticks on sabbath, the church asked GOD what to do, Right ???

Jesus has sabbath righteousness in corporate worship, to give to others, when they repent.

AV Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:

Jesus has sabbath righteousness in corporate worship, so you want to trade that for a counterfeit sabbath, in "speaking [thine own] words" ???

Just for the books in heaven, I believe the Holy Spirit helped you, to ask these questions.

AV 1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

It is now your free will gift from GOD in liberty, to choose for yourself Jesus' example or not, with understanding GOD completely.

I did my best to show you, Jesus as GOD, the man, from the Bible.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Bonnie

Prologue:
Tough questions, deserve tough answers.

I admit these are SDA answers, another case of plagiarism ??? But it's up to us to determine, if they are GOD's answers first !!!

AV Jn 3:5-7 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Many use it to replace adult believer's baptism(Like Jesus'). Worshiping on Sunday does NOT replace having been "born of the Spirit is spirit" per Jesus' warning.

Please tell me, baptism represents what in a Christian's Life ???

AV Mt 3:15-16 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer [it to be so] now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

So you think Jesus needed baptism for the sake of baptism for Himself, or give to others as righteousness, because of John 3 ???
How do we understand, how the thief on the cross next to Jesus, will be in heaven with us ???

After Jesus' baptism, was Jesus born of the Spirit too ??? Then what day did Jesus do corporate worship, if Jesus was indeed a true Christian then ???

Yes and No !!!

AV 2Pt 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
AV Re 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

When forced onto others, YES, it's forced bondage found only in the hand !!! This breaks GOD's free will gift to all of us in "liberty".

Check question: Can a man force another man to be saved ??? So why try ???

AV Lk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

It was important enough for Jesus "to fulfil all righteousness" in corporate worship, after baptism, in the Spirit, as our example ???

Read the whole Fourth commandment, as written with the Finger of GOD, and decide how serious GOD was in writing it ???

GOD gave the judgment, for picking up sticks on sabbath, the church asked GOD what to do, Right ???

Jesus has sabbath righteousness in corporate worship, to give to others, when they repent.

AV Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:

Jesus has sabbath righteousness in corporate worship, so you want to trade that for a counterfeit sabbath, in "speaking [thine own] words" ???

Just for the books in heaven, I believe the Holy Spirit helped you, to ask these questions.

AV 1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

It is now your free will gift from GOD in liberty, to choose for yourself Jesus' example or not, with understanding GOD completely.

I did my best to show you, Jesus as GOD, the man, from the Bible.

Yours in Christ, Michael
I said nothing about forcing anyone. But is it a sin to gather together willingly as a church to worship God in Christ Jesus, singing praises, hearing the word preached, and praying, on the first day of the week? Yes or no? Please, I don't need a 2 hour answer to a 2 minute question! :)

SDAchristian

I have listed some support details, which I know that GOD will hold you accountable to. But for a quick answer, jump to the large type below.
Prologue:
AV 1C 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.
AV Jn 16:7-15 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. 12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.
AV Jer 17:9-10 The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it? 10 I the LORD search the heart, [ I] try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, [and] according to the fruit of his doings.
AV 1C 3:13-17 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are.

As long as, there is time left in salvation history, before "If any man's work shall be burned ...".
I said nothing about forcing anyone. But is it a sin to gather together willingly as a church to worship God in Christ Jesus, singing praises, hearing the word preached, and praying, on the first day of the week? Yes or no? Please, I don't need a 2 hour answer to a 2 minute question! :)
AV Ja 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth [it] not, to him it is sin.
AV Ac 17:30-31 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by [that] man whom he hath ordained; [whereof] he hath given assurance unto all [men], in that he hath raised him from the dead.

As long as, your heart is pure before GOD, the Mark of the Beast does NOT go into affect, until a World Wide Sunday Law of men goes into affect, to go against GOD's sabbath law, because it is a end of time prophecy. Midnight starts at the fulfillment of the mark of the beast in the laws of men. Which midnight is coming quickly. Bonus: These stimulus checks are buying time before the end, to keep us distracted, because "they" are not quite ready to implement yet.

Disclaimer: It is not my job, to evaluate your salvation in Jesus. It is my job, to warn of any unrepented sin, that will get anyone blotted out from The Book of Life.

"But is it a sin to gather together willingly as a church to worship God in Christ Jesus, singing praises, hearing the word preached, and praying, on the first day of the week? Yes or no?", The temporary answer, at this time is, No to those that are ignorant.

For everyone who truly does not love, return to your regular programming for the end times.

AV Mt 25:6-12 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9 But the wise answered, saying, [Not so]; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. 11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. 12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Moral of the parable: The best time to get oil is before midnight. Do you know the, who, what, when, where and why of midnight is, that Jesus is warning us about ???

AV Re 22:15 For without [are] dogs{Though it's the Greek for arf, arf puppy, we need to read it as slang.}, and sorcerers{G5333 pharmakos}, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. <<< All items in Jesus' list refer to humans.

Symptoms of Midnight:
Seriously, are we prepared for the spiritual stink of debating the implementation of Sunday Laws around the world. Then when many that will not comply like Mordecai, who chose to not obey the laws of men, to worship GOD alone. No one is left in the middle here, so Choose wisely !!! One sign is being cashless(No one will pick up a hundred dollar bill off the ground then. Bad for the drug{G5333 pharmakos} dealer business too.), though I would imagine that bartering would be more wide spread.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Bonnie

I have listed some support details, which I know that GOD will hold you accountable to. But for a quick answer, jump to the large type below.
Prologue:
AV 1C 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.
AV Jn 16:7-15 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. 12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.
AV Jer 17:9-10 The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it? 10 I the LORD search the heart, [ I] try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, [and] according to the fruit of his doings.
AV 1C 3:13-17 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are.

As long as, there is time left in salvation history, before "If any man's work shall be burned ...".

AV Ja 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth [it] not, to him it is sin.
AV Ac 17:30-31 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by [that] man whom he hath ordained; [whereof] he hath given assurance unto all [men], in that he hath raised him from the dead.

As long as, your heart is pure before GOD, the Mark of the Beast does NOT go into affect, until a World Wide Sunday Law of men goes into affect, to go against GOD's sabbath law, because it is a end of time prophecy. Midnight starts at the fulfillment of the mark of the beast in the laws of men. Which midnight is coming quickly. Bonus: These stimulus checks are buying time before the end, to keep us distracted, because "they" are not quite ready to implement yet.

Disclaimer: It is not my job, to evaluate your salvation in Jesus. It is my job, to warn of any unrepented sin, that will get anyone blotted out from The Book of Life.

"But is it a sin to gather together willingly as a church to worship God in Christ Jesus, singing praises, hearing the word preached, and praying, on the first day of the week? Yes or no?", The temporary answer, at this time is, No to those that are ignorant.

For everyone who truly does not love, return to your regular programming for the end times.

AV Mt 25:6-12 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9 But the wise answered, saying, [Not so]; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. 11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. 12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Moral of the parable: The best time to get oil is before midnight. Do you know the, who, what, when, where and why of midnight is, that Jesus is warning us about ???

AV Re 22:15 For without [are] dogs{Though it's the Greek for arf, arf puppy, we need to read it as slang.}, and sorcerers{G5333 pharmakos}, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. <<< All items in Jesus' list refer to humans.

Symptoms of Midnight:
Seriously, are we prepared for the spiritual stink of debating the implementation of Sunday Laws around the world. Then when many that will not comply like Mordecai, who chose to not obey the laws of men, to worship GOD alone. No one is left in the middle here, so Choose wisely !!! One sign is being cashless(No one will pick up a hundred dollar bill off the ground then. Bad for the drug{G5333 pharmakos} dealer business too.), though I would imagine that bartering would be more wide spread.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Ah, a 2 hour answer to a 2 minute question.... I still don't see anything in your Bible quotes that say it is wrong to gather on Sunday to pray, praise, and give thanks to God or Father in Christ Jesus our Lord, and to hear the word of God preached....why should God care what day of the week we worship Him on, so long as we DO worship Him?

SDAchristian

Ah, a 2 hour answer to a 2 minute question.... I still don't see anything in your Bible quotes that say it is wrong to gather on Sunday to pray, praise, and give thanks to God or Father in Christ Jesus our Lord, and to hear the word of God preached....why should God care what day of the week we worship Him on, so long as we DO worship Him?
AV Hb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 [It is] a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Examine these scripture, ask for help from "the Spirit of grace", and decide for yourself.
Four Stages of Sunday Law (EGW References available) said:
1. Refrain From Working on Sunday.
2. Honor Sunday, but can still worship on Sabbath.
3. Cannot worship on Sabbath, Only Sunday; Fines and Imprisonment imposed.
4. Death Penalty those who worship on Sabbath and disregard Sunday.
From Norman McNulty, M.D. presentation.
None of these steps have been committed to the laws of men, yet. Each step here is step closer to outright sin in blasphemy to GOD's authority.

Look at the list and decide, to go all the way with the beast, or GOD, your choice still.

AV Mt 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven.

All it takes, is an honest loving heart asking GOD, to fully commit like Jesus did.

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

At some point it has to be recognized that at height of the Millerite frenzy "Bible Christians" reached out to the Millerites and said the problem they had with its message was that man KNEW the day that Jesus' 2nd coming was going to be on. Ellen White rebuked those Christians and said they hated Jesus.
Therefore, appealing to Scripture in reasoning with SDA's is meaningless...
...As their Prophet left instructions that IF those Scriptures contradict SDA Doctrine.
....The Scripture is to be reinterpreted so that it aligns with SDA Doctrine.
ELLEN WHITE
We are not to receive
the words of those who come with a message that contradicts the special points of our faith. They gather together a mass of Scripture, and pile it as proof around their asserted theories. This has been done over and over again during the past fifty years. And while the Scriptures are God's word, and are to be respected, the application of them, if such application moves one pillar from the foundation that God has sustained these fifty years, is a great mistake. He who makes such an application knows not the wonderful demonstration of the Holy Spirit that gave power and force to the past messages that have come to the people of God. {1SM 161.2}
Remember, the clear meaning is provided by the Spirit of Prophecy...
...NOT the muddy words of God's penmen.
Ellen White
The Bible is written by inspired men, but it is not God's mode of thought and expression. It is that of humanity. God, as a writer, is not represented. Men will often say such an expression is not like God. But God has not put Himself in words, in logic, in rhetoric, on trial in the Bible. The writers of the Bible were God's penmen, not His pen." (Selected Messages, Vol. 1, Chapter One "The Inspiration of the Prophetic Writers")

Ellen White's OTHER NAME within the Seventh-day Adventist Church is "The Pen Of Inspiration".
This true of first/sun day keeping too. I get it, I am wrong until fulfillment of the the Sunday Law, and the Death Decree shortly thereafter.

AV Mt 7:13-15 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. 15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Compared to sabbath keepers, sunday keepers are going through the wider gate.

The ONLY time GOD had the majority is when a third of the angel fell were kicked out.

Yours in Christ, Michael