Do you know the real Jesus ?

civic

Below we see there are false christs, another jesus, antichrists, false prophets with false christs etc......

How do we know we have the right Jesus ?

What determines we believe in the real Jesus ?

Matthew 24:24
For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible.

Mark 13:22
For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

2 Corinthians 11:4
For if someone comes and proclaims a Jesus other than the One we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit than the One you received, or a different gospel than the one you accepted, you put up with it way too easily.

You happily put up with whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different kind of Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed. NLT

1 John 2:18
Children, it is the last hour; and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour.

So the question is how do we know the Truth from a Lie concerning the Person of Christ ?

He often asked who do people say that I Am ?

The Apostles in their writings identify who He is in many places.

The Jewish leaders also tried to stone Him several times for His claims.

What were those claims ?

civic

Here are some passages where He claimed to be God and they tried to stone Him

John 5:16-18
So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began to persecute him. 17 In his defense Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.” 18 For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

John 8:58-59

Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am !
59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

John 10:33
"We are not stoning You for any good work," said the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because You, who are a man, declare Yourself to be God."

John 19:7
"We have a law," answered the Jews, "and according to that law He must die, because He declared Himself to be the Son of God."

Gary Mac

Below we see there are false christs, another jesus, antichrists, false prophets with false christs etc......

For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible.

For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

For if someone comes and proclaims a Jesus other than the One we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit than the One you received, or a different gospel than the one you accepted, you put up with it way too easily.

You happily put up with whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different kind of Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed. NLT

Children, it is the last hour; and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour.

So the question is how do we know the Truth from a Lie concerning the Person of Christ ?

What were those claims ?
Yes if one does not have form God the same anointing as Jesus had of God, which is Christ in you, then one is totally antichrist to have. Christ means to be Gods anointed and wither you are of Christ anointed of God or you are not

civic

Yes if one does not have form God the same anointing as Jesus had of God, which is Christ in you, then one is totally antichrist to have. Christ means to be Gods anointed and wither you are of Christ anointed of God or you are not
oh so you agree that the Son is I AM(YHWH).

Jesus said those who CONFESS Me before men I will also CONFESS them before My Father in heaven and those who DENY ME before men I will also deny before My Father in heaven.

John and Paul say one must CONFESS Jesus is YHWH(God) to be saved as per Romans 10:9-13 cf Joel 2:32. See 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 7- the spirit of antichrist cannot CONFESS the above truth.

To Confess

NT:3670 ‎o(mologe/w ‎homologeo (hom-ol-og-eh'-o);

Strong's Concordance

homologeó: to speak the same, to agree

Original Word:
ὁμολογέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: homologeó
Phonetic Spelling: (hom-ol-og-eh'-o)
Definition: to speak the same, to agree
Usage:
(a) I promise, agree, (b) I confess, (c) I publicly declare, (d) a Hebraism, I praise, celebrate.

3670 homologéō (from 3674 /homoú, "together" and 3004 /légō, "speak to a conclusion") – properly, to voice the same conclusion, i.e. agree ("confess"); to profess (confess) because in full agreement; to align with (endorse)

NT:3670
1. homologeo (‎o(mologe/w‎, NT:3670), lit., "to speak the same thing" (homos, "same," lego, "to speak"), "to assent, accord, agree with," denotes, (a) "to confess, declare, admit," John 1:20; e. g., Acts 24:14; Heb 11:13; (b) "to confess by way of admitting oneself guilty of what one is accused of, the result of inward conviction," 1 John 1:9; (c) "to declare openly by way of speaking out freely, such confession being the effect of deep conviction of facts," Matt 7:23; 10:32 (twice) and Luke 12:8 (see next par.); John 9:22; 12:42; Acts 23:8; Rom 10:9-10 ("confession is made"); 1 Tim 6:12 (RV); Titus 1:16; 1 John 2:23; 4:2,15; 2 John 7 (in John's epistle it is the necessary antithesis to Gnostic doceticism); Rev 3:5, in the best mss. (some have No. 2 here); (d) "to confess by way of celebrating with praise," Heb 13:15; (e) "to promise," Matt 14:7.from Vine's Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words, Copyright © 1985, Thomas Nelson Publishers.)

Thayer's Greek Lexicon

STRONGS NT 3670: ὁμολογέω

ὁμολογέω
, ὁμολογῶ; imperfect ὡμολόγουν; future ὁμολογήσω; 1 aorist ὡμολόγησα; present passive 3 person singular ὁμολογεῖται; (from ὁμόλογος, and this from ὁμον and λέγω); from (Sophocles and) Herodotus down;

1. properly, to say the same thing as another, i. e. to agree with, assent, both absolutely and with a dative of the person; often so in Greek writings from Herodotus down; hence,

2. universally, to concede; i. e.

a. not to refuse, i. e. to promise: τίνι τήν ἐπαγγελίαν, Acts 7:17 L T Tr WH (here R. V. vouchsafe); followed by an object. infinitive, Matthew 14:7 (Plato, Demosthenes, Plutarch, others).

b. not to deny, i. e. to confess; declare: joined with οὐκ ἀρνεῖσθαι, followed by direct discourse with recitative ὅτι, John 1:20; followed by ὅτι, Hebrews 11:13; τίνι τί, ὅτι, Acts 24:14; to confess, i. e. to admit or declare oneself guilty of what one is accused of: τάς ἁμαρτίας, 1 John 1:9 (Sir. 4:26).

3. to profess (the difference between the Latin profiteor (`to declare openly and voluntarily') and confiteor (`to declare fully,' implying the yielding or change of one's conviction; cf.pro fessio fidei, confessio peccatorum) is exhibited in Cicero, pro Sest. 51, 109), i. e. to declare openly, speak out freely (A. V. generally confess; on its construction see Buttmann, § 133, 7): (followed by an infinitive, εἰδέναι Θεόν, Titus 1:16); τίνι (cf. Buttmann, as above; Winer's Grammar, § 31, 1 f.) followed by direct discourse with ὅτι recitative, Matthew 7:23; one is said ὁμολογεῖν that of which he is convinced and which he holds to be true (hence, ὁμολογεῖν is distinguished from πιστεύειν in John 12:42; Romans 10:9f): the passive absolute, with στόματι (dative of instrum.) added, Romans 10:10; τί, Acts 23:8; τινα with a predicate accusative (Buttmann, as above), αὐτόν Χριστόν, John 9:22; κύριον (predicate accusative) λησουν, Romans 10:9 (here WH τό ῤῆμα ... ὅτι κύριος etc., L marginal reading Tr marginal reading simply ὅτι etc.; again with ὅτι in 1 John 4:15); Ἰησοῦν Χριστόν ἐν σαρκί ἐληλυθότα (Tr marginal reading WH marginal reading ἐληλυθεναι), 1 John 4:2 and Rec. also in 3 (see below); ἐρχόμενον ἐν σαρκί, 2 John 1:7 (cf. Buttmann, as above; Winer's Grammar, 346 (324)); τινα, to profess oneself the worshipper of one, 1 John 4:3 (here WH marginal reading λύει, cf. Westcott, Epistles of John, p. 156ff) and G L T Tr WH in ; ἐν with a dative of the person (see ἐν, I. 8 c.),

thanks !

Gary Mac

oh so you agree that the Son is I AM(YHWH).
I agree that I am Gods son as well by the same Spirit of God who was in Jesus is in me. one cant be of God without it, not even Jesus could be His son without His SPirit.
Jesus said those who CONFESS Me before men I will also CONFESS them before My Father in heaven and those who DENY ME before men I will also deny before My Father in heaven.
Most confess Jesus is lord but have no intenet in following him to be like him. He cant confess to his God that what you dont have from him.
John and Paul say one must CONFESS Jesus is YHWH(God) to be saved as per Romans 10:9-13 cf Joel 2:32. See 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 7- the spirit of antichrist cannot CONFESS the above truth.
Jesus said to have from God the same SPirit be in you who was in Him. He in you and you in Him as one as he was one in the Father and the Father in him as one. John 17. The spirit of antichrist will not let you be as he is and perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. In fact most everone who confessing to be Christian flat out deny Jesus in his commandment for you to be. Totally antichrist his perfections to be yourself.
To Confess

NT:3670 ‎o(mologe/w ‎homologeo (hom-ol-og-eh'-o);

Strong's Concordance

homologeó: to speak the same, to agree

Original Word:
ὁμολογέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: homologeó
Phonetic Spelling: (hom-ol-og-eh'-o)
Definition: to speak the same, to agree
Usage:
(a) I promise, agree, (b) I confess, (c) I publicly declare, (d) a Hebraism, I praise, celebrate.

3670 homologéō (from 3674 /homoú, "together" and 3004 /légō, "speak to a conclusion") – properly, to voice the same conclusion, i.e. agree ("confess"); to profess (confess) because in full agreement; to align with (endorse)

NT:3670
1. homologeo (‎o(mologe/w‎, NT:3670), lit., "to speak the same thing" (homos, "same," lego, "to speak"), "to assent, accord, agree with," denotes, (a) "to confess, declare, admit," John 1:20; e. g., Acts 24:14; Heb 11:13; (b) "to confess by way of admitting oneself guilty of what one is accused of, the result of inward conviction," 1 John 1:9; (c) "to declare openly by way of speaking out freely, such confession being the effect of deep conviction of facts," Matt 7:23; 10:32 (twice) and Luke 12:8 (see next par.); John 9:22; 12:42; Acts 23:8; Rom 10:9-10 ("confession is made"); 1 Tim 6:12 (RV); Titus 1:16; 1 John 2:23; 4:2,15; 2 John 7 (in John's epistle it is the necessary antithesis to Gnostic doceticism); Rev 3:5, in the best mss. (some have No. 2 here); (d) "to confess by way of celebrating with praise," Heb 13:15; (e) "to promise," Matt 14:7.from Vine's Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words, Copyright © 1985, Thomas Nelson Publishers.)

Thayer's Greek Lexicon

STRONGS NT 3670: ὁμολογέω

ὁμολογέω
, ὁμολογῶ; imperfect ὡμολόγουν; future ὁμολογήσω; 1 aorist ὡμολόγησα; present passive 3 person singular ὁμολογεῖται; (from ὁμόλογος, and this from ὁμον and λέγω); from (Sophocles and) Herodotus down;

1. properly, to say the same thing as another, i. e. to agree with, assent, both absolutely and with a dative of the person; often so in Greek writings from Herodotus down; hence,

2. universally, to concede; i. e.

a. not to refuse, i. e. to promise: τίνι τήν ἐπαγγελίαν, Acts 7:17 L T Tr WH (here R. V. vouchsafe); followed by an object. infinitive, Matthew 14:7 (Plato, Demosthenes, Plutarch, others).

b. not to deny, i. e. to confess; declare: joined with οὐκ ἀρνεῖσθαι, followed by direct discourse with recitative ὅτι, John 1:20; followed by ὅτι, Hebrews 11:13; τίνι τί, ὅτι, Acts 24:14; to confess, i. e. to admit or declare oneself guilty of what one is accused of: τάς ἁμαρτίας, 1 John 1:9 (Sir. 4:26).

3. to profess (the difference between the Latin profiteor (`to declare openly and voluntarily') and confiteor (`to declare fully,' implying the yielding or change of one's conviction; cf.pro fessio fidei, confessio peccatorum) is exhibited in Cicero, pro Sest. 51, 109), i. e. to declare openly, speak out freely (A. V. generally confess; on its construction see Buttmann, § 133, 7): (followed by an infinitive, εἰδέναι Θεόν, Titus 1:16); τίνι (cf. Buttmann, as above; Winer's Grammar, § 31, 1 f.) followed by direct discourse with ὅτι recitative, Matthew 7:23; one is said ὁμολογεῖν that of which he is convinced and which he holds to be true (hence, ὁμολογεῖν is distinguished from πιστεύειν in John 12:42; Romans 10:9f): the passive absolute, with στόματι (dative of instrum.) added, Romans 10:10; τί, Acts 23:8; τινα with a predicate accusative (Buttmann, as above), αὐτόν Χριστόν, John 9:22; κύριον (predicate accusative) λησουν, Romans 10:9 (here WH τό ῤῆμα ... ὅτι κύριος etc., L marginal reading Tr marginal reading simply ὅτι etc.; again with ὅτι in 1 John 4:15); Ἰησοῦν Χριστόν ἐν σαρκί ἐληλυθότα (Tr marginal reading WH marginal reading ἐληλυθεναι), 1 John 4:2 and Rec. also in 3 (see below); ἐρχόμενον ἐν σαρκί, 2 John 1:7 (cf. Buttmann, as above; Winer's Grammar, 346 (324)); τινα, to profess oneself the worshipper of one, 1 John 4:3 (here WH marginal reading λύει, cf. Westcott, Epistles of John, p. 156ff) and G L T Tr WH in ; ἐν with a dative of the person (see ἐν, I. 8 c.),

thanks !
Most confess their sin but never repent from them.

civic

I agree that I am Gods son as well by the same Spirit of God who was in Jesus is in me. one cant be of God without it, not even Jesus could be His son without His SPirit.

Most confess Jesus is lord but have no intenet in following him to be like him. He cant confess to his God that what you dont have from him.

Jesus said to have from God the same SPirit be in you who was in Him. He in you and you in Him as one as he was one in the Father and the Father in him as one. John 17. The spirit of antichrist will not let you be as he is and perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. In fact most everone who confessing to be Christian flat out deny Jesus in his commandment for you to be. Totally antichrist his perfections to be yourself.

Most confess their sin but never repent from them.
I see so you cannot confess Jesus is YHWH( Lord) and be saved. Thank you for admitting it gary.

Gary Mac

I see so you cannot confess Jesus is YHWH( Lord) and be saved. Thank you for admitting it gary.
Many believe in Jesus for salvation but never experience the salvation that Jesus leads us to in the Father. Jesus is Lord only if you follow him to Gods salvation which is Christ in you, You and the Father as one, same mind,same walk as He walks in it. perfect even as your Father in ehaven is perfect. If one s not these things then Jesus is not your lord at all, you dictate to him your will to lord over him in his will for you to be lie the Father of it and in His same image as Jesus was in His same image. Are you rally saved and like Him or are you oinly saved according to your own rules to regulate your salvation civic?

civic

Many believe in Jesus for salvation but never experience the salvation that Jesus leads us to in the Father. Jesus is Lord only if you follow him to Gods salvation which is Christ in you, You and the Father as one, same mind,same walk as He walks in it. perfect even as your Father in ehaven is perfect. If one s not these things then Jesus is not your lord at all, you dictate to him your will to lord over him in his will for you to be lie the Father of it and in His same image as Jesus was in His same image. Are you rally saved and like Him or are you oinly saved according to your own rules to regulate your salvation civic?
and Lord means God/YHWH.

hope this helps !!!

Redeemed

What were those claims ?

He makes Himself real to you. Like Paul on the road to Damascus. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

You just need to test the spirits:

BELOVED, DO not put faith in every spirit, but prove (test) the spirits to discover whether they proceed from God; for many false prophets have gone forth into the world.​
2 By this you may know (perceive and recognize) the Spirit of God: every spirit which acknowledges and confesses [the fact] that Jesus Christ (the Messiah) [actually] has become man and has come in the flesh is of God [has God for its source];
3 And every spirit which does not acknowledge and confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh [but would annul, destroy, sever, disunite Him] is not of God [does not proceed from Him]. This [nonconfession] is the [spirit] of the antichrist, [of] which you heard that it was coming, and now it is already in the world.
4 Little children, you are of God [you belong to Him] and have [already] defeated and overcome them [the agents of the antichrist], because He Who lives in you is greater (mightier) than he who is in the world.
5 They proceed from the world and are of the world; therefore it is out of the world [its whole economy morally considered] that they speak, and the world listens (pays attention) to them.
6 We are [children] of God. Whoever is learning to know God [progressively to perceive, recognize, and understand God by observation and experience, and to get an ever-clearer knowledge of Him] listens to us; and he who is not of God does not listen or pay attention to us. By this we know (recognize) the Spirit of Truth and the spirit of error. 1 John 4:1–6

John warns us not to believe everything we hear. There are many prophets and teachers who journey from church to church—all of them claiming some special secret.

I sure your expert at spotting them. We would get a few at Set Free Church Yucaipa ca. from time to time but they didn't last long at all. We were all to street wise to fall for any of that boogie woogie.

John gives a simple test for what these teachers say. If their message is that Jesus Christ has come ‘in the flesh’, then this is a true and balanced understanding of the gospel. Jesus is truly the Christ, and has fully entered our human nature and experience.

There are only two spirits who inspire prophets and teachers. There is the Spirit of God and the spirit of the antichrist. The antichrist is the devil who denies Jesus and opposes his work.

Which spirit will win? John assures us that the Holy Spirit of God within us is more powerful than the spirit of the antichrist, which is in the rebellious world and a few carm posters.

civic

He makes Himself real to you. Like Paul on the road to Damascus. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

BELOVED, DO not put faith in every spirit, but prove (test) the spirits to discover whether they proceed from God; for many false prophets have gone forth into the world.​
2 By this you may know (perceive and recognize) the Spirit of God: every spirit which acknowledges and confesses [the fact] that Jesus Christ (the Messiah) [actually] has become man and has come in the flesh is of God [has God for its source];
3 And every spirit which does not acknowledge and confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh [but would annul, destroy, sever, disunite Him] is not of God [does not proceed from Him]. This [nonconfession] is the [spirit] of the antichrist, [of] which you heard that it was coming, and now it is already in the world.
4 Little children, you are of God [you belong to Him] and have [already] defeated and overcome them [the agents of the antichrist], because He Who lives in you is greater (mightier) than he who is in the world.
5 They proceed from the world and are of the world; therefore it is out of the world [its whole economy morally considered] that they speak, and the world listens (pays attention) to them.
6 We are [children] of God. Whoever is learning to know God [progressively to perceive, recognize, and understand God by observation and experience, and to get an ever-clearer knowledge of Him] listens to us; and he who is not of God does not listen or pay attention to us. By this we know (recognize) the Spirit of Truth and the spirit of error. 1 John 4:1–6

John warns us not to believe everything we hear. There are many prophets and teachers who journey from church to church—all of them claiming some special secret.

I sure your expert at spotting them. We would get a few at Set Free Church Yucaipa ca. from time to time but they didn't last long at all. We were all to street wise to fall for any of that boogie woogie.

John gives a simple test for what these teachers say. If their message is that Jesus Christ has come ‘in the flesh’, then this is a true and balanced understanding of the gospel. Jesus is truly the Christ, and has fully entered our human nature and experience.

There are only two spirits who inspire prophets and teachers. There is the Spirit of God and the spirit of the antichrist. The antichrist is the devil who denies Jesus and opposes his work.

Which spirit will win? John assures us that the Holy Spirit of God within us is more powerful than the spirit of the antichrist, which is in the rebellious world and a few carm posters.
Good post and here it my perspective on the spirit if antichrist and what it means to confess Christ has come in the flesh.

The number one test to distinguish truth for error and the Spirit of God from that of the spirit of antichrist is the confession of our divine Lord Jesus Christ. Every spirit that confesses Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God. There is one thing the spirit of antichrist will deny and that is they will deny the deity of Jesus Christ. They will deny God in human flesh. They will always deny the Incarnation which was permanent. When a person affirms that Jesus Christ is God in flesh that equates to divine truth. Every spirit that confesses meaning to continually confess or agrees with saying the same thing as John declares in his writings is from God. This is the person who is taught by the Spirit of God according to John. The first test that you want to have for any teacher is their Christology, check out what they say about Christ. This becomes a litmus test that is very easy to spot among the false teachers. If you have somebody who denies the deity of Christ you have a clear indication they are of the spirit of antichrist.

If we go back to the beginning of 1 John, we read that which we he beheld, and actually touched concerning the Word of life. That is a term expressing the very deity of Christ. Christ emanates from God as His living Word. He was with the Father in the beginning in 1:2. Jesus was One with the Father sharing the same essence with the Father in heaven with Him before the foundation of the world. John says He was manifested to us. John's language then starts out with the fact that Jesus Christ emanates from God as the very living Word of God. Jesus is the living Word of God,the One John says that was from the beginning that we heard, we saw and we touched. Jesus the Word of life was the eternal One who was with the Father prior to His Incarnation and was then manifested to us in the flesh that we could see and hear and touch according to John. Therefore, we can clearly see Jesus is the very Word of God Incarnate. He is the eternal life who became flesh. The Word who was with God, the Word who was God, was the One who John says was manifested to us. This is how we can tell the spirit of truth from the spirit of antichrist.

1 John 4:2
By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;

2 John 1:7

For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Erchomenon the present participle in 2 John 7 is translated coming which means a present and ongoing reality. See these Renown Greek Scholars below :

Alford
- the present tense is timeless(pg 274 RNTC on 2 John)

Brooke- the Incarnation is not only an event in history, it is an abiding truth(pg 274 RNTC on 2 John)

Stott- the two natures manhood and Godhood were united already at His birth, never to be divided. In 1 John 4:2 and here in 2 John 7 emphasizes this permanent union of the natures in the One Person ( TNTC pages 209-210) He who denies the Incarnation is not just a deceiver and an antichrist but “the deceiver and the antichrist”. There is in this heresy a double affront: it opposes Christ and deceives men.(stott TNCT page 210)

Marshall- the use of the present and perfect tenses becomes significant if the point is that Jesus Christ had come and still existed “in flesh”. For him(John) it was axiomatic that there had been a true Incarnation, that the word became flesh and remained flesh. It is a point that receives much stress in 1 John 2:18-28;4:1-6;5:5-8. (NICNT pages 70-71)

Smalley- the present tense emphasizes the permanent union of the human and Divine natures in Jesus. Gods self disclosure in Jesus took place at a particular moment in history , but it has continuing effects in the present and into the future(Word Biblical Commentary page 317)

Nicoll- the continuous manifestation of the Incarnate Christ(Expositors Greek Testament Volume 5 page 202)

Akin- Much has been made of the fact that John uses the present tense in this Christological confession. Literally the verse reads, “Jesus Christ coming in flesh.” “Coming” is a present active participle. This stands out in remarkable contrast to the affirmation of 1 John 4:2, where the text states that “Jesus Christ has [emphasis mine] come in the flesh.” There the perfect active participle is used. The key, it seems, is to discover what John is affirming. Here in 2 John the emphasis falls on the abiding reality of the incarnation. First John 4:2 teaches that the Christ, the Father’s Son (v. 3), has come in the flesh. Second John affirms that the wedding of deity and humanity has an abiding reality (cf. 1 Tim 2:5). The ontological and essential nature of the incarnation that would receive eloquent expression one thousand years later in the writing of St. Anselm (1033–1109) in his classic Cur Deus Homo is already present in seed form in the tiny and neglected letter of 2 John.

Lenski- In 1 John 4:2 we have ἐν σαρκὶ ἐληλυθότα, the perfect participle, “as having come in flesh” (incarnate, John 1:14); here we have ἐρχόμενον ἐν σαρκί, “as coming in flesh,” although the participle is present in form it is really timeless of Christ as "still being manifested.

Robertson
- That Jesus Christ cometh in the flesh Ieesoun ‎‎Christon ‎‎erchomenon ‎‎en ‎‎sarki‎. "Jesus Christ coming in the flesh." Present middle participle of ‎erchomai treating the Incarnation as a continuing fact which the Docetic Gnostics flatly denied. In 1 John 4:2 we have ‎eleeluthota ‎(perfect active participle) in this same construction with ‎homologeoo‎, because there the reference is to the definite historical fact of the Incarnation.

hope this helps !!!

Gary Mac

Not like Paul on the road to Damascus at all. but like Jesus in Matt 3:16 when God came to him and opend all of His heaven to that man. and do the same in you.