Do the SDAs teach that observing the Sabbath on Saturday

pythons

This true of first/sun day keeping too. I get it, I am wrong until fulfillment of the the Sunday Law, and the Death Decree shortly thereafter.

AV Mt 7:13-15 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. 15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Compared to sabbath keepers, sunday keepers are going through the wider gate.

The ONLY time GOD had the majority is when a third of the angel fell were kicked out.

Yours in Christ, Michael

In all Christian charity and love I want you to know that IF the Roman Catholic Church said that everyone in the world had to go to Church on Sunday (to include Jew's, Muslims & of course SDA's) and that there would be a civil / criminal penalty for not complying I would have to re-think some of what you have been saying.

This simply won't happen my friend. If anything Christianity in general is loosing ground, people are leaving the churches in droves and only hard core folks like ourselves spend time on internet discussion forums discussing religious topics that the masses could care less about. The average joe could care less what the Pope says, could care less what you think about the Sabbath and probably couldn't define the Papacy or the Sabbath is their life depended on it. They simply don't care and have no interest to know.

MMDAN

AV Mt 7:13-15 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. 15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Compared to sabbath keepers, sunday keepers are going through the wider gate.
Are you saying that sabbath keeping is how we enter through the strait gate and worshiping God on Sunday instead of Saturday is the broad way that leads to destruction? Are you condemning Sunday keepers?

Bonnie

It depends on the context(time being one issue) of the question is, and the understanding between the individuals in discussion.

But we should make GOD's Point Of View in Truth, a priority !!!

AV Mt 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.

GOD's judgment is based on reading hearts. Something which man can not do.

This is too sad !!!

AV 1C 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

Baptism(Romans 6) IS the Bible way to celebrate Jesus' death, burial and resurrection. No Sunday rituals involved. On top of that, resurrection is celebrated as a passover, once a year.

AV 1C 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

I hope the light of this verse shines brightly into everyone's soul.

Yours in Christ, Michael
But this doesn't answer my question in the OP. My church does indeed recognize the Lord's body and blood in, with, and under the bread and wine at Communion, while the Elements remain also bread and wine. But this is about the Lord's Supper, not gathering to worship on Sunday instead of Saturday. But neither Communion nor Baptism is a "Sunday ritual." They can be done any day of the week when we gather to worship, or even in one's home. I was baptized by our Lutheran minister when I was 9, right in our own home. My husband gave Holy Communion to his own parents at their house, when his father's illness prevented him from attending church.

We do not celebrate the day of the week when we meet on Sundays to worship, but we celebrate Christ Jesus and Him crucified for sinners and raised for our justification. If we celebrate the day of the week at all, it is as a sort of "mini Resurrection Sunday" since Jesus did rise from the dead on the first day of the week.

I don't think God cares when we gather to worship Him through Jesus Christ our Lord, as long as we DO gather to worship. As per Hebrews 4, Jesus is our permanent "sabbath rest" because we rest spiritually in Him 24/7.

Bonnie

I have listed some support details, which I know that GOD will hold you accountable to. But for a quick answer, jump to the large type below.
Prologue:
AV 1C 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.
AV Jn 16:7-15 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. 12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.
AV Jer 17:9-10 The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it? 10 I the LORD search the heart, [ I] try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, [and] according to the fruit of his doings.
AV 1C 3:13-17 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are.

As long as, there is time left in salvation history, before "If any man's work shall be burned ...".

AV Ja 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth [it] not, to him it is sin.
AV Ac 17:30-31 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by [that] man whom he hath ordained; [whereof] he hath given assurance unto all [men], in that he hath raised him from the dead.

As long as, your heart is pure before GOD, the Mark of the Beast does NOT go into affect, until a World Wide Sunday Law of men goes into affect, to go against GOD's sabbath law, because it is a end of time prophecy. Midnight starts at the fulfillment of the mark of the beast in the laws of men. Which midnight is coming quickly. Bonus: These stimulus checks are buying time before the end, to keep us distracted, because "they" are not quite ready to implement yet.

Disclaimer: It is not my job, to evaluate your salvation in Jesus. It is my job, to warn of any unrepented sin, that will get anyone blotted out from The Book of Life.

"But is it a sin to gather together willingly as a church to worship God in Christ Jesus, singing praises, hearing the word preached, and praying, on the first day of the week? Yes or no?", The temporary answer, at this time is, No to those that are ignorant.

For everyone who truly does not love, return to your regular programming for the end times.

AV Mt 25:6-12 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9 But the wise answered, saying, [Not so]; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. 11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. 12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Moral of the parable: The best time to get oil is before midnight. Do you know the, who, what, when, where and why of midnight is, that Jesus is warning us about ???

AV Re 22:15 For without [are] dogs{Though it's the Greek for arf, arf puppy, we need to read it as slang.}, and sorcerers{G5333 pharmakos}, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. <<< All items in Jesus' list refer to humans.

Symptoms of Midnight:
Seriously, are we prepared for the spiritual stink of debating the implementation of Sunday Laws around the world. Then when many that will not comply like Mordecai, who chose to not obey the laws of men, to worship GOD alone. No one is left in the middle here, so Choose wisely !!! One sign is being cashless(No one will pick up a hundred dollar bill off the ground then. Bad for the drug{G5333 pharmakos} dealer business too.), though I would imagine that bartering would be more wide spread.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Still do not see what all you quoted says it is a sin to gather to worship on Sunday. I understand the quotes, but they do not seem relevant to the OP.

And how are praying to God, praising Him in Christ Jesus, and singing hymns to Him "works of man"? Does doing so make us dogs and sorcerers?

I
I am not worried about the end times. I am in Christ Jesus and He is in me, by grace through faith in Him and His finished work on the cross. And we can gather to worship Him any day of the week we wish to. For He has promised that wherever 2 or 3 are gathered in His Name, He is there in their midst.

Bonnie

Are you saying that sabbath keeping is how we enter through the strait gate and worshiping God on Sunday instead of Saturday is the broad way that leads to destruction? Are you condemning Sunday keepers?
I would be against any law forcing people to gather to worship ONLY on Sunday. But there is no such law. However,0 we have Christian freedom to choose any day we would like on which to gather to worship God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Our TRUE sabbath rest is Jesus Christ, for in Him we rest spiritually 24/7, 365.

SDAchristian

Prologue:
In all Christian charity and love I want you to know that IF the Roman Catholic Church said that everyone in the world had to go to Church on Sunday (to include Jew's, Muslims & of course SDA's) and that there would be a civil / criminal penalty for not complying I would have to re-think some of what you have been saying.
AV Jn 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

I know this day is coming. When it becomes sight and sound to your senses, the great spiritual cognitive dissonance begins, and ends with the Sunday Law Death Decree, as the close of probation for all for who can not decidedly decide for Christ.
This simply won't happen my friend. If anything Christianity in general is loosing ground, people are leaving the churches in droves and only hard core folks like ourselves spend time on internet discussion forums discussing religious topics that the masses could care less about. The average joe could care less what the Pope says, could care less what you think about the Sabbath and probably couldn't define the Papacy or the Sabbath is their life depended on it. They simply don't care and have no interest to know.
AV Eph 6:12-13 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

In this war that Paul knew about, "the whole armour of God" is required. Technically you and I are laity in the minds of "spiritual wickedness in high [places]". And therefore not privy to their plans, just realize GOD knows already.

"ye may be able to withstand in the evil day", is not here yet.

AV Hab 2:2-4 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make [it] plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. 3 For the vision [is] yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Behold, his soul [which] is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

Both of us, can not be GOD's messengers, I have the patient for the prophecy to reveal itself.

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

I would be against any law forcing people to gather to worship ONLY on Sunday. But there is no such law. However,0 we have Christian freedom to choose any day we would like on which to gather to worship God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Our TRUE sabbath rest is Jesus Christ, for in Him we rest spiritually 24/7, 365.
AV Jn 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

I know this day is coming. When it becomes sight and sound to your senses, the great spiritual cognitive dissonance begins, and ends with the Sunday Law Death Decree, as the close of probation for all for who can not decidedly decide for Christ.

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Does doing so make us dogs and sorcerers?
Greek slang for dog, are homosexuals. The sorcerers(Greek root word for pharmacy) are for drug dealers. Primarily illegal kind. But, In this day of greed, some of the Pharmacy Companies is all about profit at another person's medical distress. They have the government make laws to promote their products over natural remedies, for their profit.
Still do not see what all you quoted says it is a sin to gather to worship on Sunday. I understand the quotes, but they do not seem relevant to the OP.
And how are praying to God, praising Him in Christ Jesus, and singing hymns to Him "works of man"?
AV Jn 3:20 For every one that doeth evil{G5337 phaulos} hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
AV Jn 5:28-29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil{G5337 phaulos}, unto the resurrection of damnation.

If you want to argue about works, start with Jesus associating them to a resurrection. So can you give examples of Jesus thinking from here ???
I am not worried about the end times.
AV Re 18:3-5 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities{G92 adikema}.

At this time, it will be abundantly clear, who "her" is, and what "her sins"/"her iniquities{G92 adikema}" are, by those who listen to the Holy Spirit.
I am in Christ Jesus and He is in me, by grace through faith in Him and His finished work on the cross.
AV Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

As long as you realize weekly(once a week like sabbath) Sunday Keeping is works, NOT FOUND IN JESUS' BLOOD.

AV Mt 3:15-16 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer [it to be so] now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Jesus had a water baptism and a Spirit baptism, representing Jesus' future death, burial and resurrection, as "to fulfil all righteousness". What more do we need from Jesus' blood ???

Check question: How do you think the thief on the cross was saved, not having either then ???
And we can gather to worship Him any day of the week we wish to. For He has promised that wherever 2 or 3 are gathered in His Name, He is there in their midst.
AV Lk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

There is personal worship and corporate worship. Jesus' blood has corporate worship on sabbath in it. Jesus' blood saves, Right ???

AV Mt 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.

Find a commandment of GOD for a change of rest worship, from sabbath(Which is in Jesus' blood.) to Sunday(Which is NOT in Jesus' blood.) ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

pythons

And how are praying to God, praising Him in Christ Jesus, and singing hymns to Him "works of man"? Does doing so make us dogs and sorcerers?

I
I am not worried about the end times. I am in Christ Jesus and He is in me, by grace through faith in Him and His finished work on the cross. And we can gather to worship Him any day of the week we wish to. For He has promised that wherever 2 or 3 are gathered in His Name, He is there in their midst.

This may add some context to where the SDA's are getting the Luciferian connection to gathering on Sunday....
...The below quotes are representative of the SDA impetus on the Sabbath.
....Notice the TENSE is present & not future.

These statements were generated at the height of the anti-Trinitarian period within the SDA Church.

Here we find the mark of the beast. The very act of changing the Sabbath into Sunday, on the part of the Catholic church, without any authority from the Bible.” (Ellen G. White, The Mark of the Beast, page 23).

The Sunday Sabbath is purely a child of the Papacy. It is the mark of the beast.” (Advent Review, Vol. I, No. 2, August, 1850).

The change of the Sabbath is the sign or mark of the authority of the Romish church.” ... “The keeping of the counterfeit Sabbath is the reception of the mark.” (Ellen G. White, Great Controversy, Vol. 4, page 281).

Ellen White
It means eternal salvation TO keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord.God says: "Them that honor Me I will honor." 1 Samuel 2:30. {6T 356.4}

Ellen White
But if we turn aside from the fourth commandment, so positively given by God, to adopt the inventions of Satan, voiced and acted by men under his control, we cannot be saved
. We cannot with safety receive his traditions and subtleties as truth. {RH, July 6, 1897 par. 4}

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Ga 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught [it], but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
This may add some context to where the SDA's are getting the Luciferian connection to gathering on Sunday....
...The below quotes are representative of the SDA impetus on the Sabbath.
....Notice the TENSE is present & not future.
These statements were generated at the height of the anti-Trinitarian period within the SDA Church.
Here we find the mark of the beast. The very act of changing the Sabbath into Sunday, on the part of the Catholic church, without any authority from the Bible.” (Ellen G. White, The Mark of the Beast, page 23).
The Sunday Sabbath is purely a child of the Papacy. It is the mark of the beast.” (Advent Review, Vol. I, No. 2, August, 1850).
The change of the Sabbath is the sign or mark of the authority of the Romish church.” ... “The keeping of the counterfeit Sabbath is the reception of the mark.” (Ellen G. White, Great Controversy, Vol. 4, page 281).

Ellen White
It means eternal salvation TO keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord.God says: "Them that honor Me I will honor." 1 Samuel 2:30. {6T 356.4}
Ellen White
But if we turn aside from the fourth commandment, so positively given by God, to adopt the inventions of Satan, voiced and acted by men under his control, we cannot be saved
. We cannot with safety receive his traditions and subtleties as truth. {RH, July 6, 1897 par. 4}
Thank you again for your research !!! Of course, your assumption is wrong here. Especially when the beast martyrs saints and prophets for it's authority in doctrines.

AV Re 18:3-5 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

GOD's knowledge of "her sins" and "her iniquities", has been for a long time before EGW.

GOD's Truth knows exactly what a lie is, Right ??? When the Sunday Law gets here, I expect you will be an instance believer in accepting the Truth of Jesus' blood !!! Well, I can still hope and pray.

AV Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].

AV 2Th 2:2-12 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth [will let], until he be taken out of the way. 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Paul saw it coming !!! To bad that Paul was not more explicit, but then again, the epistles would not made it this far would they ???

What complements this post is my other post here: <<< Please Click to Review.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Last edited:

Bonnie

Prologue:
AV Ga 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught [it], but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Thank you again for your research !!! Of course, your assumption is wrong here. Especially when the beast martyrs saints and prophets for it's authority in doctrines.

AV Re 18:3-5 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

GOD's knowledge of "her sins" and "her iniquities", has been for a long time before EGW.

GOD's Truth knows exactly what a lie is, Right ??? When the Sunday Law gets here, I expect you will be an instance believer in accepting the Truth of Jesus' blood !!! Well, I can still hope and pray.

AV Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].

AV 2Th 2:2-12 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth [will let], until he be taken out of the way. 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Paul saw it coming !!! To bad that Paul was not more explicit, but then again, the epistles would not made it this far would they ???

What complements this post is my other post here: <<< Please Click to Review.

Yours in Christ, Michael
It was wrong of the early church to FORCE people to worship on Sunday, instead of Saturday...but still, why would it be a sin to worship God in Christ Jesus on any day of the week? Would God look upon us worshiping Him in Christ Jesus our Lord on Sundays with anger and disgust? Would He be like..."Look at all of those Christians down there, worshiping me in the Name of My Son, praising Me, praying to Me, and giving Me thanks, ,on SUNDAY!!! What temerity!"

Would He?

As for support from the Bible for worshiping on any day of the week we wish, there is support from the Bible, as you no doubt know:

Romans 14, NASB:

14 Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions. 2 One person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only. 3 The one who eats is not to regard with contempt the one who does not eat, and the one who does not eat is not to judge the one who eats, for God has accepted him. 4 Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

5 One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God. 7 For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself; 8 for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

And

Colossians 2:

When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, 14 having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him.

16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. 18 Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind, 19 and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.
So, do SDAers ignore these verses?

Christ is the substance, which the Sabbath day foreshadowed. We can gather any day of the week we wish, in which to worship Him and pray to Him and give thanks to Him and praise Him. For in Jesus we find our TRUE and eternal "Sabbath rest."

Remember, the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. And the Sabbath in the Law of Moses was a day of corporate REST, where people were supposed to stay home in their tents/houses and REST. Do no work. It was NOT a day of corporate worship.

Where does Revelation say the "mark of the Beast" is worshiping on Sunday? Or is that what Ellen G. White said?

pythons

Where did the early Church "force Christians to worship on Sunday"? Where do I read about this?

Its not forcing people when a law is made that supports what they are already doing.

Bonnie

Where did the early Church "force Christians to worship on Sunday"? Where do I read about this?

Its not forcing people when a law is made that supports what they are already doing.
Good point. I think Constantine and the church then wanted to do away with anything smacking of Judaism and therefore, did away with Saturday worship, making Sunday worship the norm. But Sunday was still when the early church met mostly to worship corporeally, even before this.

But really, we can meet any day of the week we like to worship God in Christ Jesus with our fellow Christians. After all, it is Jesus Who sanctifies the worship, since He said that wherever two or three are gathered together in His name, He is there in their midst. For JESUS is our true Sabbath rest, for we rest spiritually, 24/7, 365 in HIM. :)

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Mt 13:10-16 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. 13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. 14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: 15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and [their] ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with [their] eyes, and hear with [their] ears, and should understand with [their] heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. 16 But blessed [are] your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
Where does Revelation say the "mark of the Beast" is worshiping on Sunday?
For a person who believes in Biblical literalism, it does not.
Or is that what Ellen G. White said?
The Mark of the Beast as Sunday Worship, predates EGW visions. I have references, if that is a spiritual interest of yours.

Just wait a little while, when Sunday Worshipers make laws of men, to enforce their works beliefs, outside the Blood of Jesus.

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV 1Jn 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
So the Decalogue is about "forcing" now ???

And I thought it had two functions:
1. Identify Righteousness.
AV Ja 1:25-26 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. 26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion [is] vain.

Many have a vain religion. Can we identify that between us ???

2. Identify Sin.
AV Ro 7:6-12 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of the letter. 7 What shall we say then? [Is] the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. 8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin [was] dead. 9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. 10 And the commandment, which [was ordained] to life, I found [to be] unto death. 11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew [me]. 12 Wherefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

So Paul usage of the Decalogue is not valid to identify sin ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Bonnie

Prologue:
AV Mt 13:10-16 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. 13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. 14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: 15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and [their] ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with [their] eyes, and hear with [their] ears, and should understand with [their] heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. 16 But blessed [are] your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

For a person who believes in Biblical literalism, it does not.

I am not always a Biblicsl literalist. It depends upon the context, whether something should be taken literally or figuratively. But I noticed you did not answer my simple question.

The Mark of the Beast as Sunday Worship, predates EGW visions. I have references, if that is a spiritual interest of yours.

The only references I am interested in are ones from the Bible that say the mark of the beast is Sunday worship. God's word has the final authority.

Just wait a little while, when Sunday Worshipers make laws of men, to enforce their works beliefs, outside the Blood of Jesus.

Yours in Christ, Michael

SO, you think we Sunday church goers will make laws FORCING everyone to worship on Sunday, instead of Saturday? How would that happen in the USA since it would violate the religious liberty that this country was founded upon, not to mention the separation of church and state? Plus, though I cannot speak for everyone who worships on Sunday, I would venture to say most of us don't care what day of the week people gather together on, for corporate worship. So long as they DO gather together to worship God in Christ Jesus. Plus, I don't think God cares one iota, either. What IS important IS to gather together to worship. Remember, in the LoM, the Sabbath was NOT a day of corporate worship, but a day to stay HOME and REST.

And what do you mean by WORKS beliefs?

Bonnie

Prologue:
AV 1Jn 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

So the Decalogue is about "forcing" now ???

And I thought it had two functions:
1. Identify Righteousness.
AV Ja 1:25-26 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. 26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion [is] vain.

Many have a vain religion. Can we identify that between us ???

2. Identify Sin.
AV Ro 7:6-12 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of the letter. 7 What shall we say then? [Is] the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. 8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin [was] dead. 9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. 10 And the commandment, which [was ordained] to life, I found [to be] unto death. 11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew [me]. 12 Wherefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

So Paul usage of the Decalogue is not valid to identify sin ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
The Law has 3 functions--to act as a curb, to function as a mirror to show us our sin, and to act as a guide. But none of this has anything to do with worshiping on Sunday instead of Saturday.

SDAchristian

SO, you think we Sunday church goers will make laws FORCING everyone to worship on Sunday, instead of Saturday? How would that happen in the USA since it would violate the religious liberty that this country was founded upon, not to mention the separation of church and state? Plus, though I cannot speak for everyone who worships on Sunday, I would venture to say most of us don't care what day of the week people gather together on, for corporate worship. So long as they DO gather together to worship God in Christ Jesus. Plus, I don't think God cares one iota, either. What IS important IS to gather together to worship. Remember, in the LoM, the Sabbath was NOT a day of corporate worship, but a day to stay HOME and REST.

This is not personal, but spiritual.

AV Mt 25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

Go back to spiritual sleep, Midnight is coming.
And what do you mean by WORKS beliefs?
AV Re 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed [are] the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
AV Jn 5:28-29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
AV 1Jn 3:7-10 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Works does not matter in GOD's salvation decision, is a lie of the devil.

What kind of Works determine REWARDS from GOD. We get to choose what works, we will do.

Yours in Christ, Michael

eternomade

How is gathering to worship God in Christ Jesus on the day of the week Jesus rose from the dead on a sin? Does God care when we gather corporeally to worship Him? Is it a sin to do so on one day, but not another?
I know this is old but I found it interesting. I believe from our interactions in the past you are Lutheran. Forgive me if I am wrong. At least in the Reformed church, we use the "Regulative Principle of Worship", which defines HOW Christians should worship, based on the Bible. You can read more about it here if you are not familiar with it.

On the surface, I agree with it, but in practice it can get legalistic, IMO.

JonHawk

I know this is old but I found it interesting. I believe from our interactions in the past you are Lutheran. Forgive me if I am wrong. At least in the Reformed church, we use the "Regulative Principle of Worship", which defines HOW Christians should worship, based on the Bible. ...

Scripture lays down a general principle: “present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect” (Rom. 12:1–2).​
For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Rom 6

Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, ...but Christ is all and in all. Col 3:11