Does a saved person break the word of wisdom?

Markk

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Doubling down would be condemning people to hell for breaking the Word of Wisdom. No one in our church except maybe Utah members have done that.

Not really. I'm just pointing out the mindset of Utah members is a little too literal. They tend to judge people by standards that don't exist. Kind of like the standard ex-Mormons judge us by.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Well, you know what they say about the word, assume, right?

:rolleyes:
I think you mean read in the context you create, but let's see. As I thought, a big nothing burger.

Yes. I just said they can.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
What's the Utah Mormon answer? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I'm sure you know already. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Are you now the thought police? What is "LDS thought"? I'm thinking that whatever you're thinking isn't LDS thought. What are your thoughts on that? :rolleyes:

I can't tell from your big nothing burger what you think God was thinking. Now, I'm not even sure you know what you are thinking.
Typically, there is no substance here…but I have to ask a question about Utah Mormonism and what ever other type of Mormonism you are comparing it to?

It kinda ironic that you lean towards a Adam God slash BY theology proper…which is certainly early “utah sect” theology proper. Most every GA have been Utah based after the exodus from Illinois and Missouri. So please expound on this?

You are obviously from the south, at least that is my guess, is that a fair guess?

So anyways, please let me know what type of Mormonism you are comparing Utah Mormonism too?

Last edited:

brotherofJared

That brings up an interesting point. In the mormon culture, mormons often convince themselves they’re on the right path simply for being Mormon.
How do u know that? R u in a position to judge whether a person actually is "on the right path"? I don't think so. Maybe u do but if u do then I believe u just convinced yourself. 🙄
Or that you keep the word of wisdom even though you’re vaping your guts out.
No one vapes their guts out. 🙄
It’s all ok, because you’re “reconciled,” you’re Mormon, you’re special. You’ll get away with it.
In my experience that is exactly the mentality of our critics. They don't need to worry about any of those things but they all seem to think that they can do what they want because they are already saved and there's nothing they can do to change it. What's the phrase? The work has been been done completely for me on the cross.

It's okay to commit adultery if I don't love my spouse, it's okay to steal from people because they took advantage of me. It's okay to kill someone because they hold views that I disagree with. It's okay to bear false witness because they need to be stopped. Justifying ones actions when u know what ur doing is wrong doesn't make it right and those who do will suffer the consequences regardless of what they think God did for them on the cross. When u know it is wrong and u do it anyway, regardless of the reason/excuse used, it's still wrong.

Here's the thing. God doesn't need to punish anyone for sins. The consequences for sins are naturally occurring. God doesn't make them happen. Commit the sin and the consequences will follow. God has been kind enough to point out the only path to happiness. Follow it and be happy or don't and be unhappy. Our actions will always catch up to is.

I don't think anyone can disparage the harm that comes through disobeying the word of wisdom. Use tobacco and suffer the consequences. Stop paying tithing and suffer the consequences, be immoral and suffer the consequences. It doesn't matter what u think reasons for doing the right thing is, whether it be for health or religion, or fidelity or religion, the consequences are the same. Keep them and live happy don't and suffer misery and darkness.

It seems pretty simple to me.

Markk

I didn't include any of the rest of ur post. I see a bunch of question marks but no questions other than where I'm from. The answer to that is none of ur business.
Obviously you are not from Utah the way you bash Utah Mormons…it is a public form, and while it is technically none of my business, it raises a curiosity. My guess is Georgia or Alabama, but just a guess.

Magdalena

This is what I think Gods idea of reconciliation is... Repent and forsake and keep doing that until u really forsake.
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

Magdalena

How do u know that? R u in a position to judge whether a person actually is "on the right path"? I don't think so. Maybe u do but if u do then I believe u just convinced yourself. 🙄
Christ gave us the right path. He said it doesn’t include false prophets.

No one vapes their guts out. 🙄
The point was apparently lost on you. It’s the act of disobedience.

In my experience that is exactly the mentality of our critics. They don't need to worry about any of those things but they all seem to think that they can do what they want because they are already saved and there's nothing they can do to change it. What's the phrase? The work has been been done completely for me on the cross.
Not even remotely true.

It's okay to commit adultery if I don't love my spouse, it's okay to steal from people because they took advantage of me. It's okay to kill someone because they hold views that I disagree with. It's okay to bear false witness because they need to be stopped. Justifying ones actions when u know what ur doing is wrong doesn't make it right and those who do will suffer the consequences regardless of what they think God did for them on the cross. When u know it is wrong and u do it anyway, regardless of the reason/excuse used, it's still wrong.
Mormons should stop doing that.

Here's the thing. God doesn't need to punish anyone for sins. The consequences for sins are naturally occurring. God doesn't make them happen. Commit the sin and the consequences will follow. God has been kind enough to point out the only path to happiness. Follow it and be happy or don't and be unhappy. Our actions will always catch up to is.
You’ve been advocating not having to follow the Mormon rules in these discussions. Now you’ve changed your tune when it suits your argument.

I don't think anyone can disparage the harm that comes through disobeying the word of wisdom. Use tobacco and suffer the consequences. Stop paying tithing and suffer the consequences, be immoral and suffer the consequences. It doesn't matter what u think reasons for doing the right thing is, whether it be for health or religion, or fidelity or religion, the consequences are the same. Keep them and live happy don't and suffer misery and darkness.

It seems pretty simple to me.
Your leaders said it’s the act of disobedience that will bring eternal consequences.

Theo1689

That brings up an interesting point. In the mormon culture, mormons often convince themselves they’re on the right path simply for being Mormon.

It seems to me that BoJ proves the point.

He can throw all his "prophets" under the bus (even the ones he's completely ignorant of, such as SWK), hold to his own novel teachings and think he's "on the right path".

Why?
Because he's a Mormon.

In my experience that is exactly the mentality of our critics.

1) What your "critics" believe is OFF-TOPIC.
2) Your claim is FALSE.

All you're doing is admitting that Mormonism is false and bankrupt, and that you can't defend it, and that's why you have to try to DERAIL discussion away from Mormonism, and try to attack Christianity instead, since you KNOW you can't defend Mormonism.

They don't need to worry about any of those things but they all seem to think that they can do what they want because they are already saved

That is NOT what we believe.
But what we believe is OFF-TOPIC.

It's okay to commit adultery if I don't love my spouse,
it's okay to steal from people because they took advantage of me.
It's okay to kill someone because they hold views that I disagree with.
It's okay to bear false witness because they need to be stopped.

Thank you for admitting that this is what YOU (and Mormons) believe, since YOU are the one who is saying, "it's okay" to commit those sins.

But that is NOT what Christians believe.
And what Christians believe is OFF-TOPIC.

Try to get back to discussing MORMONISM.

Theo1689

Magdalena said:
You can’t reconcile yourself with God by your works. You will always mess up.
That's a really sad way to look at life. I feel sorry for those who see it that way.

It's only "sad" to those who suffer from pride, and don't want to admit that they can't "work" their way to heaven through their own efforts.

But you really should try believing the BIBLE:

Eph. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

2Tim. 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Rom. 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. 6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

Rom. 11:5 So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace. 6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.

Fenuay

It's only "sad" to those who suffer from pride, and don't want to admit that they can't "work" their way to heaven through their own efforts.

But you really should try believing the BIBLE:

Eph. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

2Tim. 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Rom. 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. 6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

Rom. 11:5 So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace. 6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.
Works are a result of faith! And works cannot save a man!!! Grace through faith saves! 🙂

Last edited: