Do the SDAs teach that observing the Sabbath on Saturday

Pipiripi

I have heard some say yes, while some say no.

I don't think God really cares what day you worship Him. To be honest I think He wants you to worrship Him everyday.

Just like water baptism...if Saturday worship was a requirement for salvation....there would be several chapters talking about it in the bible.
Thinking is not knowing!! Study the Bible!!

Pipiripi

Read this two chapters and verses good!!
Revelation 12:17 and Revelation 14:12. Are you one of them??

Pipiripi

SDA's teach that near the end of time the "mark of the best" of Revelation 14 will be placed upon those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday. It's a salvation issue for them.

It isn't the SDA church teaching. It is Jesus Christ talking to John. Revelation 14:6-12. So which day is the Sabbath day?

JonHawk

The one who has accepted His testimony has certified that God is true. John 3:33

What about Revelation 12:17 and Revelation 14:12?
Remember that the book of Revelation is to reveal the past today, and tomorrow.
Are you one of these person!!
Some will insist that it has to do with the testimony of Jesus.

I am a fellow servant of yours and your brothers and sisters who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. Rev 19:10

11 The Lord swore an oath to David, a sure oath he will not revoke:
One of your own descendants I will place on your throne.
12 If your sons will keep My covenant And My testimony which I will teach them,
Their sons also will sit upon your throne forever.”
13 For the Lord has chosen Zion; He has desired it as His dwelling place. Psalm 132

Coming to Him as to a Living Stone...
See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone,1 Peter 2:4-10

Remember that Jesus Christ, of the seed of David, was raised from the dead according to my gospel; 2 Timothy 2:8

Seeker

Prologue:
AV Re 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

I will address these questions in a ordinal manor. But further questions may need a proper understanding of the discussion before it. I will admit, some our recent discussions in this forum have helped me shape a better response. I tried to keep this brief, but I realize some will not have enough knowledge for this discussion in scripture allusions. Meaning more discussions.

AV Lk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

Part of our discussion will be what the Holy Spirit did say through others. And whether we choose to believe it or not, to reflect it in our own believes.

AV Lk 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

First Question: "...is necessary for salvation?", I find many lose focus on what Salvation really is, in relationship to Our Creator GODhead's 'the everlasting gospel's as part of "his judgment".

AV Hb 10:26-28 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28 He that despised Moses'law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

"the Holy Ghost" gave this definition of Salvation by relating it to, "by the remission of their sins". "the knowledge of the truth" about the knowledge of sins(part of the Holy Spirit's ministry), is part of Salvation, Agree with "the Holy Ghost", or not ??? Does the Decalogue(Authored by GOD's Own Finger, Moses was just a scribe for GOD.) define sin from the GODhead's point of view ??? (This will be expanded later in discussion.)

AV Jn 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

This is where it gets hard("... but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men."), How do we know who has "the Comforter" or not, for this discussion ???

Our first of many discussions will be who gets to define sin ??? And by what authority ???

AV Mt 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Who gets eternal life without confessing sins to Jesus ???

AV 1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Because do we all know, what happens to all sins, Right ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
This said nothing about Sabbath and worship.

Seeker

AV Lk 21:3-4 And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all: 4 For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.

That is a per individual basis. No one compels monetary offerings on Sabbath. Many mail it to the treasurer.

So what is your point, plainly ???

Are all offerings offered by an individual on Sabbath a problem, in your point of view ???

Hey, that's a thought, have Church leaders go house to house on Sunday for collection for the Saints, Biblical Right !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael
All your answers are strawmen. You also pull scripture out of context to answer questions. Typical SDA.

Seeker

What about Revelation 12:17 and Revelation 14:12?
Remember that the book of Revelation is to reveal the past today, and tomorrow.
Are you one of these person!!
Still no sabbath worship in the passages. You are being legalistic now. It says commandments of God. Not commandment.

JonHawk

The Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. John 14

AV Jn 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

This is where it gets hard("... but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men."), How do we know who has "the Comforter" or not, for this discussion ???
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. 1 Corinthians 2:12

Seeker

The Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. John 14

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. 1 Corinthians 2:12
And your point?

JonHawk

JonHawk said:

And your point?
If you had bothered reading Mike's question the point would be clear as day:

Michael:​
"How do we know who has "the Comforter" or not, for this discussion ???"​

Did you receive the Spirit by works or by faith?