Does anyone remember a Catholic poster on here years ago

I think you are worried that the Catholic Church IS the Body of Christ.

Say, I didn't know you were a Mormon, the attributes sound awful familiar.

JoeT
No chance of that it is not spotless and it has bad fruit. This proves it is the bad tree.

You probably remember the jw's and 1975. The sect was promoting 1975 as the time when Jesus would return. Jw's sold their homes, quit their jobs and then nothing. 1975 came and went and they all had to rethink their church. I honestly don't know what happened to them all but i'm sure many were disillusioned and never went back. Catholics here have been shown repeatedly that their church's teaching is wrong. They need to pray and lean on God to bring them to the truth.
Didn't you hear the news? According to some sources that I have heard, Jesus has returned and is now is living in Brooklyn, NY

Bonnie said:
I asked this question on here a couple of boards ago, and several thought it was WarriorForJesus. I remember someone named Marilynn on here who wrote that, but probably, after we got new boards in early 2010, I think she may have changed her name to WarriorForJesus.

But whatever, it just shows me that some Catholics equate their church with God, or make it equal to God, in their minds. But then, getting a Catholic to admit that its church teaches falsely would be like trying to pull impacted wisdom teeth with eye tweezers...come to think of it, pulling those teeth would probably be easier!
no, no believer is worried about that. they are part of the Body of Christ.

JoeT
they should, they're catholic. the LDS is much like it.

You probably remember the jw's and 1975. The sect was promoting 1975 as the time when Jesus would return. Jw's sold their homes, quit their jobs and then nothing. 1975 came and went and they all had to rethink their church. I honestly don't know what happened to them all but i'm sure many were disillusioned and never went back. Catholics here have been shown repeatedly that their church's teaching is wrong. They need to pray and lean on God to bring them to the truth.
i remember about the JWs and 1975, reading about their beliefs in the newspaper and thinking what poor, deluded people they were. But that statement by WFJ really, truly shocked me. Getting them to admit to any error is almost impossible. They must defend mother church at all costs--even at the cost of the truth.

Baloney from the Catholic deli! Not worried at all. But even if your church is the body of Christ, that doesn't make it equal to God, or infallible. It is still run by sinful human beings.
Actually, it is YOUR church that has attributes similar to Mormonism, as Matt Slick has documented.

My beliefs are NOTHING like the Mormons! But discussing those would be off-topic for this board, wouldn't it?

Spare us the persecution complex. I heard it too. If the rcc was found to be a false church they would become an atheist. Its relying on a church not on Christ.

RPO;

Wow! But you are correct--that is putting one's faith in one's church body, rather than in Christ Jesus Himself. One can fully believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and God and Savior, without membership in any formal, organized church body.

And what thread isn't an attempt at Catholic bashing?

JoeT
If anything is bashed, it is your church's many false teachings. THAT is what most of our arguments on here are about.

The OP isn't bashing anyone. I just thought and still do, how incredibly sad it is that a Catholic would rather become an Atheist, instead of admitting that the RCC he or she has membership in, has taught falsehoods. That to me shows that in their minds, they equate their church institution with God.

I remember that statement, but I don't think that it was WarriorforJesus that made it.

What church is more Bible-based than the Catholic church?
Plenty. Like my church body, the LCMS. And the WELS church. The more conservative Baptist and Presbyterian churches, and the more conservative Anglican churches. Calvary Chapel. Lots out there far more focused on the Bible and teaching it than your church is. But that is for another discussion board.

Last edited:
I think it was WFJ and her name was Marilyn. The first principles underlying the Catholic Church and it’s teaching are so different than those underlying modern Protestantism that it’s nearly impossible for Protestants to understand a rhetorical statement like that.
What is so "rhetorical" about the statement? She was dead serious. But it shows us that she put more faith in her church than in Jesus Christ. IF her church taught falsehood, then that meant that God didn't exist. Yet, both Jesus Christ and Paul warned us about wolves invading the church and teaching destructive heresies, leading even, if possible, the elect astray. We have seen that happen in many different churches, besides the RCC--like in most of the televangelists today. But that is for another board.

What is so "rhetorical" about the statement? She was dead serious. But it shows us that she put more faith in her church than in Jesus Christ. IF her church taught falsehood, then that meant that God didn't exist. Yet, both Jesus Christ and Paul warned us about wolves invading the church and teaching destructive heresies, leading even, if possible, the elect astray. We have seen that happen in many different churches, besides the RCC--like in most of the televangelists today. But that is for another board.
The question I have is how do we determine what doctrines are true and which are false?

Yet, both Jesus Christ and Paul warned us about wolves invading the church...
Yes, they do warn us. Notice that they warn that 'wolves will invade the church'. Of which church are they speaking? The one Jesus gave us? Any random self-professed Bible-believing church? Where do they tell Christians to then leave that church that Jesus gave them and start another one?
leading even, if possible, the elect astray.
Astray to where? And what are they leaving? They're leaving the church that Jesus gave us and starting their own. The one's who leave the church are the ones who are being led astray. Of course, they could always stay in the church and not start their own. But the church is still there and the deposit of faith is still the same, wolves and strayers notwithstanding.

Yes, they do warn us. Notice that they warn that 'wolves will invade the church'. Of which church are they speaking? The one Jesus gave us? Any random self-professed Bible-believing church? Where do they tell Christians to then leave that church that Jesus gave them and start another one?

Astray to where? And what are they leaving? They're leaving the church that Jesus gave us and starting their own. The one's who leave the church are the ones who are being led astray. Of course, they could always stay in the church and not start their own. But the church is still there and the deposit of faith is still the same, wolves and strayers notwithstanding.
Yes, that is why Jesus gave us the Pope and Magisterium to shepherd his sheep.

the rcc has never been His church. nor can you post a verse from scripture that mentions it. nor can you post a verse where Jesus or an apostle mentions a 'pope' / 1 man leader over all believers. nor where an apostle taught something not supported by scripture etc.
there's a reason catholics don't know or understand scripture - the rcc doesn't teach the truth in it. that's why we were taught as catholic kids we didn't need to read it, that they would teach us what we needed to know. they indoctrinated us with its false teachings. almost everything was about the rcc, pope and Mary, not what was written in scripture.

the rcc, pope and Mary are not Christ, they save no one - nor does water baptism. confessing your sins to a priest and saying a few canned rcc prayers causes no one's sins to be forgiven. you cannot post a vs where an apostle listened to a list of someone's sins, gave them a few canned prayers to say and proclaimed their sins were forgiven. most 'sins' catholics 'confess' aren't even 'sin' to God, they were made up by the rcc men.

what the apostles did teach was the gospel by which we are saved. those who heard it and accepted it in their heart were forgiven. those who rejected it from their heart did not have their sins forgiven. the rcc doesn't teach that or catholics would know it. even when it's posted here or a catholic hears it they ignore it, it means nothing to their hardened hearts, only what the rcc teaches registers with them. they are in bondage to men, not Christ.

what catholics need to confess direct to Him is the sin of unbelief and spiritual adultery.

Yes, that is why Jesus gave us the Pope and Magisterium to shepherd his sheep.
No Jesus didn't, He did not give us leaders that would harm the sheep as your leaders have done, He did not give us leaders who would allow sin to flourish and not expose it, He did not give us liars as leaders, He did not give us false teachers. Your leaders harm the sheep, lie, hid sin and allow it to flourish, they do not expose it, they lie and they teach false doctrines.

No Jesus didn't, He did not give us leaders that would harm the sheep as your leaders have done, He did not give us leaders who would allow sin to flourish and not expose it, He did not give us liars as leaders, He did not give us false teachers. Your leaders harm the sheep, lie, hid sin and allow it to flourish, they do not expose it, they lie and they teach false doctrines.
Jesus would not give us leaders that would allow its members to pray to Mary for help and comfort and salvation, or call Mary the "only hope for sinners" and encourage devotion to her, instead of to Jesus Christ. He would not give us a church body that approved of DiLiguori's book The Glories of Mary, and allowed it to be published, or make him a saint and doctor of the RCC church....

Yes, they do warn us. Notice that they warn that 'wolves will invade the church'. Of which church are they speaking?

Any church that has become corrupted by error--like yours. Joel Osteen's....Kenneth Copeland....Creflo Dollar....ELCA....and others.
The one Jesus gave us? Any random self-professed Bible-believing church? Where do they tell Christians to then leave that church that Jesus gave them and start another one?

Jesus didn't give us the RCC. The church is the rule of Jesus Christ in the heart of every true believer, regardless of denominational affiliation.
Astray to where? And what are they leaving? They're leaving the church that Jesus gave us and starting their own.

Baloney. They flee a false church that teaches false doctrines and has for many centuries. And where are they "starting their own"? Many who leave you church research and join bible-believing and teaching churches.
The one's who leave the church are the ones who are being led astray.

No, the ones who leave your church for one that rightly divides the word of truth and teaches it--your church does neither.
Of course, they could always stay in the church and not start their own.

They could--and not get the spiritual nourishment their souls may crave.
But the church is still there and the deposit of faith is still the same, wolves and strayers notwithstanding.
Yes, the wolves are still in your church and those wolves still teach contrary to Scripture.

Now, back to the OP...just a question for you--if your church started teaching false doctrines that even Catholics had to admit was false, would you be like WFJ/Marilyn and become an Atheist?

Last edited:
Any church that has become corrupted by error--like yours. Joel Osteen's....Kenneth Copeland....Creflo Dollar....ELCA....and others.
What gives you that authoritative certainty that all of us are corrupted but your church isn't? Who declared that that makes you so certain of it?

Back