Does God love everyone ?

And?

What is your point. That I should love them unconditionally straight into hell?
Why does Jesus say love your enemies? Is it unconditionally? Will your love for them save them?
Why did you cut of verse 45 and the context?
Mat 5:45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

All these years I thought you were Biblically sound. You sure know how to fool people
Can you understand Jesus words ? Yes or no?

you seem to be avoiding being like the Father and loving enemies and those who hate you just like the Father does and praying for them like Jesus does . No exceptions in the passage .

oops

Holy love.

He still desires they would have made better choices.

So God doesn't love them enough to save them despite their choices?

Again, if I have a blind daughter, and she is walking into a busy road, and I warn her to stop and turn around, and she ignores my warning and uses her "free will" to choose to ignore me, and then gets killed by a car, was I being "loving" to her. I say completely NOT.

If she ignores me, and continues toward her doom, and I leap out of my chair and grab her (against her will) and bring her to safety, then was I being loving to her? I say most CERTAINLY.

So God doesn't love them enough to save them despite their choices?

Again, if I have a blind daughter, and she is walking into a busy road, and I warn her to stop and turn around, and she ignores my warning and uses her "free will" to choose to ignore me, and then gets killed by a car, was I being "loving" to her. I say completely NOT.

If she ignores me, and continues toward her doom, and I leap out of my chair and grab her (against her will) and bring her to safety, then was I being loving to her? I say most CERTAINLY.
God in love gives men a choice to love or reject Him

It is love since Gods offer of the gospel

The gospel is not an "offer", it is a PROCLAMATION.

is for everyone without exception.

The gospel message is for everyone without exception.
But the atonement is only for the elect.

If one rejects Gods love thats on them.

oops

So are you now saying that God no longer loves them?
Or are you saying that eternal torment is a "loving thing" to do?
Do you "love" your children enough to eternally torment them?

To quote Dave Hunt, "What Love is THIS?!"

The real bottom motivation is our idolatrous heart doesn't want God to put anything above his love for his creation.

If God has a priority—a priority he deems as legitimately more important—that is above the welfare of those he loves, than we take offense and don't want to call it love anymore. God can logically love people he allows to be lost, whether one likes it or not.

Everyone has their own lines they draw at offense towards God—some people think any hell for any reason is offensive, and they reject the Biblical hell on these grounds. Some people will accept certain value systems they deem acceptable for God, but draw their own lines.

Few people will allow God the humility to work in their heart whatever value system He declares instead of their own.

The real bottom motivation is our idolatrous heart doesn't want God to put anything above his love for his creation.

If God has a priority—a priority he deems as legitimately more important—that is above the welfare of those he loves, than we take offense and don't want to call it love anymore. God can logically love people he allows to be lost, whether one likes it or not.

Everyone has their own lines they draw at offense towards God—some people think any hell for any reason is offensive, and they reject the Biblical hell on these grounds. Some people will accept certain value systems they deem acceptable for God, but draw their own lines.

Few people will allow God the humility to work in their heart whatever value system He declares instead of their own.
Amen

How can God not act in Love ?

Its who God is so everything He does is loving,just, righteous, fair etc......

Punishment designed to reform, perhaps.
But ETERNAL torment does not allow that.
So ETERNAL torment is unloving.

We're not talking about "those He loves".
We're talking about those in ETERNAL TORMENT.

Nothing to do with love.
no your human understanding of Gods love and attributes are the problem as they all work together in harmony, not opposition. your view makes God mutable, changing. Mine does not.

How can God not act in Love ?

Its who God is so everything He does is loving,just, righteous, fair etc......
This is the problem that Bethel Church has, as pointed out by Mike Winger. Their Prime Hermeneutic is that any Verse which doesn't comport to Jesus' Teaching is false. It's an example of how a Lone, or Ruling Hermeneutic can wreck your Theology. A 'God is Love' Hermeneutic without a 'God is Truth, your Word is Truth' Hermeneutic is obviously a bad Hermeneutic...

no your human understanding of Gods love and attributes are the problem

Yes, I know.... You're always right, everyone who disagrees with you is always wrong.
Lose the attitude, okay?

as they all work together in harmony, not opposition. your view makes God mutable, changing. Mine does not.

My view makes them all work together in harmony.
If you don't see that, then you DON'T understand my view.

Back