Do you believe the Holy Spirit, the Father and Jesus are 3 separate divine persons?

Yahchristian

A) Do you believe the Holy Spirit, the Father and Jesus are 3 separate divine entities? That is 3 distinct..different in nature and essence Gods?

B) Do you believe the Holy Spirit, the Father and Jesus are 3 separate divine persons? That is 3 recognized persons..the same in nature and essence one God?

I define "an entity" as "a thing with independent existence" and I define "a person" as "a spirit or human being".

So I say NO and NO.

But just to clarify the doctrine of the Trinity...

1) What is your definition of "an entity"?

2) What is your definition of "a person"?

And then please post YOUR answers to YOUR questions...

A) Do you believe the Holy Spirit, the Father and Jesus are 3 separate divine entities? That is 3 distinct..different in nature and essence Gods?

B) Do you believe the Holy Spirit, the Father and Jesus are 3 separate divine persons? That is 3 recognized persons..the same in nature and essence one God?

I define "an entity" as "a thing with independent existence" and I define "a person" as "a spirit or human being".
Interesting....you define an enitity as a "spirit" or a "human being"...

1) Is the spirit of a human being the same enitity as the human being?
2)...or....are the spirit and human being two different entities?

A coin has two sides....(actually 3 if you count the edge)...if the coin is laying on the table.."heads up" would it still be the exact same coin if it was laying on the table "tails up"?

Answering the subject line....

Do you believe the Holy Spirit, the Father and Jesus are 3 separate divine persons?​

Of course....but that isn't enough to describe the 3 separate divine "persons"....they are also of the same divine nature and essence making them one, yet 3.

Are you saying that the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are not of the same divine nature and essence?

Interesting....you define an enitity as a "spirit" or a "human being"...

???
I define "an entity" as "a thing with independent existence"

Whereas...
I define "a person" as "a spirit or human being".

Are you able to answer the questions from the OP or not...

And then please post YOUR answers to YOUR questions...

Answering the subject line....

Do you believe the Holy Spirit, the Father and Jesus are 3 separate divine persons?​

Of course

You do realize that orthodox TRINITARIANS could call your statement POLYTHEISTIC.

Right?

Trinitarians are NOT supposed to use the word "separate" when referring to the Persons !!!

You do realize that orthodox TRINITARIANS could call your statement POLYTHEISTIC.

Right?

Trinitarians are NOT supposed to use the word "separate" when referring to the Persons !!!
No they can't....as my statement presents them as one God...the same God. Why would you say such a thing?

Right?

No they can't....as my statement presents them as one God...the same God. Why would you say such a thing?

Because they do !!!

And it’s important to emphasize “distinct” vs. “separate,” as “separate” would indeed imply polytheism.

Source: Catholic.com

Answer the question please...
1) Is the spirit of a human being the same enitity as the human being?
2)...or....are the spirit and human being two different entities?

I define "an entity" as "a thing with independent existence".

So I say 1=YES and 2=NO.

Please post YOUR answers to YOUR questions.

Shrugs shoulder...so what? Now you're reduced to playing with words.

So...........

My statement was TRUE.

In addition...

You do realize that most PROTESTANTS would also say using the word "separate" when referring to the Divine Persons would imply POLYTHEISM.

Right?

Do you still just shrug your shoulders.

And considering the trinity has the same essense and nature as God....they all consist of the same entity....Yet be seen as 3 "distinct" persons.

In your statement above...

P.S. This is not a word game. I am simply asking you to define the words YOU used in YOUR statement.

Last edited:
In your statement above...

Entity has several nuances. When relating to biblical scripture in the context we have been talking about an entity is a "being"......a being that has the ability to experience, desire, emotion, will etc....or a person.

God (YHWH) is an entity...or being....that has been shown to be expressed as 3 persons...yet one being.
P.S. This is not a word game. I am simply asking you to define the words YOU used in YOUR statement.
The word game you've been playing isn't about being or essence but about separate and distinct.

Entity has several nuances. When relating to biblical scripture in the context we have been talking about an entity is a "being"......a being that has the ability to experience, desire, emotion, will etc....or a person.

God (YHWH) is an entity...or being....that has been shown to be expressed as 3 persons...yet one being.

The word game you've been playing isn't about being or essence but about separate and distinct.

Note: It is NOT MY word game!

It is TRINITARIANS who make a HUGE deal about the words "person", "being", "distinct", "separate" etc. !!!

I could not tell from your answer.

So can you please clarify...

Are you defining "an entity" as "a being" and "a person" as "a being that has the ability to experience, desire, emotion, will etc"?

It seems you are, but could you post a simple Yes to confirm that.

Note: It is NOT MY word game!

It is TRINITARIANS who make a HUGE deal about the words "person", "being", "distinct", "separate" etc. !!!

I could not tell from your answer.

So can you please clarify...

Are you defining "an entity" as "a being" and "a person" as "a being that has the ability to experience, desire, emotion, will etc"?

It seems you are, but could you post a simple Yes to confirm that.
Pretty much...as I said in post 15 which answered your question already an enitity has several nuances.
In a paranormal investigation show on TV an enitity is considered as a spiritual form of some kind that they say they detected....forgetting that they too are entities. (life forms)

As I said, you play a lot of word games.

Would you say a personage, who has the ability to experience, desire, emotion, will etc. is an entity or a being?
I can't think of one that wouldn't.

Now, there may be different kinds of entities...such as devine, angelic or human....grays?

Pretty much...

So you believe there are THREE SEPARATE "beings that have the ability to experience, desire, emotion, will" (your definition of "a person") ???

I think you should change your definition for "a person" from "a being that..." and stop using "separate" in reference to the three "beings that...".

Just sayin'. @aeg4971 do you agree?

Would you say a personage, who has the ability to experience, desire, emotion, will etc. is an entity or a being?
I can't think of one that wouldn't.

Yes, since I have said...
I define "a being" as "a sentient living thing".

So a person is an entity / a being.

Yes, since I have said...
I define "a being" as "a sentient living thing".

So a person is an entity / a being.
Do you think when/if AI reaches the "singularity" and becomes sentient....it will be a being?

Back