Does Childhood Religiosity Delay Death?

SteveB

Because it's a site for discussion/argument/debate and like many other atheists, I'd like to see you start talking to them, instead of at them.
Yet you're neither discussing, arguing, nor debating.
You're complaining.
I describe what is entailed in biblical christianity and how to know YHVH.

I've asked numerous questions that typically get the whine. This tells me that the people who I've asked questions of don't actually want to be understood.

Failure to let me understand results in being talked AT.
So, if you're going to continue to complain, you're running yourself around in circles.

For someone who doesn't want you insulting and attacking me, I'm very good at pointing out where you do it.
The only thing you're doing is complaining.

If you actually want to engage in discussion, then discuss.

Right now, I'm just reading whine. And it's not that interesting.
If I were to compare it to actual wine, it's like drinking Mad-dog 20-20.
Vomit wine.

Electric Skeptic

Yet you're neither discussing, arguing, nor debating.
You're complaining.
I describe what is entailed in biblical christianity and how to know YHVH.
I've asked numerous questions that typically get the whine. This tells me that the people who I've asked questions of don't actually want to be understood.
Failure to let me understand results in being talked AT.
So, if you're going to continue to complain, you're running yourself around in circles.
The only thing you're doing is complaining.
If you actually want to engage in discussion, then discuss.
Right now, I'm just reading whine. And it's not that interesting.
If I were to compare it to actual wine, it's like drinking Mad-dog 20-20.
Vomit wine.
Every atheist on here says the same things to you about you that I do. We don't say it about any other Christian poster, so it's not just that atheists make the same complaint about all Christians.

Your response is always to attack. Does it ever cross your mind at all that we might be right? Ever? That we - the atheists you claim to be trying to communicate with - are the best ones to tell you whether and how well you are actually communicating with us? Ever?

SteveB

Every atheist on here says the same things to you about you that I do. We don't say it about any other Christian poster, so it's not just that atheists make the same complaint about all Christians.
And every single atheist is sending themselves to the lake of fire for refusing to turn to YHVH from their sin and place their trust in Jesus for the forgiveness of sin and eternal life.

So, telling me that.... just tells me that you and other atheists are pissed off because they rejected the truth, and want a collection of words arranged in a manner that pleases their egos, to convince them that they are wrong.

Quite frankly, I'm curious why you think that the complaints of people who are perishing, regarding my attempts to reason with them about their eternity would be a problem for me.

Your response is always to attack.
My response is to treat them as adults, asking questions, challenging their self-delusions and disbelief.

If they're not adults, then your complaint makes perfect sense. Only spoiled children whine about being treated like adults.

Does it ever cross your mind at all that we might be right?
Yep. Until you open your mouth.

Sure. Then you open your mouth and remove all doubt that YHVH is right and we humans are wrong.

That we - the atheists you claim to be trying to communicate with - are the best ones to tell you whether and how well you are actually communicating with us? Ever?
If you actually want to communicate, you'll answer the questions I ask instead of telling me that you don't believe that I'm asking questions.
Pretty simple.

Whatsisface

And every single atheist is sending themselves to the lake of fire for refusing to turn to YHVH from their sin and place their trust in Jesus for the forgiveness of sin and eternal life.
Yeah, yeah, we know already what you think. Saying this is just you venting your frustration because you can't grasp why atheists don't find you convincing.

You can't possibly think this will mean anything to an atheist, can you?

Electric Skeptic

So, telling me that.... just tells me that you and other atheists are pissed off because they rejected the truth, and want a collection of words arranged in a manner that pleases their egos, to convince them that they are wrong.

Quite frankly, I'm curious why you think that the complaints of people who are perishing, regarding my attempts to reason with them about their eternity would be a problem for me.

My response is to treat them as adults, asking questions, challenging their self-delusions and disbelief.

If they're not adults, then your complaint makes perfect sense. Only spoiled children whine about being treated like adults.

Yep. Until you open your mouth.
Sure. Then you open your mouth and remove all doubt that YHVH is right and we humans are wrong.

If you actually want to communicate, you'll answer the questions I ask instead of telling me that you don't believe that I'm asking questions.
Pretty simple.
So, just doubling down. Insisting that it's all the atheists' fault - it couldn't possibly be you. And then throw in a few insults along with a falsehood or two.

You're certainly consistent. And as long as you remain that way, you'll never actually communicate with atheists, about which you obviously don't care.

SteveB

So, just doubling down. Insisting that it's all the atheists' fault - it couldn't possibly be you. And then throw in a few insults along with a falsehood or two.

You're certainly consistent. And as long as you remain that way, you'll never actually communicate with atheists, about which you obviously don't care.
I'm not forcing you to choose death. That you need to blame others for your own choosing is evidence that you are a child and not an adult.
So, when you grow up and take responsibility for yourself, and choose life or death because you want life or death, then you have a leg to stand on.

Any time you choose to follow Jesus is great in my book.
So, yeah. I'm not having a problem here.

Electric Skeptic

I'm not forcing you to choose death. That you need to blame others for your own choosing is evidence that you are a child and not an adult.
So, when you grow up and take responsibility for yourself, and choose life or death because you want life or death, then you have a leg to stand on.

Any time you choose to follow Jesus is great in my book.
So, yeah. I'm not having a problem here.
More unwelcome sermonising combined with insult. Still unable to talk to atheists.

SteveB

More unwelcome sermonising combined with insult. Still unable to talk to atheists.
Neither have you been willing to engage in discussion about your eternal state, because you view everything on the topic as sermonizing.

Therefore you have excluded yourself from the issues at hand.

J regia

The thing I find myself wondering is if you didn't bother reading it because it was too lengthy, how do you know that your perspective on it is accurate?
You clearly miss some important points.
And if you actually believe your religious rhetoric about eternal life you should be hoping to die as early as possible instead of desperately hanging on till the last breath.

SteveB

And if you actually believe your religious rhetoric about eternal life you should be hoping to die as early as possible instead of hanging on to the last breath.
You don't read much do you!

Phi 1:15-25 WEB 15 Some indeed preach Christ even out of envy and strife, and some also out of good will. 16 The former insincerely preach Christ from selfish ambition, thinking that they add affliction to my chains; 17 but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the Good News. 18 What does it matter? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed. I rejoice in this, yes, and will rejoice. 19 For I know that this will turn out to my salvation, through your prayers and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, 20 according to my earnest expectation and hope, that I will in no way be disappointed, but with all boldness, as always, now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will bring fruit from my work; yet I don’t know what I will choose. 23 But I am hard pressed between the two, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. 24 Yet to remain in the flesh is more needful for your sake. 25 Having this confidence, I know that I will remain, yes, and remain with you all for your progress and joy in the faith,

😎

J regia

You don't read much do you!

Phi 1:15-25 WEB 15 Some indeed preach Christ even out of envy and strife, and some also out of good will. 16 The former insincerely preach Christ from selfish ambition, thinking that they add affliction to my chains; 17 but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the Good News. 18 What does it matter? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed. I rejoice in this, yes, and will rejoice. 19 For I know that this will turn out to my salvation, through your prayers and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, 20 according to my earnest expectation and hope, that I will in no way be disappointed, but with all boldness, as always, now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will bring fruit from my work; yet I don’t know what I will choose. 23 But I am hard pressed between the two, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. 24 Yet to remain in the flesh is more needful for your sake. 25 Having this confidence, I know that I will remain, yes, and remain with you all for your progress and joy in the faith,

😎
Are you hoping to kick the bucket as early as possible, or are you desperately clinging onto life till your last breath?

SteveB

Are you hoping to kick the bucket as early as possible, or are you desperately clinging onto life till your last breath?
I left my life span in YHVH's hands a very long time ago.

After several bouts with stage four metastatic melanoma cancer, and not dying, it's become clear that he's not done with me yet.

J regia

I left my life span in YHVH's hands a very long time ago.

After several bouts with stage four metastatic melanoma cancer, and not dying, it's become clear that he's not done with me yet.
But are you looking forward to taking your last breath?

SteveB

But are you looking forward to taking your last breath?
Absolutely!
The moment this body ceases to function, I'll be ushered into the Kingdom of God where I'll ever be with Jesus.

As do all Jesus followers.....

Which is exactly what the bible describes.

J regia

Absolutely!
The moment this body ceases to function, I'll be ushered into the Kingdom of God where I'll ever be with Jesus.

As do all Jesus followers.....

Which is exactly what the bible describes.

So why did you bother to be treated for the bouts of stage four metastatic melanoma cancer if you're looking forward to taking your last breath?
Wouldn't palliative care have been a better option instead?

SteveB

So why did you bother to be treated for the bouts of stage four metastatic melanoma cancer if you're looking forward to taking your last breath?
Wouldn't palliative care have been a better option instead?
Because my wife asked me to.