Do you believe in keeping the Sabbath?

Listen you don't understand do you?

The gospel message must contain Abraham and his Seed Yahusha Messiah. You leave out either Abraham or The Messiah, you have a false gospel that cannot save.

Jews make up mostly 2 Tribes and The Non-Jews 10 Tribes.

It's not enough for The Jews to claim they are sons of Abraham but must believe in Messiah to be counted as Abraham's sons of faith.

The same problem is with the Non-Jews. It's not enough for their lip service of believing in Messiah but must find their identity in Abraham as their father of faith.

I made myself very clear as scriptures teach. You only can have a lip service of believing in Messiah but you reject He is the Seed of Abraham.

Gal 3:16 But the promises were spoken to Aḇraham, and to his Seed. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Messiah.
You’re evidently the one that doesn’t understand. You keep avoiding the essence of my question and are unable to show the passage which states that the Lost Sheep are actually Gentiles……this in direct conflict with your Savior’s own words to His disciples!

Tell us all…….when did Yeshua change His mind? Don’t you think that something as earth shattering as that would deserve a word or two in scripture?

You’re evidently the one that doesn’t understand. You keep avoiding the essence of my question and are unable to show the passage which states that the Lost Sheep are actually Gentiles……this in direct conflict with your Savior’s own words to His disciples!

Tell us all…….when did Yeshua change His mind? Don’t you think that something as earth shattering as that would deserve a word or two in scripture?
I gave you all pertinent scriptures but you don't want to do your homework.

I ask you rather a question : Show me in NT that God has made a New Covenant with other than two houses of Israel. There lies your query about those Gentiles. If you are not able to see translators' folly of using unnecessary word 'Gentiles' as being Abraham's promised children (as he is the physical father of many nations) then you don't understand the gospel message.

Gen 17: 6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

Yahuah promises Abraham He will make nations of him (his descendants). Abraham, though he didn't live to see the promise fulfilled but he believed in the promise and because of this he was accounted to be righteous.

Same promise was made to Jabob/Israel:

Gen 35:
10 God said to him, “Your name is Jacob. Your name will no longer be called Jacob, but your name will be Israel.” So he called his name Israel.

11 And God said to him, “I am El Shaddai. Be fruitful and multiply. A nation and a company of nations will come from you, and kings will come from your body.

These are the same people (nations) are called 'Gentiles' in the NT. The translators have confused the people in Christendom to think 'Gentiles'are purely of heathen people. Well, they are not!

The confusion in Christendom is that they believe Israel to be only Jews (who comprised of only 2 tribes). Yes during Messiah's ministry and The Apostles Jews were the only ones who kept their ethnicity and represented Israel. The rest of the tribes were dispersed into various countries.

KJV translated other tribes of Israel (non-Jews) as Gentiles:

Mat 4:15 The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;

Zabulon, Nephtali were tribes of Israel. Galilee was also land allotted to some tribes of Israel.

There you can understand how Gentiles was applied to the non-Jewish tribes of Israel.

By the grace of God, I understand the true gos.pel. It's you who needs to understand the true gospel which must connect to Abraham and his Seed Messiah.

Do your homework!

Just fyi to anyone who reads this, the 10 commandments aren’t the old covenant. Hence why they existed before the old covenant was ratified and after the old covenant was ended; they’re still in effect.

If it’s important to you then search out what I’m saying; a good place to look is in Genesis. Anyone interested, let me know and I’ll point out where each of the 10 commandments were given before the old covenant began and after it ended. If it isn’t important to you then carry on.
In order to, I think you wrote, 'keep the Sabbath', is there a set of rules or regulations that one needs to follow. Do you have a list of how to 'keep the Sabbath'? I want to make sure I'm 'keeping the Sabbath'.

In order to, I think you wrote, 'keep the Sabbath', is there a set of rules or regulations that one needs to follow. Do you have a list of how to 'keep the Sabbath'? I want to make sure I'm 'keeping the Sabbath'.

Thank you!

Reactions: Mik

I know you're asking that to test me, but I'll answer it anyway.

There aren't any strict rules about lifting something heavy or walking too far or anything like that. It was never intended to be a burden or a yoke of bondage that power-hungry men turned it into. Jesus made it clear.

What you really need to know about the Sabbath is the Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath, it's permissible to good on the Sabbath, and the Sabbath was made for mankind. Matthew 12:8,12

Mark 2
27Then Jesus declared, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28Therefore, the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

You should still remember the Sabbath and keep it holy. The Sabbath is a day God blessed and set apart as holy.

Be especially prayerful on the Sabbath. Try to spend it honoring your Father if you're a Christian.

What I have found about the Sabbath is that it's enhanced my relationship with God. It's so easy to get distracted with so many things in life, but the Sabbath feels like a weekly adjustment to get my priorities straight if necessary.

The Sabbath is a commandment, but it's mostly about a relationship with God in my experience.

Hebrews 4
9There remains, then, a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

I know you're asking that to test me, but I'll answer it anyway.

There aren't any strict rules about lifting something heavy or walking too far or anything like that. It was never intended to be a burden or a yoke of bondage that power-hungry men turned it into. Jesus made it clear.
So 'keeping the sabbath' for Christians is different than it was for the Jewish people in Jesus' day?
What you really need to know about the Sabbath is the Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath,
No problem with that.
it's permissible to good on the Sabbath
As it is any day
, and the Sabbath was made for mankind. Matthew 12:8,12
K.
Mark 2
27Then Jesus declared, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28Therefore, the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

You should still remember the Sabbath and keep it holy. The Sabbath is a day God blessed and set apart as holy.
The same as the Jews did?
Be especially prayerful on the Sabbath. Try to spend it honoring your Father if you're a Christian.
So that is 'keeping the sabbath'?
What I have found about the Sabbath is that it's enhanced my relationship with God.
So you you use your sabbath for enhancing your relationship with God?
It's so easy to get distracted with so many things in life, but the Sabbath feels like a weekly adjustment to get my priorities straight if necessary.
So you wait until your sabbath to get your priorities straight if necessary. okay
The Sabbath is a commandment, but it's mostly about a relationship with God in my experience.
So you follow the Sabbath rules that the Jews followed?
Hebrews 4
9There remains, then, a Sabbath rest for the people of God.
Context?

Just curious if anyone here believes in keeping the Sabbath. I, for one, do believe in keeping the Sabbath for the same reason I believe in keeping the other 9 commandments; the are prescribed to the church as part of our life.

I've seen that all of the 10 commandments are repeated in the New Testament and prescribed for the people of God, i.e., those who obey Christ as their Lord and believe in him as their Savior. In other words, this is for Christians who make up the church.

1) Do not worship any other gods (1 Corinthians 8:6; 1 Timothy 2:5)
2) Do not make idols (1 John 5:21)
3) Do not misuse the name of the LORD (1 Timothy 6:1)
4) The Sabbath rest (Hebrews 4:9)
5) Honor your father and your mother (Ephesians 6:1–2)
6) Do not murder (Romans 13:9; 1 Peter 4:15)
7) Do not commit adultery (1 Corinthians 6:9–10)
8) Do not steal (Ephesians 4:28)
9) Do not give false testimony (Revelation 21:8)
10) Do not covet (Colossians 3:5)

So I try to keep the Sabbath, and the other commandments, because they are prescribed as part of God's will for the church.

Also curious if anyone disagrees then please provide any proof the Sabbath was abolished completely, was not kept by Christians in the New Covenant, was replaced by Sunday, or if the 10 commandments are even relevant. Thank you.

Seeing as the letter of the Law KILLS, how do you keep the SPIRIT of the Sabbath day?

So 'keeping the sabbath' for Christians is different than it was for the Jewish people in Jesus' day?

No problem with that.

As it is any day

K.

The same as the Jews did?

So that is 'keeping the sabbath'?

So you you use your sabbath for enhancing your relationship with God?

So you wait until your sabbath to get your priorities straight if necessary. okay

So you follow the Sabbath rules that the Jews followed?

Context?

Not answering all of your random questions.

The point in Hebrews 4:9 is there is still a Sabbath for the people of God. The comparison being made is to those who were deliberately unbelieving and disobedient to the Sabbath which resulted in their fall.

The author concludes the point by, wrapping it all up, with warning the reader to not fall by their sort of disobedience. In order for the comparison to be valid, the author is referring to a literal seventh day Sabbath. Disobeying anything other than a literal seventh day Sabbath wouldn't be the same sort of disobedience.

Hebrews 4
11Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience.

Seeing as the letter of the Law KILLS, how do you keep the SPIRIT of the Sabbath day?

Do you know the difference between the law of Moses and the law of God? The 10 Commandments are repeated in the New Testament, given as commands to Christians, both Jew and Gentile. The law of Moses isn't. If this kills, as you say, then Paul, Peter, and Jesus failed us. Is that your position?

Do you know the difference between the law of Moses and the law of God? The 10 Commandments are repeated in the New Testament, given as commands to Christians, both Jew and Gentile. If this kills, as you say, then Paul, Peter, and Jesus failed us. Is that your position?

We have to be righteous and holy. Agreed.

Why did Jesus die for us if keeping the commandments could save us?

It is interesting that your whole focus is on the law that we aren't even under.

Last edited:
Not answering all of your random questions.

The point in Hebrews 4:9 is there is still a Sabbath for the people of God. The comparison being made is to those who were deliberately unbelieving and disobedient to the Sabbath which resulted in their fall.

The author concludes the point by, wrapping it all up, with warning the reader to not fall by their sort of disobedience. In order for the comparison to be valid, the author is referring to a literal seventh day Sabbath. Disobeying anything other than a literal seventh day Sabbath wouldn't be the same sort of disobedience.

Hebrews 4
11Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience
You can’t explain what ‘keeping the Sabbath’ means. That’s fine. I really didn’t think you would (or could) answer my perfectly legitimate questions.

You can’t explain what ‘keeping the Sabbath’ means. That’s fine. I really didn’t think you would (or could) answer my perfectly legitimate questions.

So no thoughtful answer to the question I wanted to answer? Okay then.

We have to be righteous and holy. Agreed.

Why did Jesus die for us if keeping the commandments could save us?

It is interesting that your whole focus is on the law that we aren't even under.

Christ died for us as a sin sacrifice.

We're under God's law, the 10 commandments. Those never went away. I thought I just showed you a list from the New Testament where they are still prescribed.

When Jesus said the law is summarized in loving God and loving your neighbor, as Paul explains, he was referring to the 10 commandments.

Romans 13
8Be indebted to no one, except to one another in love. For he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. 9The commandments “Do not commit adultery,” “Do not murder,” “Do not steal,” “Do not covet,” and any other commandments, are summed up in this one decree: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 10Love does no wrong to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

We're under God's law, the 10 commandments. Those never went away. I thought I just showed you a list from the New Testament where they are still prescribed.

When Jesus said the law is summarized in loving God and loving your neighbor, as Paul explains, he was referring to the 10 commandments.

Romans 13
8Be indebted to no one, except to one another in love. For he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. 9The commandments “Do not commit adultery,” “Do not murder,” “Do not steal,” “Do not covet,” and any other commandments, are summed up in this one decree: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 10Love does no wrong to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

You do NOT "keep the Sabbath" like the Law demands, you will go to Hell.

You have not shown that at all. Your 'proof' text(s) do not mean what you think they mean. It's been shown to you over and over on this thread. You are blinded by 'sabbath keeper eyes' (my term) IMHO.

Romans 13
I must be missing it, I don't see sabbath anywhere in your 'proof' text. I think you are seeing what you want to see.
If you are counting on perfectly following (keeping) God's Laws, and saving yourself from the wrath of God, I would heed Photine's response in #235 (You do NOT "keep the Sabbath" like the Law demands, you will go to Hell.)
So far only Jesus has been able to keep the Law perfectly.

You have not shown that at all. Your 'proof' text(s) do not mean what you think they mean. It's been shown to you over and over on this thread. You are blinded by 'sabbath keeper eyes' (my term) IMHO.

I must be missing it, I don't see sabbath anywhere in your 'proof' text. I think you are seeing what you want to see.
If you are counting on perfectly following (keeping) God's Laws, and saving yourself from the wrath of God, I would heed Photine's response in #235 (You do NOT "keep the Sabbath" like the Law demands, you will go to Hell.)
So far only Jesus has been able to keep the Law perfectly.

The way to go to hell is to turn God’s grace into a license to sin. It isn’t a license to sin. Obeying the commandments of loving God and loving your neighbor will result in your keeping of the 10 commandments. As I have already proven using the Bible, the 10 commandments are prescribed to Christians.

Not trying to keep God’s commandments because you aren’t perfect isn’t a valid excuse and that isn’t the point. The point is your persuit of righteousness because it’s required.

Romans 2
7To those who by perseverance in doing good seek glory, honor, and immortality, He will give eternal life. 8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow wickedness, there will be wrath and anger.

I hope you weren’t thinking you didn’t have to love God or your neighbor. Your position seems to be you’re saying do nothing. The Bible says otherwise.

As I have already proven using the Bible, the 10 commandments are prescribed to Christians.

You break all the commandments.

Not trying to keep God’s commandments because you aren’t perfect isn’t a valid excuse and that isn’t the point. The point is your persuit of righteousness because it’s required.

Merely trying isn't good enough in the eyes of the Law.

Reactions: Mik
Back