Does Gods Meticulous Determination, Of All Things, Make God Evil?

zerinus

God allowed Satan to tempt them... Interesting... why Satan?... were the trees not enough choice?

I wonder how they would have done if God wouldn’t have “allowed” Satan to tempt them?
Two issues with that: (1) I was referring to mankind in general, not just to Adam. (2) If Adam and Eve had not been tempted by the devil, it is almost certain that they would not have eaten of the fruit, since God had already commanded them not to. They had no reason to disobey.

Sketo

Maybe so but you have agreed that he could have created him not that way.
Which means his creating was intentionally that way!
So do you have a point
Next God chose to place Adam in the Garden of Eden, and with the knowledge of how he intentionally created Adam, gave him options and consequences for those options!

Now you have “intentionally-created-that-way” Adam in the Garden with, God-intentionally-designed, options and consequences!

Then God intentionally made Eve from Adam’s rib!

So we have...
intentionally-created-that-way Adam, in Gods
intentionally-designed Garden, with
intentionally-designed options and consequences, then
intentionally-made-that-way Eve

Why allow Satan in the Garden, immutably, knowing the outcome of this decision???

Last edited:

zerinus

Do you think God was aware of what would happen when he allowed Satan to tempt Adam and Eve?
Yes, God is omniscient, and has foreknowledge of all future events, including the fall of Adam and Eve. But that does not mean that he had predestined and predetermined the choices and decisions that they would make.

Sketo

God made man a free moral agent, with the ability to make moral choices and decisions. He also gave them commandments and laws so they know what is the good and right thing to do, and what he expects from them. He also allowed Satan to tempt them so they have a choice to make between good and evil.
If Adam and Eve had not been tempted by the devil, it is almost certain that they would not have eaten of the fruit, since God had already commanded them not to.
Do you think God was aware of what would happen when he allowed Satan to tempt Adam and Eve?
Yes, God is omniscient, and has foreknowledge of all future events, including the fall of Adam and Eve.
then but, but
...But... that does not mean that he had predestined and predetermined the choices and decisions that they would make.

I rest my case!

zerinus

then but, but

I rest my case!
Scratching my head! I looked for a good emotion for scratching my head, and couldn't find one. Maybe someone should contact the manufacturer of the forum software and tell them to include a good emotion for scratching my head!

zerinus

Why allow Satan in the Garden, immutably, knowing the outcome of this decision???
Because the purpose of this present creation is to test mankind to see if they would be faithful and obedient to God and to his commandments or not:

John 5:

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

God entices them to do good, and Satan entices them to do evil. That enables them to have a choice, so they can decide for themselves which way they want to go, and ultimately be rewarded or punished accordingly. If the temptations of the devil didn't exist, that choice wouldn't exist either, and they could not exercise such choice. The good news is that the present condition will not last very long, and we will all soon enter into the next phase of our existence which will be permanent, and
“they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.” This present mortal condition is a test, a trial, to see who would choose good and who would choose evil, who would choose God and who would choose Satan, so they can receive their rewards accordingly.

Last edited:

zerinus

Scratching my head! I looked for a good emotion emoticon for scratching my head, and couldn't find one. Maybe someone should contact the manufacturer of the forum software and tell them to include a good emotion emoticon for scratching my head!
Meant to say “emoticon,” But too late to change it!

Sketo

Because the purpose of this present creation is to test mankind to see if they would be faithful and obedient to God and to his commandments or not

This does not answer why allow Satan into the Garden?

Was the “present creation” of the Garden not sufficient “
to test mankindwithout Satan?

The Garden, Adam, Eve, Tree of Life, Tree of the knowledge of good and evil, command, consequences... seams sufficient in-and-of-itself to “
test mankind to see if they would be faithful and obedient to God and to his commandments or not”... so why allow Satan?

If Adam and Eve had not been tempted by the devil, it is almost certain that they would not have eaten of the fruit, since God had already commanded them not to. They had no reason to disobey.

So... why allow Satan?

Do you think God was aware of what
would happen when he
allowed Satan to tempt Adam and Eve?

Yes, God is omniscient, and has foreknowledge of all future events, including the fall of Adam and Eve.

So... why allow Satan?

zerinus

This does not answer why allow Satan into the Garden?
It does.
Was the “present creation” of the Garden not sufficient “to test mankindwithout Satan?
No, an opposition was required, and that was provided by Satan.
The Garden, Adam, Eve, Tree of Life, Tree of the knowledge of good and evil, command, consequences... seams sufficient in-and-of-itself to “test mankind to see if they would be faithful and obedient to God and to his commandments or not”... so why allow Satan?
Wrong, see above.
So... why allow Satan?
Already answered.
Already answered.
So... why allow Satan?
Already answered.

Sketo

an opposition was required, and that was provided by Satan.
provided...... by Satan”???
He (God) also allowed Satan to tempt them so they have a choice to make between good and evil.
Was the “present creation” of the Garden not sufficient “to test mankindwithout Satan?
No, an opposition was required, and that was provided by...
Why was “opposition required”?

Who “required” it?

Seems rather “meticulous”... don’t ya think?

Last edited:

Sketo

So that man can be tested and tried to see he would choose good or evil, and be rewarded accordingly.
“to see” equates to lack of foreknowledge but you have already admitted...

... I rest my case!
Seems rather “meticulous”... don’t ya think?
No idea why you would think that.
No idea”???... Seriously... what do you think this whole conversation has been leading to???

zerinus

“to see” equates to lack of foreknowledge but you have already admitted...
Foreknowledge is not an issue here. You are looking at it through your tainted Calvinistic lenses. The Bible teaches that God will someday judge people according to their works (good or bad) and reward them accordingly. That is written all over the Bible. God doesn’t judge people according to his foreknowledge of how they will act, but according to the reality of how they have acted:

John 5:

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

It doesn‘t say that he will judge them according to his “foreknowledge,” but what they have actually done. And the temptations of the devil is required for them to be able to make that choice or decision. Job is a good example. God allowed Satan to tempt Job to prove his integrity and righteousness, and he passed the test. Did God know beforehand in his foreknowledge that Job would pass the test? Of course he did! But he still have to put him through the test. That applies to all of us, not just Job.

brightfame52

Foreknowledge is not an issue here. You are looking at it through your tainted Calvinistic lenses. The Bible teaches that God will someday judge people according to their works (good or bad) and reward them accordingly. That is written all over the Bible. God doesn’t judge people according to his foreknowledge of how they will act, but according to the reality of how they have acted:

John 5:

It doesn‘t say that he will judge them according to his “foreknowledge,” but what they have actually done. And the temptations of the devil is required for them to be able to make that choice or decision. Job is a good example. God allowed Satan to tempt Job to prove his integrity and righteousness, and he passed the test. Did God know beforehand in his foreknowledge that Job would pass the test? Of course he did! But he still have to put him through the test. That applies to all of us, not just Job.
So what is it to have done good?

zerinus

So what is it to have done good?
The answer is given in these verses:

Matthew 25:

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

These verses tell you what it means to “have done good”.