Do you believe the man Christ Jesus contains all there is of the person of Christ Jesus?

God manifested in the flesh this man Jesus the Christ was crucified . Hence a man died.

1) Is the following true?

could not separate the nature of God from this flesh ,these bones, and this blood

If you say Yes...

2) Was Jesus’ flesh crucified?

3) Was Jesus’ nature of God crucified?

If you answer Yes to one and No to the other...

Then Jesus’ flesh and Jesus’ nature of God CAN BE SEPARATE.

If you claim it is not possible to separate the nature of God from Jesus’ flesh...

Did “God and man” die when Jesus was crucified?

We've already been over that.

I honestly don't think you even really care, you are like a Modalist Lenny.

1) Is the following true?

If you say Yes...

If you answer Yes to one and No to the other...

Then Jesus’ flesh and Jesus’ nature of God CAN BE SEPARATE.

Nether!!!! The Divine and human natures are not commingled but rather UNITED by way of Hypostasis . It follows the Person ,the man Jesus the Christ, who is God manifested in this flesh these bones and this blood DIED.

28. Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

The Word , God own Form Image and one and only begotten Son was made passable by taking the likeness of the sinful creature to become obedient into death.

The Person of the Son by Himself purged our sin. The Hypostasis of God the Father did not die for He sent the Son to DIE.

16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

........ Alan

Nether!!!!

So YOU believe Jesus’ flesh was NOT crucified even though the Bible says...

Hebrews 10:10... By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

What do the rest of you believe...

Hebrews 10:10... By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Jesus was crucified, NOT His flesh or nature.

God manifested in the flesh by way of the Person of the Word made in the likeness of sinful flesh was crucified. The Person of Christ was crucified. Flesh is included one with His person , less there be no shedding of blood.

Why would anybody ask if the nature of God was crucified when it is plainly written.

5. Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

6. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8. And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

14. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

...... Alan

Thank you for that Alan, I appreciate that.
You know Thistle In hindsight of the history of Christianity , all the Latins did was Biblically explain what the Greeks meant of the creedal ;language since we all have the very same Holy Scriptures.

Oneness Pentecostal are more closer to Trinitarians, ( before the Nicene creed it was actually hard to distinguish todays Oneness from a Trinitarian) , yet their modern humanism keeps them from it, whereas semi Arian Unitarians ,are exactly as ,the Jews who took up stones for Jesus ,equated Himself to be God , when He said," God really was His Father"-. To anti Trinitarians in whole , God is not that great , because humans are not that great. This is communicated in what the Jews think of Christ. What the Muslims think of Christ, and what Christian semi Arian Unitarians think of Christ.

....... Alan

You know Thistle In hindsight of the history of Christianity , all the Latins did was Biblically explain what the Greeks meant of the creedal ;language since we all have the very same Holy Scriptures.

Oneness Pentecostal are more closer to Trinitarians, ( before the Nicene creed it was actually hard to distinguish todays Oneness from a Trinitarian) , yet their modern humanism keeps them from it, whereas semi Arian Unitarians ,are exactly as ,the Jews who took up stones for Jesus ,equated Himself to be God , when He said," God really was His Father"-. To anti Trinitarians in whole , God is not that great , because humans are not that great. This is communicated in what the Jews think of Christ. What the Muslims think of Christ, and what Christian semi Arian Unitarians think of Christ.

....... Alan
This is a subject matter which I've had relatively few questions about compared to the breadth of the discussion. And once the particular questions that arise in specific potentially problematic passages are adequately resolved, I just find it hard to really engage too deeply in this discussion, because it just seems to me that the people who want to take umbrage with the doctrine of the Trinity are going to arrive at their conclusions no matter what.

The Person of Christ was crucified. Flesh is included one with His person , less there be no shedding of blood.

So..........

When I ask... Was Jesus’ flesh crucified?

Do you still say No?

If so..........

What exactly did the Romans put on the cross?

So..........

When I ask... Was Jesus’ flesh crucified?

Do you still say No?

If so..........

What exactly did the Romans put on the cross?
Christ Person which naturally includes His flesh as it also singly, includes, these bones and this blood, was crucified. Hence I said NO because your question was compartmentalized in a humanistic way possible. The Person of Son was on the Cross.

Don't they call flesh without hypostasis or person a corpse or remains? LOL.

...... Alan

Jesus Christ, BOTH body and spirit.
Agreed! It's important to point out that we are all body and spirit and I think that the bifurcated division between body and spirit is probably the best. But Jesus had two natures a human nature and the undivided nature of God as the eternal word. And this should be pointed out in addition to your observation above.

Christ Person which naturally includes His flesh as it also singly, includes, these bones and this blood, was crucified. Hence I said NO because your question was compartmentalized in a humanistic way possible. The Person of Son was on the Cross.

My initial questions were...

Was Jesus’ flesh crucified?
Was Jesus’ nature of God crucified?

To which you answered NO to both because they were compartmentalized.

So what is your answer to this question...

Was both Jesus’ flesh and Jesus’ nature of God crucified?

That is all there is of the Person of the Son. Right?

Christian doctrine teaches us that there is life on both sides of the veil of death. The physical death is a uniquely human experience but beyond it is ultimately reward or punishment in a different kind of life. As near as I can tell, this is so because God ordained it to be so, and for no other reason. So the man, Jesus of Nazareth, died on the cross passing the veil of death as humans do, but that includes a different kind of life on the other side as in every case. With respect to The Eternal Word containing the undivided nature (essence) of God, the essential attributes of experiencing the passing through the veil of death are not attending. Owing to that fact, there is no discontinuity of any kind in the eternal existence of The Eternal Word of God.

So.........

Acts 2:23... Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Is that supposed to be in dispute? It's not so far as I can tell.

If the nature (ETERNAL SUPREME LIFE) of God could die , There would be no reason for the Word Himself to subsist in one Person this man the Christ now would it?

Your question is derived from the premise, The Father is the Spirit and the Son is the flesh, instead of starting from, The consubstantial Word was made flesh to become obedient unto death. Who being in the Form of God emptied by taking upon Himself this flesh these bones and this blood. Now since the Word did not consider Divine Equality having been made to the creature, why then would we contemplate our navels over that which is impossible, the nature of God crucified?

...... Alan

I would like to know YOUR answer...

I am hoping you will be able to answer YES or NO.
Yes Jesus flesh was crucified . He was a real man and men have flesh. What men do not have is Divinity as Deity cannot die.

....... Alan

I would like to know YOUR answer...

I am hoping you will be able to answer YES or NO.
I'm delighted to give you a yes or no answer. I do however need to understand what you mean. How is your question different from the question "was Jesus crucified?"

Back