Do you agree or disagree with the below statement and what does this statement mean to you?

Tercon

Do you agree or disagree with the below statement and what does this statement mean to you?

'The only way and place that the truth and reality can be known and experienced is in and by a believing mind.' Thanks

Nouveau

It means that knowledge and experience requires a mind. Everyone agrees with that.

What it doesn't say is that existence also requires a mind, which is where you typically get confused.

Tercon

It means that knowledge and experience requires a mind. Everyone agrees with that.

What it doesn't say is that existence also requires a mind, which is where you typically get confused.
Do you know what the word "only" means?
And if it is true that 'the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known and experienced is in and by a believing mind' and you disagree "that existence also requires a mind", then it should be easy for you to name that other way or place outside of a believing mind that the truth, reality and existence itself can be experienced and known to exist? And if you cannot, then your criticism fails.

Whatsisface

'The only way and place that the truth and reality can be known and experienced is in and by a believing mind.' Thanks
Yes, knowledge and experience require a mind.

Nouveau

Do you know what the word "only" means?
Of course I do. Why do you ask?

And if it is true that 'the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known and experienced is in and by a believing mind' and you disagree "that existence also requires a mind", then it should be easy for you to name that other way or place outside of a believing mind that the truth, reality and existence itself can be experienced and known to exist? And if you cannot, then your criticism fails.
Wrong, because that is not what I'm claiming. I'm not saying that existence can be known or experienced without a mind. I'm saying that things can exist without being known or experienced by any mind.

The Pixie

I agree.

Say the truth is that there is no god. The only place that that can be known is in the mind of someone who believes there is no god. Clearly if you mistakenly think a god exists then you do not know that no god exists!

You've been saying this for a long time and I still have no idea what it means. Are you saying that human knowledge exists in the mind? then yes - I agree. We acquire that knowledge through our senses and the evidence our senses detect.

Electric Skeptic

Everybody agrees with it. It does not mean that the truth and reality is a believing mind.

Tercon

Yes, knowledge and experience require a mind.
Of course I do. Why do you ask?

Wrong, because that is not what I'm claiming. I'm not saying that existence can be known or experienced without a mind. I'm saying that things can exist without being known or experienced by any mind.
How do you know that existence can be known or experienced without a mind, when in reality it is ONLY a believing mind that can make anything known or experienced including existence itself?

Tercon

I agree.

Say the truth is that there is no god. The only place that that can be known is in the mind of someone who believes there is no god. Clearly if you mistakenly think a god exists then you do not know that no god exists!
Say the truth is that reality exists. And the only place that it can be known to exist is in the mind of someone who believes it.

Tercon

You've been saying this for a long time and I still have no idea what it means. Are you saying that human knowledge exists in the mind? then yes - I agree. We acquire that knowledge through our senses and the evidence our senses detect.
Can the truth and reality be known to exist without a believing mind?

Tercon

I don't know that. I'm not claiming that. Please try reading more carefully.
If it is true that 'the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known and experienced is in and by a believing mind', then this means that the truth and reality's existence cannot be known or experienced outside of a believing mind.
And if you think it can, then say in what other way or place that you know of that the truth and reality can be known to exist outside of a believing mind?

Nouveau

If it is true that 'the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known and experienced is in and by a believing mind', then this means that the truth and reality's existence cannot be known or experienced outside of a believing mind.
And if you think it can, then say in what other way or place that you know of that the truth and reality can be known to exist outside of a believing mind?
Again, I'm not claiming that. Again, I'm not saying that existence can be known or experienced without a mind. I'm saying that things can exist without being known or experienced by any mind.

5wize

I believe knowledge of reality requires a believing mind.
I believe the experience of reality does not require a believing mind.
I believe that no minds are required for reality to exist.

Tercon

Again, I'm not claiming that. Again, I'm not saying that existence can be known or experienced without a mind. I'm saying that things can exist without being known or experienced by any mind.
If "existence" cannot "be known or experienced without a mind", then why are you pretending "that things can exist without being known or experienced by any mind", including your own, which is the only mind that YOU have to be concerned about anyway? You are pretending that the truth and reality can exist without a mind, when in reality nothing can be known to exist without a mind, including the truth, logic, belief and existence itself without a believing mind to do so. As everything that is necessary in order to know and make known the truth and reality is all belief based knowledge and outside of belief nothing is knowledge.

Tercon

I don't know that. I'm not claiming that. Please try reading more carefully.
Is existence a believing mind based knowledge? And if it is not, then just what kind of knowledge is existence if not a belief and mind based knowledge?