Does God love everyone ?

I thought you wanted to stop arguing against Calvinism?
Why would an Arminian stop doing that or a Calvinist stop arguing againt non calvinists ? Did i miss something. The forum would disappear if we did not debate each others doctrines. It would be like not having a Presidential debate with Republicans and Democrats lol.

Why not use the argument I gave you for God Loving All people? It's an Argument that Calvinists will agree with; even if it makes them mad. My points are always full-proof since my approach is to use shared-beliefs...
Can you refresh my memory ? I'm not sure exactly what argument you are talking about.

But if the above is an absolute and one tied to Gods nature/commands then it takes precedence over the others. That is how ones theology should be worked out beginning with God.
Amen...

Also there is the equally dominate Hermeneutic that God is Truth. His Word is Truth; so this is why it tells us that things are Sweet, then Bitter...

One Argument for God not Loving All people is that the Logos of God is the LORD who speaks in the Old Testament. If this is objectionable, the Holy Ghost is the LORD who guided Men as they wrote. In Malachi, God Hates Esau; and he doesn't love Esau less. He Hates Esau...

God is Love does not change this. God is Truth makes this BITTER; a Hard Saying...

Amen...

Also there is the equally dominate Hermeneutic that God is Truth. His Word is Truth; so this is why it tells us that things are Sweet, then Bitter...

One Argument for God not Loving All people is that the Logos of God is the LORD who speaks in the Old Testament. If this is objectionable, the Holy Ghost is the LORD who guided Men as they wrote. In Malachi, God Hates Esau; and he doesn't love Esau less. He Hates Esau...

God is Love does not change this. God is Truth makes this BITTER; a Hard Saying...
You do know that both love and hate have nuances within their definitions right. We have been over this in a few threads recently. The Esau /hate is not a slam dunk. It has various meanings and interpretations from both sides.

And @ReverendRV not only does this happen with hate and defining it we see this happening all of the time with dead, slave, world and few other words that have various meanings and ways to understand them in their given context.

Its why unless we can establish a definition up front a given thread will just be all over the place because of the meaning of some of these words. Unless a meaning can be agreed upon there is no common ground to work from.

You do know that both love and hate have nuances within their definitions right. We have been over this in a few threads recently. The Esau /hate is not a slam dunk. It has various meanings and interpretations from both sides.
I know; and I'm not going to rub your face in it. I'd say the Hebrew word in Malachi doesn't leave wiggle-room for 'love less'. I would say Malachi 1:3 is Special Revelation which can help us choose to believe the primary or secondary definition for the word Hate in Romans 9. For someone who prefers Esau to mean Edom in Romans 9 because of Malachi, but prefers 'love less' in Romans 9 when God 'HATE-Hated' Esau in Malachi; this seems to me to be a Case of Special Pleading...

Right?

Last edited:
And @ReverendRV not only does this happen with hate and defining it we see this happening all of the time with dead, slave, world and few other words that have various meanings and ways to understand them in their given context.

Its why unless we can establish a definition up front a given thread will just be all over the place because of the meaning of some of these words. Unless a meaning can be agreed upon there is no common ground to work from.
Okay...

Can we use Malachi 1:3 then?

John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Hebrews 2:9
But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

Titus 2:11
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men,

Titus 3:4
But when the kindness and the love of mankind ofGod our Savior appeared

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1 Timothy 2:4
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord does not delay his promise, as some regard “delay,” but he is patient with you, not wishing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

1 John 2:2
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

2 Corinthians 5:14
For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.

Nuff said

next
And?

Where does it say faith is not a condition?

What were you trying to prove?

And?

Where does it say faith is not a condition?

What were you trying to prove?
Gotta love the Bible, right?

It reminds me of Comic Books; IE "Earth 3" in DC. It's an alternate Earth where the Roles are reversed. Their Superman is empowered by Kryptonite instead of hurt by it. So when Non-Calvinists use Verses on us, we say "Amen; may I have another?". They look at us like idiots and wonder why their Verses are not Kryptonite...

We are Sola Scripturists. I think this Category can be tested to see if it actually fits those who claim it...

Last edited:
Back