Does God have eyes?

1 Cor 11:3 is what I mean. "God is the head of Christ." Since trinitarians and oneness have junked this verse as heretical, may be it's time for them to come clean.
You have written, "I have never denied the deity of Christ." post # 38
Does your understanding of subordinationism mean Jesus is a lesser God since you disallow that he is "ὁ θεὸς" or the articular θεὸς.
How do you explain the deity of Christ if he is not God? What definition are you using for 'deity'?
Trinitarians think they have the right to control the whole religious world. They have acted as persecutors throughout most of the last 2000 years. But as I have argued, there are different trinities, and the Catholic trinity that rules over most of the USA is not the only one. There are others, notably the hierarchical trinity or triad per 1 Cor 11:3 and Eph 4:6. So Please back off. Trinitarians do not own the concept of trinity (or triadism).
I didn't say that there is only one type of trinitarianism. I mentioned social trinitarianism. It seems to run a spectrum from there barely being a distinction between the three persons to tritheism. I think you could be more charitable toward them despite their history
You mean I think "The subordination of the Son to the Father.
Yes, that is what I meant. Is your understanding of subordinacy of the Son to the Father eternal or due to the incarnation? How does this fit in with you claim of the "deity of Christ"?

Yes, it's curious that "God" can send "God" down to earth. It's why immanent trinitarians have a lot of explaining to do.
Maybe if you read Sanders book on the trinity, he will explain it to you. :)
That Jesus obeyed his Father is in no doubt. That Jesus said his Father was greater is not in doubt.
no doubt
You'll really need to study this book in some detail. But here is some of what he says to the Sabellians (p. 166):

"Yet in the economy itself it was the Father's will that the Son should
be regarded as on earth, but himself in heaven. And thither also
the Son looked up and prayed and made request of the Father 8 -
where also he taught us to lift ourselves up and pray, Our Father
which art in heaven 9 - though he is also everywhere. This the
Father would have for his abode: The heaven, he says, is my
throne
.10 From this also he made the Son a little less than the
angels by sending him down to earth, yet with the intention of
crowning him with glory and honour by taking him back into
heaven.11 This he was already granting him when he said, I have
both glorified it and will glorify it
.1 The Son makes request from
earth, the Father makes a promise from heaven. Why do you {Sabellians]
make both Father and Son a liar?"
I've never studied the book. I've read the book a couple of times and referenced it as well. Maybe I will go back to it again and study it. Tertullian has an interesting way of wording things.

You have written, "I have never denied the deity of Christ." post # 38
Does your understanding of subordinationism mean Jesus is a lesser God since you disallow that he is "ὁ θεὸς" or the articular θεὸς.
No, because Jesus is not "the God" (o theos - the Father). Therefore he is not a lesser God. Rather he is Lord of creation.

How do you explain the deity of Christ if he is not God? What definition are you using for 'deity'?
Uncreated / in the bosom of the Father.

I didn't say that there is only one type of trinitarianism. I mentioned social trinitarianism. It seems to run a spectrum from there barely being a distinction between the three persons to tritheism. I think you could be more charitable toward them despite their history
But if you go out into the big wide world, you will find all kinds of trinitarianism, in places like Africa and Asia, and the middle east, that derive from ancient churches that rejected Chalcedon. The continent of Asia was first evangelized by the Nestorian church which was excomunicate from Rome on the grounds of rejecting the Roman trinity formulas.

Christians in the USA are so bound up with the "Catholic" trinity that it entirely escapes them that they represent just one philosophy out of many; and of course the chalcedonian brand was by no means what was taught in the early church.

Yes, that is what I meant. Is your understanding of subordinacy of the Son to the Father eternal or due to the incarnation? How does this fit in with you claim of the "deity of Christ"?
Subordination is eternal, and deity is defined by being uncreated, and by unity with God.

Maybe if you read Sanders book on the trinity, he will explain it to you. :)
Even from his podcast, I suspected he was immersed in gnosticism. One could spend a lifetime immersed in gnosticism, as Thomas Aquinas did, and end up none the wiser. Shortly before he died he has a premonition that his life's work was, well lets just say philosophical and not per God's revelation. You can only know what God has chosen to reveal.

What is required is to distinguish revelation from philosophy. And Trinitarians just won't do it.

no doubt

I've never studied the book. I've read the book a couple of times and referenced it as well. Maybe I will go back to it again and study it. Tertullian has an interesting way of wording things.

You are the one who just admitted that you don’t care about some parts of scripture, not me.
This neatly demonstrates how you far you go to pervert what I say. Just because I charge you with puerile eisegesis in seeking to link Jn 1:1c and Jn 20:28, whilst conveniently ignoring Jn 1:1b (which you are determined to ignore), doesn't give you a licence to accuse me of not caring about some parts of scripture. I have accounted for Jn 20:28 many times, which you know perfectly well, but as to which you arbitrarily reject.

In your mind Jn 1:1b should be somehow displaced by Jn 20:28. This discovers your problems with interpreting the bible. No reputable commentator takes different verses from different parts of the bible, fuses them together in a synthetic way to create doctrine. Reputable commentators take a verse in context, and interpret it, in context. Only where there are clear contextual reasons can other verses be brought in to elucidate. As Peter said, "There are some things in [Paul's letters] that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures." 2 Pet 3:16.

As to the usage of your doctrine: you have the presumption to accuse people of being "liars" for not crediting your home-made theology. That is cult-like.

Last edited:
This neatly demonstrates how you far you go to pervert what I say.
No. It "neatly demonstrates" that you don't understand the conclusions that can be drawn from your statements. Perhaps you care about some scripture but per your own statement you don't care about all of it.
Just because I charge you with puerile eisegesis in seeking to link Jn 1:1c and Jn 20:28, whilst conveniently ignoring Jn 1:1b (which you are determined to ignore),
It's part of the same gospel, cjab; the two can't help but be linked. One should expect the provocative and challenging statement made at the beginning of the gospel to be explained in the remainder, and it was. What I do with Jn. 20:28 is no different than your attempt to explain Jn. 1:1 by Jn. 17:5, except that I take into consideration that Jn. 17:5 was about Jesus's ministry before his death and, therefore, may not apply in the same manner to his circumstances before his incarnation. What I am certain of is that whether or not "theos" has the article makes no difference as to whether it applies to the Father or to some other "god". Such will always depend on how the word is used (Php. 3:19 "ὧν τὸ τέλος ἀπώλεια, ὧν ὁ θεὸς ἡ κοιλία καὶ ἡ δόξα ἐν τῇ αἰσχύνῃ αὐτῶν, οἱ τὰ ἐπίγεια φρονοῦντες."). I am equally certain that since John had no trouble calling Jesus "o theos" while he was on earth in Jn. 20:28, he would certainly have no problem using the phrase to describe him before his incarnation.
doesn't give you a licence to accuse me of not caring about some parts of scripture.
You just said you don't care about some parts of scripture. Why are you acting as though you didn't?
I have accounted for Jn 20:28 many times, which you know perfectly well, but as to which you arbitrarily reject.
You haven't accounted for it. You have tried to deny that the words were spoken to Jesus and you have also tried to claim that the verse is an exception because "the God" is modified by "my". I reject both because neither is true. (While the claim that "the God" is modified by "my" is true, that's not the idea I refer to here. The grammar does not change because of a modifier, but the sense may. In this case it makes no difference because "o theos" remains a reference to someone who is not "the Father".)
In your mind Jn 1:1b should be somehow replaced by Jn 20:28. This also discovers real problems with interpreting the bible. No reputable commentator takes different verses from different parts of the bible, fuses them together in a synthetic way to create doctrine. As to the usage of this doctrine: you have the presumption to accuse people of being "liars" for not crediting your home-made theology.
I referenced John 20:28 to prove beyond doubt that "o theos" is not used exclusively for the Father as you have claimed. You deny the obvious truth when you refuse to acknowledge it. I haven't accused anyone of being a "liar" for not agreeing with me. I have called people that when they repeat things that they know are untrue. You have done this many times.

I didn't agree with Barry (Gryllus), and I didn't call him a liar. I didn't agree with Jameson, and I didn't call him a liar. I don't agree with Caroljeen, and I haven't called her a liar. They all make a sincere effort tell the truth and understand correctly understand what others are saying, as do I. However, even though I have called you a liar in the past, I've been nothing but civil to you in this thread. You are the one who has resorted to name calling and personal attacks.
You're like Fred. He also joins up verses from the OT and the NT in synthetic ways to create home-made theology.
I haven't seen Fred post enough to know what he does, but your inaccurate statements about me and my positions in this post alone are enough to justify my skepticism about the claims you've made about him.

Last edited:
No. It "neatly demonstrates" that you don't understand the conclusions that can be drawn from your statements. Perhaps you care about some scripture but per your own statement you don't care about all of it.
You will draw any defamatory conclusion you desire even from what is innocuous. In similar manner the pharisees sought to convict Jesus on the basis of his statements. You appear to be unaware that satan is the accuser par excellence. In so far as you are always attacking my integrity, just as the pharisees always attacked Jesus, you should see the parallel and draw conclusions as to what or who may be influencing your behavior.

It's part of the same gospel, cjab; the two can't help but be linked.
They are linked, but they are uncontextual. One is referring to the doctrine of who possesses and exercises the divine power, which is the subject of gospel revelation: the other concerns the nature of a spiritual relationship between two men based on faith, where neither man wielded the divine power, although one had the ability to wield it by asking God Matthew: 26:53.

And in respect of this power the same gospel makes it very clear that Jesus "is the power & wisdom of God." 1 Cor 1:24. It does not say that "Jesus is God" which is your doctrine. Thus you misrepresent the gospel because you cannot and will not make the necessary distinctions.

One should expect the provocative and challenging statement made at the beginning of the gospel to be explained in the remainder, and it was.
I see nothing provocative or challenging about Jn 1:1.

What I do with Jn. 20:28 is no different than your attempt to explain Jn. 1:1 by Jn. 17:5, except that I take into consideration that Jn. 17:5 was about Jesus's ministry before his death and, therefore, may not apply in the same manner to his circumstances before his incarnation. What I am certain of is that whether or not "theos" has the article makes no difference as to whether it applies to the Father or to some other "god".
That is hardly a grammatical point, because who theos relates to is a contextual question, not one of grammar. Once the context is clear, a grammatical point is often made in the NT by the use or non-use of the article, and in denying it you are fighting against grammarians that are world famous and who have stood the test of time. Who do you think you are?

Such will always depend on how the word is used (Php. 3:19 "ὧν τὸ τέλος ἀπώλεια, ὧν ὁ θεὸς ἡ κοιλία καὶ ἡ δόξα ἐν τῇ αἰσχύνῃ αὐτῶν, οἱ τὰ ἐπίγεια φρονοῦντες."). I am equally certain that since John had no trouble calling Jesus "o theos" while he was on earth in Jn. 20:28, he would certainly have no problem using the phrase to describe him before his incarnation.
John did not call Jesus ὁ θεὸς in Jn 20:28.

You can't even relate the facts coherently.

You just said you don't care about some parts of scripture. Why are you acting as though you didn't?
I said "I don't care what Thomas said" in the context of assessing Jn 1:1. That you can't work out what John 1:1 says without deferring to John 20:28 suggests you have serious intellectual difficulty with the Greek grammar of Jn 1:1.

Why would John expect anyone refer to John 20:28 when working out what he meant in Jn 1:1? I think you're unhinged.

Let me ask you this question: did C. C. Caragounis refer or not refer to Jn 20:28 is his discourse on Jn 1:1? What other scholars do you know who make their interpretation of Jn 1:1 depend on what Thomas says to Jesus in John 20:28?

You haven't accounted for it. You have tried to deny that the words were spoken to Jesus and you have also tried to claim that the verse is an exception because "the God" is modified by "my". I reject both because neither is true. (While the claim that "the God" is modified by "my" is true, that's not the idea I refer to here. The grammar does not change because of a modifier, but the sense may. In this case it makes no difference because "o theos" remains a reference to someone who is not "the Father".)

I referenced John 20:28 to prove beyond doubt that "o theos" is not used exclusively for the Father as you have claimed. You deny the obvious truth when you refuse to acknowledge it. I haven't accused anyone of being a "liar" for not agreeing with me. I have called people that when they repeat things that they know are untrue. You have done this many times.

I didn't agree with Barry (Gryllus), and I didn't call him a liar. I didn't agree with Jameson, and I didn't call him a liar. I don't agree with Caroljeen, and I haven't called her a liar. They all make a sincere effort tell the truth and understand correctly understand what others are saying, as do I. However, even though I have called you a liar in the past, I've been nothing but civil to you in this thread. You are the one who has resorted to name calling and personal attacks.

I haven't seen Fred post enough to know what he does, but your inaccurate statements about me and my positions in this post alone are enough to justify my skepticism about the claims you've made about him.
You have accused me of being dishonest. You said in post #74:

"In John's gospel, Jesus was called, as you say "anarthrous theos" (Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος, καὶ ὁ λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν, καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος.) and "o theos" (ἀπεκρίθη Θωμᾶς καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ· ὁ κύριός μου καὶ ὁ θεός μου.). I don't know why you keep making a statement that you should know isn't true. The idea that God is "greater (or higher) than the Logos" is given in John's Gospel, but it isn't fleshed out. Such a hierarchy could temporarily arise during his incarnation while he was not in the form of God or simply be a matter of roles where they remain ontologically one. It's not clear exactly what John thinks."​

I said in my previous post:

In John's gospel the idea that there is one greater (or higher) than the Logos appears, who as John states "was (anarthrous) theos" but not "o theos" (Jn 1:1c).​
The teaching of Jesus is that the one greater (or higher) than the Logos cannot be known except through the Logos (Jn 1:18, 8:27 etc). This is where the Greek tradition becomes usurped by Christianity. Since I have not yet finished reading the Martin Heidegger lectures on Heraclitus, I reserve my right to amend my opinion on this, but it is likely that the clarity brought by Christianity over the Greek tradition, as least as it is based on Heraclitus, is partly that relating to the distinction between "o logos" and "o theos", as reflected in the relation between Jesus and his Father, and as Paul summarizes in 1 Cor 8:6 etc.​
The Greeks likely confounded o logos and o theos, just as Trinitarians do today. However Heraclitus also invokes Zeus - i.e. light or luminosity - alongside his Logos arguments, so this matter requires further investigation.​
My earlier complaint was that not enough attention has been given by Trinitarians to (a) translating John 1:1b, (b) paying attention to what John 1:1b means in Greek. IMO "the Word was with God" is hardly an apt portrayal of the relation between spiritual entities. It may suffice for relations between physical entities however, e.g. human beings, as scholars have argued with undoubted merit.​
So it is likely that our English bibles give only a high Trinitarian paraphrase of Jn 1:1; and which is scarcely intelligible as rendered in English.​
Would you like to clarify to the universe, what statement "I made that I knew wasn't true"?

You will draw any defamatory conclusion you desire even from what is innocuous. In similar manner the pharisees sought to convict Jesus on the basis of his statements. You appear to be unaware that satan is the accuser par excellence. In so far as you are always attacking my integrity, just as the pharisees always attacked Jesus, you should see the parallel and draw conclusions as to what or who may be influencing your behavior.
I'm not attacking you or comparing myself to Jesus, so I'm not worried.
They are linked, but they are uncontextual. One is referring to the doctrine of who possesses and exercises the divine power, which is the subject of gospel revelation: the other concerns the nature of a spiritual relationship between two men based on faith, where neither man wielded the divine power, although one had the ability to wield it by asking God Matthew: 26:53.

And in respect of this power the same gospel makes it very clear that Jesus "is the power & wisdom of God." 1 Cor 1:24. It does not say that "Jesus is God" which is your doctrine. Thus you misrepresent the gospel because you cannot and will not make the necessary distinctions.
Aren't you in the process of finding fault with me for understanding a passage in John using another passage in the same gospel? Why are you fine with quoting entirely different authors like "Matthew" and Paul to make your point? Why not give an actual reason why you think Jn. 20:28 isn't relevant as I have done for Jn. 17:5?
I see nothing provocative or challenging about Jn 1:1.
You clearly do or you wouldn't spend so much time arguing about it.
That is hardly a grammatical point, because who theos relates to is a contextual question, not one of grammar. Once the context is clear, a grammatical point is often made in the NT by the use or non-use of the article, and in denying it you are fighting against grammarians that are world famous and who have stood the test of time. Who do you think you are?
This contradicts your assertion here:
The bible identifies ὁ Θεος as the person of the Father, to the exclusion of anyone else.
If you remain true to your assertion, there can be no place in "the Bible" that uses "o theos" for anyone other than the Father. This means that you deny that context makes a difference. Please clarify which of your statements is true and which is false.
John did not call Jesus ὁ θεὸς in Jn 20:28.

You can't even relate the facts coherently.
He called Jesus "o theos" by the fact that he wrote it. If he didn't believe it to be true and he wasn't using it to make a doctrinal point, why include it? Since he did include it, why would he not record it as another of Thomas's mistakes?
I said "I don't care what Thomas said" in the context of assessing Jn 1:1.
That's not all that you said:
I don't care what Thomas said: It's not part of John's doctrinal teaching and has nothing to do with Jn 1:1.
It is both part of John's doctrinal teaching and it pertains to Jn. 1:1. For the sake of discussion, let's assume that you weren't wrong for a moment. John recorded Thomas's utterance in scripture, and you said you don't care about what Thomas said. This would mean that you don't care about the parts of scripture that record what Thomas said. This is a fair conclusion drawn from what you wrote. If you were exaggerating, just say that, but I did not misrepresent you.
That you can't work out what John 1:1 says without deferring to John 20:28 suggests you have serious intellectual difficulty with the Greek grammar of Jn 1:1.
Take you shots, cjab. They aren't substitutes for arguments, and I doubt anyone other than TRJM will find them persuasive.
Why would John expect anyone refer to John 20:28 when working out what he meant in Jn 1:1? I think you're unhinged.
Because if you use something other than John 1:1 you won't know what he meant....And for what it's worth, my actual position is that the entire book is used to interpret Jn. 1:1.
Let me ask you this question: did C. C. Caragounis refer or not refer to Jn 20:28 is his discourse on Jn 1:1? What other scholars do you know who make their interpretation of Jn 1:1 depend on what Thomas says to Jesus in John 20:28?
As I implied above, everyone must interpret John 1:1 by something else John wrote. Why are you attempting to fault me for doing what everyone does? Your attempt to interpret it by Jn. 17:5 is deficient for the reasons I've stated. If you have a good reason for why Jn. 20:28 isn't relevant, you haven't given it yet.
You have accused me of being dishonest. You said in post #74:

"In John's gospel, Jesus was called, as you say "anarthrous theos" (Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος, καὶ ὁ λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν, καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος.) and "o theos" (ἀπεκρίθη Θωμᾶς καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ· ὁ κύριός μου καὶ ὁ θεός μου.). I don't know why you keep making a statement that you should know isn't true. The idea that God is "greater (or higher) than the Logos" is given in John's Gospel, but it isn't fleshed out. Such a hierarchy could temporarily arise during his incarnation while he was not in the form of God or simply be a matter of roles where they remain ontologically one. It's not clear exactly what John thinks."​
I already addressed this, politely, with what I said below:
I don’t know what you are complaining about.
You know full well that you deny that anyone is called “o theos” other than the Father, and you know that I am aware of this.
Since you want a more specific accounting, let me first quote what you said:
In John's gospel the idea that there is one greater (or higher) than the Logos appears, who as John states "was (anarthrous) theos" but not "o theos" (Jn 1:1c).

The teaching of Jesus is that the one greater (or higher) than the Logos cannot be known except through the Logos (Jn 1:18, 8:27 etc). This is where the Greek tradition becomes usurped by Christianity. Since I have not yet finished reading the Martin Heidegger lectures on Heraclitus, I reserve my right to amend my opinion on this, but it is likely that the clarity brought by Christianity over the Greek tradition, as least as it is based on Heraclitus, is partly that relating to the distinction between "o logos" and "o theos", as reflected in the relation between Jesus and his Father, and as Paul summarizes in 1 Cor 8:6 etc.

The Greeks likely confounded o logos and o theos, just as Trinitarians do today.
However Heraclitus also invokes Zeus - i.e. light or luminosity - alongside his Logos arguments, so this matter requires further investigation.
You implied that "o logos" cannot correctly be referred to as "o theos" and that is not true.

How do you know destruction occurs in the "seventh and last millennium"?
Acts 17:v.30-31
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31 Because he hath appointed a Day, in the which he will Judge the world in righteousness by that MAN whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Acts 3:v.17 to 24
17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.

18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

Acts 17:v.30-31
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31 Because he hath appointed a Day, in the which he will Judge the world in righteousness by that MAN whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Acts 3:v.17 to 24
17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.

18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

Does not state when the "times of restitution of all things" occurs.

Does not exist, neither will exist the eighth Day. It's only and only until the seventh and last Day.

Does not exist, neither will exist the eighth Day. It's only and only until the seventh and last Day.
If it is as you say, who exactly is the man of sin of 2 Thess 2:8,9?
He is a former Cherub, even now the spiritual and material environment in the earth is propitious for his manifestation as messiah -John 5:43-47-(a false messiah, of course, a false lamb-Revelation 13:v.11- actually an esoteric, and kabbalistic, and spiritist messiah), future ruler of Israel and guide of the esteric, and kabbalistic, and spiritist Judaism, in parallel, even in the midst of the last week Daniel 9:v.27, say 2nd half of the week, he will also assume the government of the last kingdom that will be established by the Devil, the universal and satanic kingdom of Antichrist, symbolized in the feet and fingers of the statue of Nebuchadnezzar-Daniel 2:v.41-43, and the Abomination of Desolation will be established for 1290 days.

By the way, Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. Yeah, day 1335, the Ineffable, Wonderful, Indescribable, Unspeakable day, the day 1335. Hallelujaaah!!!

How do you know that this "current time" is that of the "Apocalypse?"
Revelation 11:v.3 and 6
And I will give power unto my two witnesses,...These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Exactly what is it that signfies that the "everlasting punishment" has started?
By the Word of GOD -the Word is GOD - the Devil's world has a time to be ended by complete and as a whole. This time arrived and the eternal punishiment has already started, and will continue day by day, it will never end, the chastisement is for ever and ever. Woe of the inhabitants of the earth.

No, because Jesus is not "the God" (o theos - the Father). Therefore he is not a lesser God. Rather he is Lord of creation.
Almost everything you say is an enigma and I have to keep asking more questions to understand what you believe. Why not spell out clearly what you believe about God and Jesus so that I don't have to ask so many questions?

What does Lord of creation mean to you? Is that the same as saying that Jesus is YHWH? If ὁ θεὸς is God the Father only to you, then what is his equivalent name in the OT? And what name would you use for the Lord of creation in the OT?
Uncreated / in the bosom of the Father.
How did you come across that definition?
Subordination is eternal, and deity is defined by being uncreated, and by unity with God.
Then Jesus in his existence prior to his incarnation was eternal, uncreated, in unity with God and subordinate to the Father. Are you are a binitarian?
Even from his podcast, I suspected he was immersed in gnosticism.
He sounded like a trinitarian to me. Gnostics were considered heretics to the early Christian church. Gnostics deny the humanity of Jesus Christ. I'm sure Sanders would disagree with you. How do you come up with this stuff?

Here's a website that might be of help: https://iep.utm.edu/gnostic/
One could spend a lifetime immersed in gnosticism, as Thomas Aquinas did, and end up none the wiser. Shortly before he died he has a premonition that his life's work was, well lets just say philosophical and not per God's revelation. You can only know what God has chosen to reveal.
I thought Thomas Aquinas spent his time learning from the writings of Greek philosophers and applying it to Christianity. I'm not a fan of classical theism.
Where did you read that he had a premonition? Is that just hearsay?

Almost everything you say is an enigma
God is also an enigma to many. Jesus found it hard to get through to the Jews. Such things are to be expected.

and I have to keep asking more questions to understand what you believe.
Naturally

Why not spell out clearly what you believe about God and Jesus so that I don't have to ask so many questions?
I do but Trinitarians/Oneness can't understand me.

What does Lord of creation mean to you?
As Thomas said to Jesus, "The God of me" (not "The God" - rather "my God"). If you are a created being then Jesus can legitimately be construed as your God, but not "the God." However the NT convention is that Jesus is Lord, the Father is God, even higher than Jesus himself. In Jn 20:28 Thomas was emphasizing the divine aspects of Jesus's lordship by acknowledging that Jesus, his Lord, was also the son of God. Hence he was entitled to divine recognition.

Is that the same as saying that Jesus is YHWH?
Jesus is a man: that's very important to grasp. It's illogical to impute Jesus the man as being "the God" which is what Trinitarians do. For if Jesus was "the God," then how can he be the mediator between "the God" and man? This is another reason why Jesus is not called "the God" whether in heaven or in earth, even if he is the power of God, and even if he is deemed worthy to be called "your God."

Jn 1:1 tells us that the Logos exercised the ministry of YHWH.

If ὁ θεὸς is God the Father only to you, then what is his equivalent name in the OT? And what name would you use for the Lord of creation in the OT?
The Word of God.

How did you come across that definition?
Jn 1:1, Rev 3:14.
Then Jesus in his existence prior to his incarnation was eternal, uncreated, in unity with God and subordinate to the Father.
The bible says so.

Are you are a binitarian?
No: such words intrude mere human concepts into biblical terms, and seek to divide what is a unity (Deut 6:4).

He sounded like a trinitarian to me. Gnostics were considered heretics to the early Christian church. Gnostics deny the humanity of Jesus Christ. I'm sure Sanders would disagree with you. How do you come up with this stuff?
I repudiate the idea that God can be man, or man can be God: I don't find the idea put forward in the bible, excepting the agency definition alluded to by Jesus in John 10:34,35.

However for gnostics, this is no problem, except that then Jesus tends to take on the appearance of a man, rather than be cast as true man.

Here's a website that might be of help: https://iep.utm.edu/gnostic/
You can see there are a lot of gnostic flavors. It was gnosticism which gave rise to the three heavenly witnesses in 1 John 5:7. Perhaps it is you who needs to understand the extensive influence of gnosticism on Christianity.

I thought Thomas Aquinas spent his time learning from the writings of Greek philosophers and applying it to Christianity. I'm not a fan of classical theism.
Where did you read that he had a premonition? Is that just hearsay?
Thomas received a revelation from God that caused him to stop writing, leaving his lifelong work, Summa Theologiae, unfinished. He told his secretary: “The end of my labors has come. All I have written appears to be as so much straw after the things that have been revealed to me.”

I do not believe the above is hearsay. We can only wish that he had received his revelation before he began his work, but his mind was not ready to receive it.

Last edited:
Nothing in the bible that says a day of creation is 1000 years. No support for this gnostic teaching whatsoever. And Adam was created on the sixth day, and today is the seventh, and no man knows how long it will last.

[Re Man of Sin & his destruction]
He is a former Cherub, even now the spiritual and material environment in the earth is propitious for his manifestation as messiah -John 5:43-47-(a false messiah, of course, a false lamb-Revelation 13:v.11- actually an esoteric, and kabbalistic, and spiritist messiah), future ruler of Israel and guide of the esteric, and kabbalistic, and spiritist Judaism, in parallel, even in the midst of the last week Daniel 9:v.27, say 2nd half of the week, he will also assume the government of the last kingdom that will be established by the Devil, the universal and satanic kingdom of Antichrist, symbolized in the feet and fingers of the statue of Nebuchadnezzar-Daniel 2:v.41-43, and the Abomination of Desolation will be established for 1290 days.

By the way, Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. Yeah, day 1335, the Ineffable, Wonderful, Indescribable, Unspeakable day, the day 1335. Hallelujaaah!!!
Look, you said: ", but the destruction will happen by one men, one angel, actually an archangel, Michael, and the destruction is already running, even the destruction of the whole world of Devil."

This statement is incomprehensible. At the present time, I can't see that the "destruction is already running." In your latest post, you say the antichrist is a future ruler of Israel. So how can the destruction be "already running" if the antichrist is still future?

And what do you mean by "future ruler of Israel"? Where does the bible say this? Why should anyone pay attention to the head of the Israeli state? He has relatively little power in world terms. Are you are talking about a false head of the church, such as the papacy, or the head of the UN, or a one world ruler, such as may occur at some future date in the future, perhaps when China takes over the whole world?

[ Re Two Witnesses]

Revelation 11:v.3 and 6
And I will give power unto my two witnesses,...These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Are the two witnesses the remnant church?

As Thomas said to Jesus, "The God of me" (not "The God" - rather "my God"). If you are a created being then Jesus can legitimately be construed as your God, but not "the God." However the NT convention is that Jesus is Lord, the Father is God, even higher than Jesus himself. In Jn 20:28 Thomas was emphasizing the divine aspects of Jesus's lordship by acknowledging that Jesus, his Lord, was also the son of God. Hence he was entitled to divine recognition.
According to you "o theos" is exclusively a reference to the Father. If this is true, then Thomas would have to be calling Jesus the Father. The addition of "mou" would not change that. There is a certain hymn that begins, "My Jesus, I love thee, I know thou art mine;" The hymn does not mean or imply that we have (or even that there is) another "Jesus" it emphasizes our relationship to him. The same is true in John 20:28. As I have said, you are wrong about the grammar of this passage. You are trying to hold two conflicting positions.

I repudiate the idea that God can be man, or man can be God: I don't find the idea put forward in the bible, excepting the agency definition alluded to by Jesus in John 10:34,35.
Again, you are inconsistent.
Jesus is the name of a man, not the name of a God. When he ascended, he was given another name "that no man knoweth," although as to men, he remains "Jesus."
You seem to think that Jesus was a man, and yet he is called God. And it likewise seems impossible that you would think that Jesus could be called God now since he was once a man.

Again, you are inconsistent.
You seem to think that Jesus was a man, and yet he is called God. And it likewise seems impossible that you would think that Jesus could be called God now since he was once a man.
You know perfectly well that Jesus is not called God, but the Son of God. Why do insist on obfuscating what the bible says?

Back