Do you support Democracy as the best system of govt for the USA?

Yakuda

Are you seriously suggesting that one of the richest nations in the world can't afford to pay to look after it's children?
Oh course it can but why should it support YOUR children? They are YOURS! Oh that's right you're a leftist you think children belong to the govt. My bad.

Last edited:

Carol

Oh course it can but why should it support YOUR children? They are YOURS! Oh that's right you're a leftist you think children belong to the govt. My bad.

If a woman gets pregnant and decides to have the child we should all help support it.
If a woman gets pregnant and decides not to have the child we should help pay for the "health care" to have it killed.

And if you disagree you must be a misogynist.

Hypatia_Alexandria

No politicians and judges.

The very last thing I care about are experts. I'd rather have people with common sense than an expert.
You could use a rota system and, on a biennial basis every citizen would take a turn at being in the government. Two citizens from each state for the Senate and nine from each state for the House - rounding the House up to 450 members.

docphin5

It goes much deeper than that, but yes, You are right on all points. Americans are being deceived. They wont know until its too late and they no longer are the default currency. Then they will really know inflation....

Unless the elitsts call on global default to all loans? By then they will own everything anyways.

Why would they need more money?
The rich don’t think like the average person who are content with a modest amount to meet their needs. The ”elites” as you say, are motivated by greed. They want it all even if it results in others having little to nothing.

“Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you...

You have laid up treasure in the last days. Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts. You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter. You have condemned and murdered the righteous person. He does not resist you.”
(James 5)

I do not mean to imply that westerners in europe and americas are all poor, for people in developing countries (eg Africa, Asia) are truly poor. But western lifestyle is built on debt, both government owned and privately owned. It is a fragile system and there is a growing wealth gap between the super rich and everyone else.

Western democracies are sick, like a patient whose arteries are clogged with plaques. It does not take much to cause a heart attack.

Debt may also be a corrupting influence on the average person. I am not sure it is good for the individual‘s soul/mind to owe a lot of money to others versus live within one’s means. We think we are better off by borrowing but are we really? Debt, if abused, is arguably a form of slavery.

I'd assume to keep people under submission....

Last edited:

vibise

Good point, but I don't think making NK a democracy would fix that. If God made NK a democracy tomorrow, the people would just vote themselves back into dictatorship.
Correct. You cannot force democracy on people who don't understand it and did not make this decision themselves.

vibise

Are you seriously suggesting that one of the richest nations in the world can't afford to pay to look after it's children?
Our greatest national treasure is - our people. And we need to provide them with the tools to thrive and become responsible, educated and productive citizens. All the evidence indicates that early childhood education sets kids on this path.

If people think that this would be too expensive, they should consider the alternative - children with lower educational levels, poor preparation for the job market and more interactions with the criminal justice system. THAT is what is more expensive.

Yakuda

If a woman gets pregnant and decides to have the child we should all help support it.
If a woman gets pregnant and decides not to have the child we should help pay for the "health care" to have it killed.

And if you disagree you must be a misogynist.
I haven't yet had anyone present a logical argument for why we should support other people's kids.