Do you believe the man Christ Jesus contains all there is of the person of Christ Jesus?

I'm delighted to give you a yes or no answer. I do however need to understand what you mean. How is your question different from the question "was Jesus crucified?"

This post by a Trinitarian says Jesus is both the nature of God and flesh, and they cannot be separated...
The name Jesus is predicated to a Person who is both God and man. Scriptures are in fact written in a manner that could not separate the nature of God from this flesh ,these bones, and this blood.

The question “Was Jesus crucified” could be taken to mean “Was Jesus’ flesh or nature of God or both crucified“.

So just to verify that TRINITARIAN claim, I asked two very specific questions...

1) Was Jesus’ flesh crucified?

2) Was Jesus’ nature of God crucified?

Are YOU able to answer YES or NO to the questions now.

You said you would be delighted to. ?

Last edited:
This post by a Trinitarian says Jesus is both the nature of God and flesh, and they cannot be separated...

The question “Was Jesus crucified” could be taken to mean “Was Jesus’ flesh or nature of God or both crucified“.

So just to verify that TRINITARIAN claim, I asked two very specific questions...

Thank you very kindly. 1) yes, 2) no.

NO to both. A nature CANNOT be crucified.

NO to both. A nature CANNOT be crucified.
@johnny guitar, I'm not convinced that you and I disagree. If you mean to say that our human nature is part of our spirit and it passes through the veil of death to another kind of existence I agree with that. I do believe that our human nature is transformed when we see Jesus. That is that we receive the full sanctification which is the completion of the process we experience in our Christian lives. We're told very clearly "when we see him we will be like him!" So when we see Jesus the perfection of our sanctification will occur instantly.

Thank you very kindly. 1) yes, 2) no.

Reading through this thread it is obvious Trinitarians have a very difficult time answering the questions...

They likely know they should answer as you did, but they know the next question would be...

3) When Jesus was crucified, was Jesus’ flesh and Jesus’ nature of God “separate”?

Reading through this thread it is obvious Trinitarians have a very difficult time answering the questions...
You'll have to forgive me my patience for reading about the Trinity after I understand it is a little bit limited when it's just a matter of quibbling. So I haven't read all of the posts. I just wanted to make sure that I fully understood what's at stake in the questions that you asked before answering the question.
I take this to mean was Jesus physically crucified. This is what the Romans did. They physically crucify people and they did it by the thousands sometimes. So the answer to this is obviously yes.
Death is best imagined as a veil that someone passes through. The Bible clearly teaches there's life on both sides of the veil. It's uniquely connected to created beings. This works for Jesus of Nazareth because as a man he did not exist before he was born. It doesn't really attach to the Eternal Word because the Eternal Word is not a created being.

I'm not sure I have enough energy to delve deeply enough into this thread to determine to what extent some people have trouble putting that idea into words but it really doesn't matter. This is one of those things that, is what it is, whether we are particularly skillful about talking about it or not.

I know of only one example of a Trinity, it is God. So there's really no analogies that adequately encapsulate the ide. It does transcend the created universe. And that is perfectly fine, it just forces us to think more abstractly without the benefit of a very near analogy.
They likely know they should answer as you did, but they know the next question would be...

3) When Jesus was crucified, was Jesus’ flesh and Jesus’ nature of God “separate”?
That question is no problem. The best way to understand a persons nature is an attribute of their spirit. The spirit survives death, so I don't see that there is an issue attending your question. All we're really looking at in death is the spirit being separated from the body, which is the natural state of things. The spirit continues to live on until on the last day the spirit is reunited with that resurrected body.

If you think I have'nt answer that question you didn't read my prior post.

My question was...

So are you able to answer the question with a simple Yes or No...

Apparently your answer to that question is NO.

Now...

Is there ANY TRINITARIAN on this forum who IS ABLE to answer the following question with a simple YES or NO...

When Jesus was crucified, was Jesus’ flesh and Jesus’ nature of God “separate”?

My question was...

Now...

Is there ANY TRINITARIAN on this forum who IS ABLE to answer the following question with a simple YES or NO...

Another "stupid" and "idiotic" question? When you die are you "flesh" and is your human nature separate from you? you also made this "dumb" question from you post #4.

"In other words, I believe Jesus started out with an immortal human body (like he has now). He exchanged his immortal human body for a mortal human body (to be “made in the likeness of men”) to die on the cross."

Jesus "NEVER" started out with a human body like He is now. Before anything was created Jesus He existed personally as the "ETERNAL" Son of God. This is taught at John 1:1-18. It is also taught at Philippians 2:5-8. Notice vs6, "who/ that is Jesus Christ having existed as God at the appointed time He "emptied Himself, i.e taking the form and likeness of a man/bond-servant.

At vs6 in my NASB it says, "who, ALTHOUGH, He existed etc. In other words, the word "although" means, "in spite of the fact" that Jesus existed as God He emptied Himself taking the form of a man. Jesus Christ has two natures and He is the only begotten Son to have two natures. Deity on His Father's side and human on His mother's side. This is why He referred to Himself oftentimes as the "Son of God" and as the "Son of Man."

Lastly, I've noticed your questions have become more "bizarre." Which means I don't take you seriously and I'm "past" the point of even responding anymore.

IN GOD THE SON,
james

Another "stupid" and "idiotic" question?

My question was...

Now...

My question was...

Now...

You have formulated this post for no other reason than to mischaracterize what I have written; I'm not interested in your games; thank you for your participation.

Do you know what the meaning of the article "and" is? Can you answer that question with a simple yes or no? If you don't know the definite of the word "and" you are definitely the stupidest person who has ever been on any of these forms! No one who has read my posts can be excused for not knowing the Jesus of Nazareth had a human nature AND the undivided nature of God .

So if the human nature of Jesus of Nazareth and the undivided nature of God we're not the same before the point of death why would they be the same at the point of death or after the point of death?

The extremely dishonest approach that you were taking to this discussion is not appreciated, and it is beneath the standards of this discussion.

Are you really so stupid that you don't understand that crucifixion is a process intended to ultimately bring someone's life to an end. Do you understand that yes or no! I'd like a yes or no answer to that question!

Are you so stupid that you don't understand that death is one moment in time and it is not any of the moments that lead up to it or any of the moments after it? I'd like a yes or no answer to that question or are you too stupid to deliver that?

Are you too stupid to understand that death is a physical process and the spirit does not die? I'd like a yes or no answer to that question or are you too stupid to deliver that?

Are you too stupid to understand that nature or essence is an attribute that belongs to a persons spirit? I'd like You to answer to that or are you too stupid to deliver that?

Are you too stupid to understand that I have said repeatedly that Jesus of Nazareth had a human nature and the undivided nature of God? I'd like a yes or no answer to that question or are you too stupid to deliver that?

Are you too stupid to understand that if the spirit of Jesus of Nazareth has a human nature and the undivided nature of God and the Spirit does not die at physical death that has nothing to do with the infinitude of God? That's a yes or no question I'd like an answer to that or are you too stupid to deliver that?

YOU ARE NOT too stupid to answer these questions.

YOU HAVE BURIED A LIE in the center of your questions so that NO ONE CAN ANSWER IT without affirming the lie that YOU HAVE PLACED THERE.

Your despicable subterfuge is not appreciated and has no place in the discussion particularly on the part of someone who is calling them selves by the name of Christ. You should be ashamed of yourself.

you are definitely the stupidest person who has ever been on any of these forms!
Are you really so stupid that you don't understand
So Are you so stupid that you don't understand
Are you too stupid to understand

Now that you have gotten your derogatory remarks off your chest... ?

YOU said... “Jesus of Nazareth had a human nature and the undivided nature of God”

Your fellow TRINITARIAN said... “could not separate the nature of God from this flesh”

My question concerns the word “separate”...

Notice the word SEPARATE.

I am waiting for a Trinitarian to answer...
Yes
No
Yes, but ________
No, but ________
Yes and No
Don’t know

Back