Does man have a free will ?

I would say even Jesus didn't have Free Will; his Will was not Free from Righteousness...
A rather poor way to define free will

Did Jesus make a free will decision?

John 10:18 (KJV)
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

A rather poor way to define free will

Did Jesus make a free will decision?

John 10:18 (KJV)
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Looks like a perfection definition of free will to me. (y)

Looks like a perfection definition of free will to me. (y)
No since He is Impeccable Jesus had no more of a choice to sin than His Father has a choice to sin . The apple ? doesn’t fall far from the tree ?. Like Father, like Son. :)

No since He is Impeccable Jesus had no more of a choice to sin than His Father has a choice to sin . The apple ? doesn’t fall far from the tree ?. Like Father, like Son. :)

God is not bound to something beyond him, he possesses freedom. Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

My interest in free will as a topic, is related to our Salvation. That my free will 'Godward' is not free and required God's action--hence regeneration. Then my will 'Godward' became unfettered. I do not mean my choice of bbq sauce.
:)

You can't choose to be born again/regenerated to a new life.

But you can choose to die with Christ and trust God will raise you up to a new life.

No resurrection life with Christ without first dying with Christ.
I dealt with all of that in my posts on 'Salvation is Relocation'. Beginning here.

A man does not choose what he was born to choose any more than a fish is given the choice to swim. A babe does not choose to suckle at her mother's breast. A heterosexual man does not choose to marry a woman instead of a man. They are born that way. They have no choice in the matter. There is no power in choosing what you were created to choose. The power comes in choosing what you were not created to choose which is why Satanism is so popular.
Even if I was to agree with all this, that does not mean they lack the ability to choose simpliciter.

Free will is simple a having of the ability to choose not necessarily exercising any choice imaginable.

Even if I was to agree with all this, that does not mean they lack the ability to choose simpliciter.

Free will is simple a having of the ability to choose not necessarily exercising any choice imaginable.
No Calvinist would say you do not have the ability to choose. God can and does determine free will choices.

No Calvinist would say you do not have the ability to choose. God can and does determine free will choices.
Not so sure about that, atleast from the Calvinist who i have interacted with. Indeed, none would be so deterministic atleast when it comes to everyday living and say choosing what shirt you're going to wear today.

Not so sure about that, atleast from the Calvinist who i have interacted with. Indeed, none would be so deterministic atleast when it comes to everyday living and say choosing what shirt you're going to wear today.
Yes like did God determine I would sneeze 3 times instead of two. Or that I would just blink twice instead of once . It gets absurd to say the least

Since God has no free will neither does man ?

Did adam have a free will to choose to obey God or the devil ?

If not then man in no more than a robot with no choice, no will. God created adam as a robot with the sole purpose to sin.

And everything God created was good including making adam sin since he had no free will to do anything else right ?
As Spurgeon once said, "The will can no more have freedom than electricity can have ponderability.".

The will, in its very nature, is a slave; it is a slave to the nature of the person. The will merely seeks to carry out the person's strongest desire, at any given moment.

Fallen man, in Adam, is sinful, in every aspect (although not as sinful as it's possible to be); therefore, his desires are sinful; so, his will is a slave to sin. This is why we MUST be born again, in order to have desires, and, therefore, will, to repent and believe the gospel.

As Spurgeon once said, "The will can no more have freedom than electricity can have ponderability.".

The will, in its very nature, is a slave; it is a slave to the nature of the person. The will merely seeks to carry out the person's strongest desire, at any given moment.

Fallen man, in Adam, is sinful, in every aspect (although not as sinful as it's possible to be); therefore, his desires are sinful; so, his will is a slave to sin. This is why we MUST be born again, in order to have desires, and, therefore, will, to repent and believe the gospel.
I’m not taking about “ fallen Adam “

I’m talking about him pre fall

Back