Do you feel the Lord all of the time?

civic

Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

LifeIn

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
@Marcha, these good verses to keep in mind. The God of peace will be with you, whether you feel His presence or not. Rely on faith, not feelings. Feelings can be deceptive.

RiJoRi

i want to be able to. I once had that too
It was good, wasn't it? But my theory (subject to change without notice 😉) is that at some point Jesus questions, "Do you follow Me, or are you 'in it' for the feelings?" There are many who reply "FEELINGS!", and wind up running from here to there, trying to recapture "the feeling". As long as their attention is not on Jesus, Satan is pleased. Some will come to the end of their lives, still trying to get "the feeling". Others will give up on Christianity, having mistaken the feelings for the Real Thing. And still others, by the grace of God, will smack themselves in the forehead, and turn back to Jesus.

When I was a young Christian, I was shown a picture of a railroad train.
The engine was marked "Faith", the coal tender was marked "Facts", and the caboose was marked "Feelings". The point was that without the engine (Faith), the train was going nowhere. Without the tender (Facts), the train could run for a short time. Without the caboose (Feelings), the train could run just fine.

HTH,
--Rich

Marcha

It was good, wasn't it? But my theory (subject to change without notice 😉) is that at some point Jesus questions, "Do you follow Me, or are you 'in it' for the feelings?" There are many who reply "FEELINGS!", and wind up running from here to there, trying to recapture "the feeling". As long as their attention is not on Jesus, Satan is pleased. Some will come to the end of their lives, still trying to get "the feeling". Others will give up on Christianity, having mistaken the feelings for the Real Thing. And still others, by the grace of God, will smack themselves in the forehead, and turn back to Jesus.

When I was a young Christian, I was shown a picture of a railroad train.
The engine was marked "Faith", the coal tender was marked "Facts", and the caboose was marked "Feelings". The point was that without the engine (Faith), the train was going nowhere. Without the tender (Facts), the train could run for a short time. Without the caboose (Feelings), the train could run just fine.

HTH,
--Rich
Great points, thanks!

Marcha

Thank you!