Does God have eyes?

Why not? For if Jesus is the 'portion' of God that is humanly discernible, it stands to reason (in your way of thinking)
You clearly don't know my way of thinking, and your speculation only leads to greater error.
that this portion is just a part of the one invisible God, such that God is visible when he wants to be, and invisible when he doesn't want to be, born when he wants to be, and unborn when he doesn't want to be. Your well-known supposition that God manifested himself on earth in times past would also be accounted for. Surely it "all depends on the occasion" as my Greek passage relates?
No. Jesus is our clearest picture of who God is, but that doesn't mean we see the entirety of what's before us. My perception of the concept is somewhat like our inability to see ultraviolet light or to detect radiation. Those things are ever-present, but we aren't able to perceive them. All of this is speculation, as I've directly stated, and is of little to no value to the larger discussion. That said, I'm certainly not going to waste my time correcting your erroneous conclusions concerning what I've said on the topic or what you imagine that I must mean. You've got other problems far bigger than these that you seem to be avoiding.

No. Jesus is our clearest picture of who God is, but that doesn't mean we see the entirety of what's before us. My perception of the concept is somewhat like our inability to see ultraviolet light or to detect radiation. Those things are ever-present, but we aren't able to perceive them. All of this is speculation, as I've directly stated, and is of little to no value to the larger discussion.
With the part I have hightlighted, I concur that it applies to you. For you, it's about "speculation" due to "not being able to perceive."

Given the extent of your own problems with perception, I suggest your refrain from commenting on whether other people have problems.

Given the extent of your own problems with perception, I suggest your refrain from commenting on whether other people have problems.
This assertion is based on such poor logic that I actually feel sorry for you. It's no wonder you struggle so.

With the part I have hightlighted, I concur that it applies to you. For you, it's about "speculation" due to "not being able to perceive."

Many here have one standard for themselves but another standard for everyone else.

Goal posts are set accordingly.

This assertion is based on such poor logic that I actually feel sorry for you. It's no wonder you struggle so.
You certainly have an obession with what you call "my problems", like OSEAS. You need to curb it, for the sake for your own sanity. I detect a disturbing degree of incoherence in your posts.

You certainly have an obession with what you call "my problems", like OSEAS. You need to curb it, for the sake for your own sanity. I detect a disturbing degree of incoherence in your posts.

Many do this so they can excuse themselves from examining themselves.

Genesis 6:8
KJV But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD (ונח מצא חן בעיני יהוה)
LXX But Noe found grace before the Lord God (Νωε δὲ εὗρεν χάριν ἐναντίον κυρίου τοῦ θεοῦ)

Genesis 30:27
KJV I have found favour in thine eyes (מצאתי חן בעיניך)
LXX I have found grace before thy (εὗρον χάριν ἐναντίον σου)

Genesis 34:11
KJV Let me find grace in your eyes (אמצא־חן בעיניכם)
LXX I would find grace before you (εὕροιμι χάριν ἐναντίον ὑμῶν)

Deuteronomy 13:18
KJV right in the eyes of the LORD thy God (הישר בעיני יהוה אלהיך)
LXX pleasing before the Lord thy God (τὸ ἀρεστὸν ἐναντίον κυρίου τοῦ θεοῦ σου)

2 Chronicles 21:6
KJV evil in the eyes of the LORD (הרע בעיני יהוה)
LXX evil before the Lord (πονηρὸν ἐναντίον κυρίου)
Addressing the OP only, that's an anthropomorphism. so, let's step outside of TIME. question, where is God center? once you answer that then maybe you know or find out where his eyes are at.

:ninja:

Addressing the OP only, that's an anthropomorphism. so, let's step outside of TIME. question, where is God center? once you answer that then maybe you know or find out where his eyes are at.

"In the eyes of" is just a metaphor for "in the sight of", I guess. It's an abstract proposition, not directing us to search for God's eyes.

In a similar sense, the face of God is a metaphor for the countenance of God.

Numbers 6:24-26
The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace."[

Last edited:
"In the eyes of" is just a metaphor for "in the sight of", I guess. It's an abstract proposition, not directing us to search for God's eyes.

In a similar sense, the face of God is a metaphor for the countenance of God.

Numbers 6:24-26
The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace."[
Listen now after the resurrection, God now have a body in Christ Jesus, the Glorified body. and we will see him, (GOD), face to face, supportive scripture, Revelation 22:4 "And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads."

in the OT, God, Jesus did not have a body, he's Spirit, but that was to come. and now is.

Jesus did not say "God is a Spirit". The Word "a" does not appear in the Greek, as nearly all modern translations since the RSV concede. It is you who are demon possessed in making false allegations against me out of vanity for your own private purposes.
πνεῦμα ὁ θεός
Now, now, be it with "a" or without "a" GOD is SPIRIT.

Listen now after the resurrection, God now have a body in Christ Jesus, the Glorified body. and we will see him, (GOD), face to face, supportive scripture, Revelation 22:4 "And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads."

in the OT, God, Jesus did not have a body, he's Spirit, but that was to come. and now is.

God does not change and πνεῦμα ὁ θεός

Would you mind to clarify this? I'm not sure what you mean.
The distinction that I see is between Father and Son. Both are Lord and God.
Speculating, I would say that Jesus represents that portion of "God" that is humanly discernible.
Does that mean whatever that makes God to be God or all the fullness God became incarnate. It would seem to be a portion but I don't think anyone truly realizes what the incarnation entails except that God, the Word, became flesh and dwelt among us.

Thanks for the clarification on the relative positions. They always elude me.
It seems to me that the Unitarian position depends on denying the passages that refer to Jesus as "God" and that speak of him doing things only attributed to God while claiming that the passages that speak of Jesus being a man should be taken absolutely. The problem is that the former passages are too clear and numerous to ignore, and the latter passages can be explained by Jesus's incarnation and/or dual nature. This position is the main one I had in mind above.
This is how I understand the Unitarian position. I agree with them that God is not three persons and disagree with them that Jesus is a mere man but is in truth God become man.
The Oneness position, as I understand it (which isn't saying much), has the awkwardness of Jesus referring "God" or "the Father" when he is "God". For me it's hard (impossible?) to reconcile this with John 1:1.
I reconcile it by using a form of the kenotic theory.

The distinction that I see is between Father and Son. Both are Lord and God.
That's what's confusing me. With my deficient understanding of Oneness theology I thought that you can't have a "both". My conception is that the belief is in a single entity who took two different forms/modes (whatever terminology is proper). This is problematic in passages like Lk. 3:22 when the Father is speaking to Jesus and in Jn. 1:1 where the word is said to be "with God".
Does that mean whatever that makes God to be God or all the fullness God became incarnate.
I'm not sure that all the fullness of God can become incarnate without destroying us. I was out of my comfort zone even with my speculation. I don't have a satisfactory answer for this question.
It would seem to be a portion but I don't think anyone truly realizes what the incarnation entails except that God, the Word, became flesh and dwelt among us.
I entirely agree.

This is how I understand the Unitarian position. I agree with them that God is not three persons and disagree with them that Jesus is a mere man but is in truth God become man.
I think part of the difficulty here is the inadequacy of words we use to describe the relationship. I don't think that most people have a conception of different "persons" per se, but we don't have an adequate way to conceptualize what is happening without relying in part on some form of that distinction. This is particularly true in passages like Lk. 3:22 above where "they" appear to be in different forms and places.
I reconcile it by using a form of the kenotic theory.
That's interesting. If you don't mind my asking, could you explain this a bit more?

No you are not

No, he didn't...

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

You made yourself an angel and are harvesting before the harvest. This shows your misunderstanding of the scriptures
About the harvest, what matters and prevails is what my LORD JESUS said, not what your spirit is speaking through/ by you. This matter concerns between my Lord and the reapers, He left clear, saying: In the time of harvest -the time arrived- I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

You are not a reaper, in fact you are a tares within this heavenly place in Christ, now you is cast out from this heavenly environment to be burned with everlasting fire. My LORD left clear, saying: All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. And He warned als, saaying: Fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. The Word is GOD and is self-executing, so get ready.

Actually many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

About the harvest, what matters and prevails is what my LORD JESUS said, not what your spirit is speaking through/ by you. This matter concerns between my Lord and the reapers, He left clear, saying: In the time of harvest -the time arrived- I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
Jesus said the harvest is the end of the world.
Matthew 13:39
The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
You are not a reaper,
I never claimed to be a reaper
in fact you are a tares within this heavenly place in Christ, now you is cast out from this heavenly environment to be burned with everlasting fire.
Your labeling does not affect me.
My LORD left clear, saying: All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. And He warned als, saaying: Fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Which is his father who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell
The Word is GOD and is self-executing, so get ready.
nonsense and nor written the scripture
Actually many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
Clearly, you do not understand...

No, that's your imagination doing that. John 1:1b does not say Jesus was with God.
No, that's your imagination doing that. John 1:14 doesn't say Jesus became flesh.
You wrote to John Milton as above quoted, by the deceiving spirit, spirit of the Devil.

The Word is not only and only letters of Scriptures, the Word is GOD, yeah, the Word is GOD. Here there is a great mystery.

v.2 - The same -the Word-was in the beginning -was in JESUS- with GOD -i.e. in the bosom of GOD- the Word - Both are One -

v.3 - All things were made by Him -were made by JESUS-; and without Him -i.e. without JESUS- was not any thing made that GOD made. And God said, Let us make man in OUR image, after our likeness. You were not made in the image of GOD by JESUS, you was not born again from the Spirit of GOD, you remain trapped in the power of the Devil who begot you.

Last edited:
Back