Do this simple mask test....

CrowCross

This simple test shows just how bad your required mask leaks.

Take your surgeon mask or material mask and cover the inside with Saran Wrap so no air gets through the fabric.

Put it on and breath.

My prediction is you won't notice a difference.

Authentic Nouveau

Take your surgeon mask or material mask and cover the inside with Saran Wrap so no air gets through the fabric.

Put it on and breath.

Good picture.

I have worn a mask in surgery over 10,000 hours. Every time during a case, like a gangrenous bowel obstruction, burn patient with staph, emergency case where there was no preop enema, the stink goes thru the mask. The particulate matter in the stink is a solid particle larger than a virus.

J regia

Good picture.

I have worn a mask in surgery over 10,000 hours. Every time during a case, like a gangrenous bowel obstruction, burn patient with staph, emergency case where there was no preop enema, the stink goes thru the mask. The particulate matter in the stink is a solid particle larger than a virus.
And that's because the stink wasn't attached to water droplets like the COVID virus when you and Walter Mitty were performing your brain transplants, and because you were wearing a handkerchief instead of a N95 mask.

CrowCross

And that's because the stink wasn't attached to water droplets like the COVID virus when you and Walter Mitty were performing your brain transplants, and because you were wearing a handkerchief instead of a N95 mask.
Did you do the test? Of course you didn't.

Most of the air...including the C-19 that attached itself to the droplets will come in around the edges of your leaky mask.

J regia

Did you do the test? Of course you didn't.

Most of the air...including the C-19 that attached itself to the droplets will come in around the edges of your leaky mask.
Then wear a properly fitted N95 mask instead of a handkerchief, and you too may have zero deaths per day and less than ten new infections per day.

J regia

I'm hoping some people will do the leak test.

I did it with a surgeon mask, fabric mask and a N95. The N95...properly fitted...showed a little difference.
I agree that wearing a handkerchief is just a false sense of security, but perhaps you could use some double-sided tape attached around the edge.

Temujin

Good picture.

Sunshine, if you were a medical professional of any kind you would not be here on an Internet backwater spouting garbage all day. You would be in the community working your nuts off to save lives in the pandemic. Yet another reason why your pathetic claims to medical inside knowledge are discounted.

Put it on and breath.

Masks are not air filters. They act as a barricade so that when you cough or sneeze, it effectively stops the particles from traveling far in the air. Masks are only effective if the other person wears a mask. It's useless if you're the only one wearing a mask and if someone sneezes, the particles can enter the gaps of the mask where you breathe in air.

If you're the only one wearing a mask, the only way I can see to protect yourself is by social distancing, wearing a face shield, a mask, and washing your hands frequently with soap or cleaning it with alcohol. When you get home, take a shower to remove any COVID that might have landed on your skin or hair.

CrowCross

Masks are not air filters. They act as a barricade so that when you cough or sneeze, it effectively stops the particles from traveling far in the air. Masks are only effective if the other person wears a mask. It's useless if you're the only one wearing a mask and if someone sneezes, the particles can enter the gaps of the mask where you breathe in air.

If you're the only one wearing a mask, the only way I can see to protect yourself is by social distancing, wearing a face shield, a mask, and washing your hands frequently with soap or cleaning it with alcohol. When you get home, take a shower to remove any COVID that might have landed on your skin or hair.
If you did the mask test you would learn that they leak pretty bad out the sides and nosebridge...when you sneeze you pressurise them and the sneeze now exits and gets the guy next to you rather than in front of you.

If you did the mask test you would learn that they leak pretty bad out the sides and nosebridge...when you sneeze you pressurise them and the sneeze now exits and gets the guy next to you rather than in front of you.

Like I said, it's not an air filter. That is the reason why everyone has to wear a mask to prevent the particles from traveling far and also minimizing the number of particles that travel through the air as most will get trapped in the mask's fabric.

When you sneeze the "air-jets" will travel upwards from your nose bridge and travel backward from the side of your face. It re-directs the particles from traveling forward, thus effectively protecting the guy near you. However, if the guy without the mask sneezes, it will enter the gaps of your mask and you'll get infected.

You wear a mask not to protect yourself rather to protect the other person from your virus. So, if everyone wears a mask, we are effectively protecting each other.

Harry Leggs

Like I said, it's not an air filter. That is the reason why everyone has to wear a mask to prevent the particles from traveling far and also minimizing the number of particles that travel through the air as most will get trapped in the mask's fabric.
The reason we wear masks is because it is mandated even for children who are healthy and unaffected. Mask wearing is superstition, not science.
When you sneeze the "air-jets" will travel upwards from your nose bridge and travel backward from the side of your face. It re-directs the particles from traveling forward, thus effectively protecting the guy near you. However, if the guy without the mask sneezes, it will enter the gaps of your mask and you'll get infected.
Not if healthy. People have survived without face masks and face mask usage has not prevented anything from happening. The more we wear them the more C-19 spreads according to the news. Face masks are a placebo. What about eyes?
You wear a mask not to protect yourself rather to protect the other person from your virus.
That means we do not have to mandate children from wearing face masks? What about herd immunity? The majority infected are asymptomatic or mild symptoms like cold. Do we mandate face masks for cold outbreaks?
So, if everyone wears a mask, we are effectively protecting each other.
Then why have the numbers not went down? Herd immunity has not been able to take effect. Lockdowns of healthy people including children prevent or delays herd immunity. The body needs exposure to fight it off. It is panic, not science.

Last edited:

CrowCross

They are a filter. I'm not going to even argue that point.

They virus still gets out. Mask or no mask if your in the sneeze cloud...you're going to breath it in.
You wear a mask not to protect yourself rather to protect the other person from your virus. So, if everyone wears a mask, we are effectively protecting each other.
You wear a mask because they are making you.

Did you do the mask test I mentioned in the OP?

CrowCross

Children without masks could pass on the virus even if not affected themselves.
Children with mask could do the same thing. Especially when they suck the virus in through the sides of their loose fitting leaking mask.

Did you do the mask test?

Harry Leggs

Children without masks could pass on the virus even if not affected themselves.
So? If they are not affected and if majority infected are asymptomatic or mild symptoms and if the majority recover from being infected then what is the problem? C-19 is not deadly. Face mask is superstition, not science. What about the negative effects of wearing face masks for extended periods of time?

1606266389085.png

Imposing superstition on children, not science, not education.

Last edited: