Does the Baptism of the Holy Spirit..save ?

None of you water baptism means salvation people can refute the fact that Cornelius and the Gentiles with him were saved before their water baptism.

None of you water baptism means salvation people can refute the fact that Cornelius and the Gentiles with him were saved before their water baptism.

Personal attack removed.

God was showing Peter that He was accepting Gentiles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luke wrote two whole chapters (Acts 10-11) to demonstrate to you how God showed Peter that the Gentiles/nations were now being accepted by God and how God demonstrated this to Peter.

Somehow you miss all that.

You dodged John 14:17 because it refutes your heresy.

Thanks for making that easy for me.

That's not the baptism of the Holy Spirit.....I suggest you study up on that subject a bit more.

You can start here....
The baptism of the Holy Spirit may be defined as that work whereby the Spirit of God places the believer into union with Christ and into union with other believers in the body of Christ at the moment of salvation.
That is not written anywhere in the scripture. The word baptism means to immerse...The spirit of God does not place any on anywhere. Can you show that happening in the scripture?
Acts 1:
4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
The baptism of the Holy Spirit was predicted by John the Baptist (Mark 1:8) and by Jesus before He ascended to heaven: “For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit” (Acts 1:5).
It does not say the Spirit of God places the believer into union with Christ and into union with other believers in the body of Christ at the moment of salvation.
Here is what it says...
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

there is no mention of the HS placing anyone anywhere ... baptism of the HS is the filling of the HS.

This promise was fulfilled on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2:1–4); for the first time, people were permanently indwelt by the Holy Spirit, and the church had begun.
But no placing of anyone anywhere by the HS...Someone made up that store and you bought it hook line and sinker.

Baptism of the HS is referring to the filling of the HS.

That is not written anywhere in the scripture. The word baptism means to immerse...The spirit of God does not place any on anywhere. Can you show that happening in the scripture?
Acts 1:
4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

It does not say the Spirit of God places the believer into union with Christ and into union with other believers in the body of Christ at the moment of salvation.
Here is what it says...
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

there is no mention of the HS placing anyone anywhere ... baptism of the HS is the filling of the HS.

But no placing of anyone anywhere by the HS...Someone made up that store and you bought it hook line and sinker.

Baptism of the HS is referring to the filling of the HS.
Luke 3;16 John answered them all, saying, “I baptize you with water, but he who is mightier than I is coming, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

So why did you ask the silly question?

I posted the passage sir...I didn't miss anything...You are the one who asked if that is what the bible says

That is dull, it is not only in tennis people serve.
The tennis joke shows how something can be taken out of context...

Back