Does God's wrath have to be continuously appeased (propitiation)?

Catholics,
Does God's wrath have to be continuously appeased?
Does propitiation need to be continuously made?
Yes it does. The world continues to sin.
Heb 7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Heb 7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
True ^

1 Thessalonians 1:10
and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.

1 Thessalonians 5:9
For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 5:9
Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

Catholics,
Does God's wrath have to be continuously appeased?
Does propitiation need to be continuously made?
No. Jesus paid completely for our sins--past, present, and future--on the cross.

Hebrews 1:

"After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven."

HAD provided purification--past tense. It is a done deal. No need to be repeated.

No. Jesus paid completely for our sins--past, present, and future--on the cross.

Hebrews 1:

"After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven."

HAD provided purification--past tense. It is a done deal. No need to be repeated.
So God is ok with all the evil in the world because He already paid for it all?

Hebrews 1:

You are spot on. He was the spotless lamb, we are not. It His work that saved us.

Where in the world did you come up with THIS?? Your desperation is really showing!

Jesus died once, for all time, to pay completely for all our sins. Period. No repetition necessary.
That's where I got it. Everything has been paid for. Guess everyone goes to heaven!

I make up nothing. Protestantism makes up everything Protestant.
You follow a false institution. You seem to deliberately misrepresent what others post. The real presence is made up by your institution. So therefore RCs make up everything RC, is that how the discussion goes.

Last edited:
You follow a false institution. You deliberately misrepresent what others post. The real presence is made up by your institution. So therefore RCs make up everything RC, is that how the discussion goes.
All you said was false.

All you said was false.
Really according to you that means nothing to me. The real presence is made up by the RCC. No RC has proven it to be true for a start. Rcs constantly twist the posts of others, thus misrepresenting what they post, your post 10 is a clear example of that fact.

Really according to you that means nothing to me. The real presence is made up by the RCC. No RC has proven it to be true for a start. Rcs constantly twist the posts of others, thus misrepresenting what they post, your post 10 is a clear example of that fact.
I twisted nothing. I also do not say the terrible things that you do over and over, day after day, year after year about the Church. The Church is holy even though there are sinners in it. And, Yes, WE ARE ALL UPSET ABOUT THE CLERGY ABUSE OF MINORS, inside and outside the Church. But sin does not cancel the Church. We pray for the Church and we put faith in Jesus' promise that the gates of hell will not prevail against it. I suggest you do the same.

I twisted nothing. I also do not say the terrible things that you do over and over, day after day, year after year about the Church. The Church is holy even though there are sinners in it. And, Yes, WE ARE ALL UPSET ABOUT THE CLERGY ABUSE OF MINORS, inside and outside the Church. But sin does not cancel the Church. We pray for the Church and we put faith in Jesus' promise that the gates of hell will not prevail against it. I suggest you do the same.
I tell the truth if it is terrible that is not my fault that you find the truth terrible. That is the evidence that your institution is not what it claims to be. I have said whenever the RCs post the false claims of their institution then the evidence that it is not what it claims to be will be posted. If you guys don't want to see it, then don't post the false claims.

It is the very evidence that your churches claims are false, those claims are an insult to Jesus and the fact that you have to say it happens over there proves your claims false. Because if your institution was the real church, it would be different to over there. The Royal Commission showed your institution was not only worse than other religious institutions it was worse that secular institutions. This shows it is not a light to the world

Your institution has shown it has walked through the doors of hell and embarrassed the lifestyle.

You are making assumptions that I don't pray for others. That is false. But I pray for the children and for the adults whose faith has been damaged by their ex leaders. I pray for Jesus to heal the real victims. Those who committed the harm say they have read the word and they make out they follow Jesus, then they have deliberately chosen their path. If they continue to follow that path is up to them. Your institution deliberately ignores 1 Cor 5:11.

By the way it is not just the abuse of minors that is terrible about your institution its history is full of evil fruit. Just in recent times it is physical and sexual abuse of minors, the rape of nuns, the number of children born outside of wedlock whose fathers are your leaders.

"They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they confess not the Eucharist to be the flesh of our Saviour Jesus Christ, which suffered for our sins, and which the Father, of His goodness, raised up again. Those, therefore, who speak against this gift of God, incur death in the midst of their disputes. But it were better for them to treat it with respect, that they also might rise again. It is fitting, therefore, that you should keep aloof from such persons, and not to speak of them either in private or in public, but to give heed to the prophets, and above all, to the Gospel, in which the passion [of Christ] has been revealed to us, and the resurrection has been fully proved. But avoid all divisions, as the beginning of evils." St Ignatius of Antioch (110 AD)

St. Ignatius lived in apostolic times.

"It is also believed, and with great probability, that, with his friend Polycarp, he was among the auditors of the Apostle St. John. If we include St. Peter, Ignatius was the third Bishop of Antioch and the immediate successor of Evodius (Eusebius, Church History II.3.22). Theodoret ("Dial. Immutab.", I, iv, 33a, Paris, 1642) is the authority for the statement that St. Peter appointed Ignatius to the See of Antioch. St. John Chrysostom lays special emphasis on the honor conferred upon the martyr in receiving his episcopal consecration at the hands of the Apostles themselves ("Hom. in St. Ig.", IV. 587). Natalis Alexander quotes Theodoret to the same effect (III, xii, art. xvi, p. 53)." Catholic Encyclopedia

Back