Does Regeneration Precede... “Will Be Saved”?

TomFL

You gonna give a dead person something to eat? Lol
Newsflash they are not physically dead

You are abusing the metaphor

Where it just indicates separation from God not corpse like

John 3:36 —KJV
“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”

And The bible shows unbelievers do not have eternal life

So you are just unbiblical

brightfame52

“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”

They are spiritually dead.

TomFL

They are spiritually dead.
Looks like you just ignored this

but that is not much of a surprise

brightfame52

Looks like you just ignored this

but that is not much of a surprise
All men are born spiritually dead in sin

TomFL

All men are born spiritually dead in sin
Still not physically dead

brightfame52

Man is spiritually dead by nature!

TomFL

Man is spiritually dead by nature!
Still says nothing at all about Total inability

they are not physically dead

In any case

refutes your claim of saved unbelievers

brightfame52

Still says nothing at all about Total inability

they are not physically dead

In any case

refutes your claim of saved unbelievers
Man is totally disabled spiritually. He has no spiritual life so no spiritual ability.

TomFL

Man is totally disabled spiritually. He has no spiritual life so no spiritual ability.
Scripture shows he can respond to God

Deut. 30:11–19 —ESV
“¶ “For this commandment that I command you today is not too hard for you, neither is it far off.
It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will ascend to heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’
Neither is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’
But the word is very near you. It is in your mouth and in your heart, so that you can do it.
¶ “See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil.
If you obey the commandments of the LORD your God that I command you today, by loving the LORD your God, by walking in his ways, and by keeping his commandments and his statutes and his rules, then you shall live and multiply, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take possession of it.
But if your heart turns away, and you will not hear, but are drawn away to worship other gods and serve them,
I declare to you today, that you shall surely perish. You shall not live long in the land that you are going over the Jordan to enter and possess.
I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live,”

brightfame52

“¶ “For this commandment that I command you today is not too hard for you, neither is it far off.
It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will ascend to heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’
Neither is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’
But the word is very near you. It is in your mouth and in your heart, so that you can do it.
If you obey the commandments of the LORD your God that I command you today, by loving the LORD your God, by walking in his ways, and by keeping his commandments and his statutes and his rules, then you shall live and multiply, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take possession of it.
But if your heart turns away, and you will not hear, but are drawn away to worship other gods and serve them,
I declare to you today, that you shall surely perish. You shall not live long in the land that you are going over the Jordan to enter and possess.
I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live,”
No spiritual life no spiritual ability or activity. Just like no physical life no physical ability or activity. Simple common sense

TomFL

No spiritual life no spiritual ability or activity. Just like no physical life no physical ability or activity. Simple common sense
You ignored evidence once again

How is it your Calvinist theology forces you to ignore evidence on such a frequent basis

brightfame52

You ignored evidence once again

How is it your Calvinist theology forces you to ignore evidence on such a frequent basis
Lol, nothing to do with Salvation !

TomFL

Lol, nothing to do with Salvation !
Have to do with total inability

but why do you not think life is salvation

John 20:31 —KJV
“But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”

brightfame52

Have to do with total inability

but why do you not think life is salvation

“But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”
No it doesnt. Mans total inability is in spiritual things. Cant see spiritually, cant hear spiritually, cant come to Christ spiritually, cant please God spiritually, he is totally dead spiritually, like a person is dead physically in his casket, its just a different realm !

BTW Deut has nothing to do with spiritual things, it was a physical national covenent, and they could do that, they broke it God says Jer 31:32

not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

TomFL

No it doesnt. Mans total inability is in spiritual things. Cant see spiritually, cant hear spiritually, cant come to Christ spiritually, cant please God spiritually, he is totally dead spiritually, like a person is dead physically in his casket, its just a different realm !

BTW Deut has nothing to do with spiritual things, it was a physical national covenent, and they could do that, they broke it God says Jer 31:32

not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
What did you do with

BTW you don't think loving God is a spiritual matter ?

brightfame52

What did you do with

I believe them. Now the natural man, the unregenerate man cannot believe the Gospel, its hidden from him 2 Cor 4:3 ! The natural man is lost, spiritually dead !

TomFL

I believe them. Now the natural man, the unregenerate man cannot believe the Gospel, its hidden from him 2 Cor 4:3 ! The natural man is lost, spiritually dead !
If you believed you would have seen faith precedes life

and you did not answer this

brightfame52

If you believed you would have seen faith precedes life

and you did not answer this

I dont believe you . The scriptures and you are different. Man in a lost state, unregenerate, the gospel is hid from them. Only after one is saved by the renewing of the Spirit, can they believe and will believe the Gospel of their salvation !

TomFL

I dont believe you . The scriptures and you are different. Man in a lost state, unregenerate, the gospel is hid from them. Only after one is saved by the renewing of the Spirit, can they believe and will believe the Gospel of their salvation !
No its the scriptures you don't believe

faith and then life

Acts 11:18 —KJV
“When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.”

repentance then life