Do you believe in keeping the Sabbath?

Correct.
Keep planting seeds. We are not responsible on which type of soil they land on.

Agreed. So is your position that even though the 10 commandments are prescribed to Christians that Jesus and the apostles wasted their time preaching them? What do you say the purpose of that is? Did their words land on the poor soil of your heart since you’re currently working in opposition to them?

Agreed. So is your position that even though the 10 commandments are prescribed to Christians that Jesus and the apostles wasted their time preaching them? What do you say the purpose of that is? Did their words land on the poor soil of your heart since you’re currently working in opposition to them?
Galatians 3:11, 3:21, 5:4
Nothing from you on ‘keeping the sabbath’ which you can’t even explain what that means.

Galatians 3:11, 3:21, 5:4
Nothing from you on ‘keeping the sabbath’ which you can’t even explain what that means.

I explained how you need to keep the sabbath in one of my comments to you and you replied, but you completely ignored everything I said; That was post #229

Thus far, you’ve rejected everything else I’ve shown you the Bible says. If you reject the sabbath just say so. Is that your position?

What’s with all of the baited questions for me about the sabbath if you seem to have no interest in actually responding to my answers with thoughtful replies?

Last edited:
You can’t explain what ‘keeping the Sabbath’ means. That’s fine. I really didn’t think you would (or could) answer my perfectly legitimate questions.
It simply means Yahusha Messiah as our rest - not a literal day or following a calendar.

Sabbats don't stand alone but is interweaved with Shemittah cycle of 7s (weekly, high Sabbats, 7 Sabbats Pentecost, 7th Year Sabbat, 7 Sabbatical Years leading to Jubilee year). That's what Israel was commanded to keep. God's calendar is 120 Jubilee years until Messiah returns in glory.

120 * 50= 6000 years. 6000 + 1 is the last Jubilee year.

120 years we get from Gen 6:3 and most of the transactions bare a few are in error. Let's see a right one:

3 And יהוה said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever in his going astray. He is flesh, and his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”

From the time Adam went astray, mankinds striving by The Spirit (gospel message) will be 120 years which cannot be literal years to the flood.

It ties with Peter's epistle about the return of Yahusha Messiah as 1000 years being 1 day and 1 day being Thousand years for God.

Man was created on day 6 and the next day was Sabbat which is the rest of Yahuah. We need to enter His rest. It's the final Jubilee year where all captives will be set free with the last enemy being death.

It simply means Yahusha Messiah as our rest - not a literal day or following a calendar.

Sabbats don't stand alone but is interweaved with Shemittah cycle of 7s (weekly, high Sabbats, 7 Sabbats Pentecost, 7th Year Sabbat, 7 Sabbatical Years leading to Jubilee year). That's what Israel was commanded to keep. God's calendar is 120 Jubilee years until Messiah returns in glory.

120 * 50= 6000 years. 6000 + 1 is the last Jubilee year.

120 years we get from Gen 6:3 and most of the transactions bare a few are in error. Let's see a right one:

3 And יהוה said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever in his going astray. He is flesh, and his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”

From the time Adam went astray, mankinds striving by The Spirit (gospel message) will be 120 years which cannot be literal years to the flood.

It ties with Peter's epistle about the return of Yahusha Messiah as 1000 years being 1 day and 1 day being Thousand years for God.

Man was created on day 6 and the next day was Sabbat which is the rest of Yahuah. We need to enter His rest. It's the final Jubilee year where all captives will be set free with the last enemy being death.

Hello and thanks for commenting. Could you read my comment (post #229) they replied to and give me your take on the “same sort of disobedience” the Hebrews author said to avoid? Thank you.

I explained how you need to keep the sabbath in one of my comments to you and you replied, but you completely ignored everything I said; That was post #229

Thus far, you’ve rejected everything else I’ve shown you the Bible says. If you reject the sabbath just say so. Is that your position?

What’s with all of the baited questions for me about the sabbath if you seem to have no interest in actually responding to my answers with thoughtful replies?
What I expected. My responses stand.

What I expected. My responses stand.
You didn't respond to anything I said with anything meaningful to the discussion. Why are you trying to derail this thread?

Let's try this again:

The point in Hebrews 4:9 is there is still a Sabbath for the people of God. The comparison being made is to those who were deliberately unbelieving and disobedient to the literal seventh day Sabbath which resulted in their fall.

The author concludes the point by, wrapping it all up, with warning the reader to not fall by their sort of disobedience. In order for the comparison to be valid, the author is referring to a literal seventh day Sabbath. Disobeying anything other than a literal seventh day Sabbath wouldn't be the same sort of disobedience.

Hebrews 4
11Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience.

Last edited:
The way to go to hell is to turn God’s grace into a license to sin. It isn’t a license to sin. Obeying the commandments of loving God and loving your neighbor will result in your keeping of the 10 commandments. As I have already proven using the Bible, the 10 commandments are prescribed to Christians.
Not even close.
Not trying to keep God’s commandments because you aren’t perfect isn’t a valid excuse and that isn’t the point. The point is your persuit of righteousness because it’s required.

Romans 2
7To those who by perseverance in doing good seek glory, honor, and immortality, He will give eternal life. 8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow wickedness, there will be wrath and anger.

I hope you weren’t thinking you didn’t have to love God or your neighbor. Your position seems to be you’re saying do nothing. The Bible says otherwise.
Rabbit trail.

Still avoiding answering the actual questions asked. Try again?...Here is what I wrote (asked)

In order to, I think you wrote, 'keep the Sabbath', is there a set of rules or regulations that one needs to follow. Do you have a list of how to 'keep the Sabbath'? I want to make sure I'm 'keeping the Sabbath'.

Oh and...You still haven't proven we are to 'keep the sabbath' (as Israel did? If so, prove it...If not, please answer the above questions)

Thanks.

Christ died for us as a sin sacrifice.

We're under God's law, the 10 commandments. Those never went away. I thought I just showed you a list from the New Testament where they are still prescribed.

When Jesus said the law is summarized in loving God and loving your neighbor, as Paul explains, he was referring to the 10 commandments.

Romans 13
8Be indebted to no one, except to one another in love. For he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. 9The commandments “Do not commit adultery,” “Do not murder,” “Do not steal,” “Do not covet,” and any other commandments, are summed up in this one decree: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 10Love does no wrong to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Again…….people tend to confuse The Law of God with the law of Moses. In addition…..they think that all the Talmudic requirements from Babylon (by the Rabbinical councils) are somehow…..Biblical.

This is natural because it’s basically the same type of confusion that has been taught since the Reformation by mainly misguided Protestants.

Martin Luther was extremely Anti Semetic and what (at the time) was any more “Jewish” than keeping Sabbath. Anything that resembled “law keeping” was rejected by Luther and has continued from there. It is not considered law keeping to honor your parents, steal from others or covet your neighbors possessions.

The early Church, influenced by previously pagan new membership…..resorted to giving the “Day of the Sun” a prominent place in their liturgy and the Catholic Church finalized the conversion from the Sabbath to Sunday. It’s not difficult to find this outlined in both common and religious history. The Greek scriptures do not support the idea of a Sunday morning resurrection so Biblical translation had to be tweaked to cancel any mention of the Sabbath and it’s importance to Yeshua and His disciples.

The law of Moses (Moab Covenant) included animal sacrifice for sin atonement and a Levite Priesthood to administer the proceedings. You do not find this in The Law of God (The Covenant from Horeb) Deuteronomy 29:1.

Not even close.

Rabbit trail.

Still avoiding answering the actual questions asked. Try again?...Here is what I wrote (asked)

In order to, I think you wrote, 'keep the Sabbath', is there a set of rules or regulations that one needs to follow. Do you have a list of how to 'keep the Sabbath'? I want to make sure I'm 'keeping the Sabbath'.

Oh and...You still haven't proven we are to 'keep the sabbath' (as Israel did? If so, prove it...If not, please answer the above questions)

Thanks.

The Sabbath hasn’t gone away or been replaced. Hebrews 4:9 proves it.

Hebrews 4:9
9There remains, then, a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

The Sabbath remains. That means it didn’t go anywhere and it’s still valid, that’s what the New Testament validates.

Your turn. Prove the sabbath has been ended. If you can do that, I’m sure you would have led with that. That’s why I’m not impressed at your pointless commentary and baited questions.it’s like you just want to play games.

Prove I’m wrong showing verses.

Again…….people tend to confuse The Law of God with the law of Moses. In addition…..they think that all the Talmudic requirements from Babylon (by the Rabbinical councils) are somehow…..Biblical.

This is natural because it’s basically the same type of confusion that has been taught since the Reformation by mainly misguided Protestants.

Martin Luther was extremely Anti Semetic and what (at the time) was any more “Jewish” than keeping Sabbath. Anything that resembled “law keeping” was rejected by Luther and has continued from there. It is not considered law keeping to honor your parents, steal from others or covet your neighbors possessions.

The early Church, influenced by previously pagan new membership…..resorted to giving the “Day of the Sun” a prominent place in their liturgy and the Catholic Church finalized the conversion from the Sabbath to Sunday. It’s not difficult to find this outlined in both common and religious history. The Greek scriptures do not support the idea of a Sunday morning resurrection so Biblical translation had to be tweaked to cancel any mention of the Sabbath and it’s importance to Yeshua and His disciples.

The law of Moses (Moab Covenant) included animal sacrifice for sin atonement and a Levite Priesthood to administer the proceedings. You do not find this in The Law of God (The Covenant from Horeb) Deuteronomy 29:1.
The 10 commandments aren’t the law of Moses and they’re still in effect. There are commandments for you to keep. If you keep the commandments, you’ll keep the law of God.

See this here? This is about keeping God’s commandments. Remember those 10 commandments that are repeated in the New Testament? This is it. A commandment isn’t optional.

1 John 5
2By this we know that we love the children of God: when we love God and keep His commandments.3For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome,4because everyone born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world: our faith.

The Sabbath hasn’t gone away or been replaced. Hebrews 4:9 proves it.

Hebrews 4:9
9There remains, then, a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

The Sabbath remains. That means it didn’t go anywhere and it’s still valid, that’s what the New Testament validates.

Your turn. Prove the sabbath has been ended. If you can do that, I’m sure you would have led with that. That’s why I’m not impressed at your pointless commentary and baited questions.it’s like you just want to play games.

Prove I’m wrong showing verses.
Context is everything. You either don’t understand Hebrews 4 or deliberately ignore it. Taking one verse out of context proves nothing. Especially your ‘keeping the sabbath’ statement. You still haven’t explained what that entails.
Believe me I understand why you don’t want to answer my questions.

Context is everything. You either don’t understand Hebrews 4 or deliberately ignore it. Taking one verse out of context proves nothing. Especially your ‘keeping the sabbath’ statement. You still haven’t explained what that entails.
Believe me I understand why you don’t want to answer my questions.
The context of Hebrews 4:9 supports literal seventh day Sabbath keeping.

I don't think you understand much of anything about this topic.

I want to talk about why you should keep the Sabbath and make sure you understand that first. That is why I keep talking about this and you keep avoiding it. If I think you actually believe in the Sabbath then I'll be totally happy to tell you how to keep it. Why would I tell you how to keep the Sabbath just so you can turn and tear the word of God to pieces? I don't see the point in giving you that if you don't even see the point in honoring your alleged Father's 4th commandment.

The context of Hebrews 4:9 supports literal seventh day Sabbath keeping.
It absolutely does not.
I don't think you understand much of anything about this topic.
I understand more than you do. So how do you 'keep the sabbath'? Is it diffrent the way israel kep the sabbath in the OT? Is there a new way you 'keep the sabbath'? Do you Keep it as the Jews did? Does the NT list the things you can and can not do while you 'keep the sabbath'?
I want to talk about why you should keep the Sabbath and make sure you understand that first.
See above.
That is why I keep talking about this and you keep avoiding it. If I think you actually believe in the Sabbath then I'll be totally happy to tell you how to keep it. Why would I tell you how to keep the Sabbath just so you can turn and tear the word of God to pieces?
You seem to be the one doing this.
I don't see the point in giving you that if you don't even see the point in honoring your alleged Father's 4th commandment.
I'm already doing that. Ask for the Holy Spirit to help you understand the meaning of Hebrews 4.

It absolutely does not.
The context actually begins near the end of Hebrews chapter 3, beginning at verse 12, with a warning of the peril of disobedience. It's in regards to the Israelites in the wilderness for 40 years. They had sinned, were unbelievers, and disobedient to the commandments; in particular for this context it's the 4th commandment, the literal seventh day Sabbath.

The context continues all the way until Hebrews 4:11, concluding with "Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following the same pattern of disobedience."

The rest that the Israelites failed to enter was God's rest which is the literal seventh day Sabbath. The 10 commandments the Israelites disobeyed in the wilderness involved a literal calendar day.

The same pattern of disobedience would be being an unbeliever and a commandment breaker; this is essentially what you seem to be advocating for and it isn't from the Holy Spirit.

I understand more than you do.
No you don't. See above where you couldn't even read the context, discerning that it talks about the Israelites who disobeyed the 4th commandment, with the author concluding that we shouldn't follow their same pattern of disobedience.

So how do you 'keep the sabbath'? Is it diffrent the way israel kep the sabbath in the OT? Is there a new way you 'keep the sabbath'? Do you Keep it as the Jews did? Does the NT list the things you can and can not do while you 'keep the sabbath'?
Have you read the 4th commandment before? The gist of it is "Remember the Sabbath day, keep it holy." Are you able to remember it and keep it holy?

I'm already doing that. Ask for the Holy Spirit to help you understand the meaning of Hebrews 4.
I have the meaning of Hebrews 4 directly from Hebrews 4 and yes, of course, I often do pray for guidance in my understanding of the Bible. That's why I know what I am saying here is correct.

What do you think Hebrews 4 means? This should be good.

Last edited:
The context actually begins near the end of Hebrews chapter 3, beginning at verse 12, with a warning of the peril of disobedience. It's in regards to the Israelites in the wilderness for 40 years. They had sinned, were unbelievers, and disobedient to the commandments; in particular for this context it's the 4th commandment, the literal seventh day Sabbath.

The context continues all the way until Hebrews 4:11, concluding with "Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following the same pattern of disobedience."

The rest that the Israelites failed to enter was God's rest which is the literal seventh day Sabbath. The 10 commandments the Israelites disobeyed in the wilderness involved a literal calendar day.

The same pattern of disobedience would be being an unbeliever and a commandment breaker; this is essentially what you seem to be advocating for and it isn't from the Holy Spirit.

No you don't. See above where you couldn't even read the context, discerning that it talks about the Israelites who disobeyed the 4th commandment, with the author concluding that we shouldn't follow their same pattern of disobedience.

Have you read the 4th commandment before? The gist of it is "Remember the Sabbath day, keep it holy." Are you able to remember it and keep it holy?

I have the meaning of Hebrews 4 directly from Hebrews 4 and yes, of course, I often do pray for guidance in my understanding of the Bible. That's why I know what I am saying here is correct.

What do you think Hebrews 4 means? This should be good.
It's is amazing you say the same things over and over, but still my remarks remain true.
I feel I've not been following God's Word very well when it comes to this discussion.
You may believe what you want to believe. I will try to follow Romans 14 on this thread and future threads.
May God bless you and keep you safe.

It's is amazing you say the same things over and over, but still my remarks remain true.
I feel I've not been following God's Word very well when it comes to this discussion.
You may believe what you want to believe. I will try to follow Romans 14 on this thread and future threads.

This is about God’s commandments, not food or something trivial, and they’re important.

John 12
50And I know that His command leads to eternal life. So I speak exactly what the Father has told Me to say.”

Matthew 19
17“Why do you ask Me about what is good?”e Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

Revelation 14
12Here is a call for the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

1 John 2
3By this we can be sure that we have come to know Him: if we keep His commandments. 4If anyone says, “I know Him,” but does not keep His commandments, he is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 3
24Whoever keeps His commandments remains in God, and God in him. And by this we know that He remains in us: by the Spirit He has given us.

This is about God’s commandments, not food or something trivial, and they’re important.

John 12
50And I know that His command leads to eternal life. So I speak exactly what the Father has told Me to say.”

Matthew 19
17“Why do you ask Me about what is good?”e Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

Revelation 14
12Here is a call for the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

1 John 2
3By this we can be sure that we have come to know Him: if we keep His commandments. 4If anyone says, “I know Him,” but does not keep His commandments, he is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 3
24Whoever keeps His commandments remains in God, and God in him. And by this we know that He remains in us: by the Spirit He has given us.
Okay RM.
I'll follow Colossians 2:16-17 “Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.” I will follow the reality found in Christ.

Romans 15:5 “One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.” If you believe you need to 'keep the sabbath'. Fine. Go for it.

Galatians 5:13-15 “You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. The entire law is summed up in a single command: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.”

You won't convince me. I will follow God's Word. 1 Corinthians 8:9.

Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

Back