Do you know of any religion that thinks less of Jesus than Judaism does?

Yahchristian

Jewish converts have been ultra few. By and large, more than any other people, Jews have been immune to the gospel. Why?

From what I have found, Judaism has a lower opinion of Jesus than any other religion.

Just to demonstrate...

If you are Jewish, can you tell us what you think of Jesus?

Why is only Judaism singled out?
Most Jews might not think about Jesus much at all.

Well... this is the Judaism forum.

So can you answer the question...

For example...

Christians believe Jesus is God incarnate.

Muslims believe Jesus is one of God's highest-ranked and most-beloved prophets.

Etc.

Whereas Maimonides said...

“The first one to have adopted this plan was Jesus the Nazarene, may his bones be ground to dust. He was a Jew because his mother was a Jewess although his father was a Gentile. For in accordance with the principles of our law, a child born of a Jewess and a Gentile, or of a Jewess and a slave, is legitimate. (Yebamot 45a). Jesus is only figuratively termed an illegitimate child. He impelled people to believe that he was a prophet sent by God to clarify perplexities in the Torah, and that he was the Messiah that was predicted by each and every seer. He interpreted the Torah and its precepts in such a fashion as to lead to their total annulment, to the abolition of all its commandments and to the violation of its prohibitions. The sages, of blessed memory, having become aware of his plans before his reputation spread among our people, meted out fitting punishment to him.”

Last edited:
Satanism? Animism? any paganisms? ancestor worshipers? Neo Nazi Odinism? the Democrat party?

Jews I know, have known, or talked to don't seem to think about Jesus much at all - Jesus just isn't on their minds,
and has no significant presence in their Jewish identity, expectations, or Life.
Some have said they like him but don't think he's the Messiah.
Some think He's the Messiah.

Last edited:
From what I have found, Judaism has a lower opinion of Jesus than any other religion.

Just to demonstrate...

If you are Jewish, can you tell us what you think of Jesus?
It's not that we think badly of Jesus. It's that he is entirely irrelevant. Our own religion, our covenant, works just fine without him. He is unneccessary.

What do I personally think of Jesus? He was a nice Jewish man (most of the time) who taught Jews to obey the Torah. He tried to be the messiah and failed. He was executed by the Romans for being an insurrectionist (claiming to be the King of the Jews). His death accomplished nothing.

What good things he teaches are not unique to him -- he depended on the Torah, the Prophets, and the wisdom of the rabbis. Only his claims concerning himself were strange, and quite honestly, it is far more likely that the gospel writers put those words into his mouth than that he actually said them. In short, I don't need Jesus in order to learn the good things that Jesus taught. I have the Law and the Prophets. It's all in there. No Jesus necessary.

Last edited:
Satanism? Animism? any paganisms? ancestor worshipers? Neo Nazi Odinism? the Democrat party?

Jews I know, have known, or talked to don't seem to think about Jesus much at all - Jesus just isn't on their minds,
and has no significant presence in their Jewish identity, expectations, or Life.
Some have said they like him but don't think he's the Messiah.
Some think He's the Messiah.
It's almost exclusively converts that hate Yeshua in modern times.

It's almost
We could ask why not the animosity towards other Messianic claimants like bar Kokhba (sic) that didn't work out, but
I get it - there wasn't the same lasting following and historical result, etc.
It's almost like instead of Him being wounded for His people, He is viewed as wounding them as a people,
so with that in mind I sometimes try to tread lightly on the subject.
Not always here though, it's CARM after all and They are in Our house, but believers in Jesus I think should mindful of things like that.
I don't think its fair to attribute the comments of even very important past Rabbis on every Jew.

Israel survived as He said they would. :)
and you get to write thousands of books and make movies about it and stuff,
Not funny at all AG. I'm quite frankly shocked that you would say what you did about God being behind the persecution of the Jews. I can't think of a more evil thing to say.

God being behind the persecution of the Jews.
I've heard argument here that God is a cause or source of Evil..(?)
certainly He can use Evil towards accomplishing His own ends. I'm not saying the evil isn't evil.
God had said in very explicit detail what Israel would go thru if, not if WHEN, they were dispersed. Deut 28, specifically the bad parts.

Last edited:
certainly He can use Evil towards accomplishing His own ends. I'm not saying the evil isn't evil.
God had said in very explicit detail what Israel would go thru if, not if WHEN, they were dispersed.
You are clearly blaming God for the evil that Christians and Nazis did. That is chillul hashem. Look that up yourself.

After all this time, it appears you are showing your true colors. I don't think you are ever going to dig yourself out of this hole now.

You are clearly blaming
You want to blame me or my ancestors for what ancestors of a People you CONVERTED too went thru, seriously?
Jewish girl magic doesn't work on me:/

Last edited:
God had said in very explicit detail what Israel would go thru if, not if WHEN, they were dispersed. Deut 28, specifically the bad parts.
God allows the choice of evil. He does not condone it. You have made your bed.

Israel is not a country on this earth.
There is more than one use of the word Israel.
1. It can refer to the man, Jacob, who was renamed Israel.
2. It can refer to the tribal people who have descended from that man.
3. It can refer to the united kingdom under David and Solomon.
4. It can refer to the Northern Kingdom, when the united kingdom split.
5. It can refer to the modern nation state that currently exists in the Holy Land.

All of these uses are correct within their context.

You want to blame me or my ancestors for what ancestors of a People you CONVERTED too went thru, seriously?
Jewish girl magic doesn't work on me:/
Say what you will AG, you blamed God for the atrocities the christian church and the nazis perpetrated against the Jews. YOu have blamed the Jews ourselves for the antisemitism against us. That self-reveal is not going to ever go away.

the nation state israel on this earth is Not Gods .

like all countries on this fallen earth it is a ‘kingdom of this world’ - all to be destroyed.
Regardless of your politics, it is correct to refer to that nation state as Israel.

Back