Does the Baptism of the Holy Spirit..save ?

JonHawk

JonHawk said:
Peter solemnly testified and urged them, saying, “Be saved from this perverse generation!” 41 So then, those who had received the word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls. Acts 2

I already told you, they were all in one accord.

And the congregation of those who believed were of one heart and soul...[love the Lord with all your heart and soul Deut 6:5]
And with great power the apostles were giving testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and abundant grace was upon them all. Acts 4:32-33

I've posted it several times. And of course you are going to completely ignore that those who received the word were then baptized into Christ, heirs according to the promise. Gal 3:27-29
I must try to figure out what you believe.

Now, please cut and paste Acts 2:38 and tell me what you think it means in it's entirety....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Thanks.
I now realize that God does not show favoritism 35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. 36 You know the word God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all....

All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”
44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the word. Acts 10

So faith comes from hearing the word of God. Rom 10:17

Last edited:

Truther

I now realize that God does not show favoritism 35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. 36 You know the word God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all....

All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”
44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the word. Acts 10

That was a professional Acts 2:38 dodge.

JonHawk

JonHawk said:

That was a professional Acts 2:38 dodge.
Oh, it gets better, it's the way out of dodge.
Therefore if you have been raised with Christ [to a new life, sharing in His resurrection from the dead], seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Col 3:1

Now God speaks to us through His Son Jesus, whom He appointed heir and lawful owner of all things, through whom also He created the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance and only expression of the glory of [our awesome] God [reflecting God’s Shekinah glory, the Light-being, the brilliant light of the divine], and the exact representation of His [Father’s] nature, upholding all things by His powerful word, [fulfilling the predetermined goal]. When He [Himself and no other] had [by offering Himself on the cross as a sacrifice for sin] accomplished purification from sins and established our freedom, He sat down [revealing His completed work] at the right hand of the Majesty on high [revealing His Divine authority]; Heb 1

So that He would be the firstborn [praised and honored] among many believers.

What then shall we say to all these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against God’s elect (His chosen ones)? It is God who justifies us [declaring us faultless before His throne]. Rom 8

Last edited:

Truther

JonHawk said:

Therefore if you have been raised with Christ [to a new life, sharing in His resurrection from the dead], seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Col 3:1

Now God speaks to us through His Son Jesus, whom He appointed heir and lawful owner of all things, through whom also He created the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance and only expression of the glory of [our awesome] God [reflecting God’s Shekinah glory, the Light-being, the brilliant light of the divine], and the exact representation of His [Father’s] nature, upholding all things by His powerful word, [fulfilling the predetermined goal]. When He [Himself and no other] had [by offering Himself on the cross as a sacrifice for sin] accomplished purification from sins and established our freedom, He sat down [revealing His completed work] at the right hand of the Majesty on high [revealing His Divine authority]; Heb 1

What then shall we say to all these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against God’s elect (His chosen ones)? It is God who justifies us [declaring us faultless before His throne]. Rom 8
You skipped Acts 2:38 again.

JonHawk

JonHawk said:

You skipped Acts 2:38 again.
You're confused, I'm not the skipper, just enjoying the ride.
For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. Heb 2:10

And so we have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20 where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, Hebrews 6:19-20

Who became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him. Heb 5:9

Truther

JonHawk said:

For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. Heb 2:10

And so we have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20 where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, Hebrews 6:19-20

If you have not been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ like all of the Saints that came out of Pentecost, all of your sins still remain on you. You do realize that, correct?

JonHawk

JonHawk said:

If you have not been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ like all of the Saints that came out of Pentecost, all of your sins still remain on you. You do realize that, correct?
Nothing that comes out of your mouth is reliable.

They will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more. Heb 8

Truther

JonHawk said:

They will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more. Heb 8
Acts 2:38 is reliable. Do you need to obey Peter, not me.

BJ Bear

In truthers suspicious mind I denied Christ's atonement and in your incredulous mind I rejected the free gift of the Spirit.

Your baseless conjecturing is completely unfounded but make no mistake, we will all give an account to God.
See above for true baseless conjecture.
God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Acts 15
The Apostle Peter and the other early disciples of Christ in Acts 15 did not despise or deny Christ and baptism revealed in Acts 2 and elsewhere in Scripture by their words and actions in Acts 15. Citing Acts 15 as if it somehow modifies or negates Acts 2 is illogical and demonstrably false.

BJ Bear

They are masters at pitting verse AGAINST verse.

However, that is anti-harmonization and unscriptural.

Debunking Peter to pay John...LOL
Yes, it is their view of Scripture and method of interpretation that exacerbates the problem. Rather than regard the Holy Spirit as the best teacher and Scripture the right witness of God they mine Scripture for words to take out of context in whatever manner pleases them or their sect.

BJ Bear

JonHawk said:

If a person doesn't believe he is God or God's appointed editor of His word then why would he take Scripture out of context to make his own point rather than receive God's word according to the perfect immediate context in which it was given?

JonHawk

Truther said: blah blah blah you're still in your sins.​

If a person doesn't believe he is God or God's appointed editor of His word then why would he take Scripture out of context to make his own point rather than receive God's word according to the perfect immediate context in which it was given?
The irony is that you swear up and down that your water ritual typifies dying to the old nature and being born anew, yet you are completely ignorant of a new and living way.

Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, 21 and having a High Priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith; Heb 10

Last edited:

Truther

Yes, it is their view of Scripture and method of interpretation that exacerbates the problem. Rather than regard the Holy Spirit as the best teacher and Scripture the right witness of God they mine Scripture for words to take out of context in whatever manner pleases them or their sect.
The end result is that they do not, nor do their converts, have remission of their sins by purposely skipping Acts 2:38.

That is the deadliest verse to skip in the Bible.

JonHawk

The irony is that you swear up and down that your water ritual typifies dying to the old nature and being born anew, yet you are completely ignorant of a new and living way.

Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, 21 and having a High Priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith; Heb 10
The end result is that they do not, nor do their converts, have remission of their sins by purposely skipping Acts 2:38.

That is the deadliest verse to skip in the Bible.
Purposely neglecting the atonement of Christ would indeed leave you in the bondage of iniquity, dead in sins and transgressions, separated from the Spirit of the living God.

There you will remember your conduct and all the actions by which you have defiled yourselves, by your own endeavors; You will know that I am the Lord, when I deal with you for my name’s sake and not according to your evil ways and your corrupt practices, declares the Sovereign Lord.’” Ezek 20:39-44

How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!
For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant. Heb 9:14:15

Last edited:

Truther

Purposely neglecting the atonement of Christ would indeed leave you in the bondage of iniquity, dead in sins and transgressions, separated from the Spirit of the living God.

There you will remember your conduct and all the actions by which you have defiled yourselves, by your own endeavors; You will know that I am the Lord, when I deal with you for my name’s sake and not according to your evil ways and your corrupt practices, declares the Sovereign Lord.’” Ezek 20:39-44

How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!
For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant. Heb 9:14:15
The problem is, nobody qualifies for mediation unless they obey Acts 2:38.

JonHawk

Live peaceful lives in godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.
The problem is, nobody qualifies for mediation unless they obey Acts 2:38.
Now what are you babbling about Truther? For there is [only] one God, and [only] one Mediator between God and mankind, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom [a substitutionary sacrifice to atone] for all, the testimony [of the Spirit] given at the right time; 1 Tim 2:2-6

Truther

Live peaceful lives in godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

Now what are you babbling about Truther? For there is [only] one God, and [only] one Mediator between God and mankind, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom [a substitutionary sacrifice to atone] for all, the testimony [of the Spirit] given at the right time; 1 Tim 2:2-6
You skipped Acts 2:38 and started quoting the epistles again. You’re not qualified to quote the epistles. You must obey Acts 2:38 first. How is that hard to understand? You should’ve been born in the first century before the epistles were written and you would have obeyed Acts 2:38 easily. Modernism has ruined you into skipping Acts.

BJ Bear

The irony is you are still making stuff up, pure imagination, otherwise, point out where I wrote or implied that I, "swear up and down that your [my] water ritual typifies dying to the old nature and being born anew?" People who object to Christ and baptism should consider actually reading Acts 2 as if God had something to say to them.
Great passage that is in lock step with Acts 2. Read the whole chapter of Acts 2. Baptism into Christ is based on and does what Scripture says it does because of the shed blood and resurrection of Christ.

JonHawk

You skipped Acts 2:38 and started quoting the epistles again. You’re not qualified to quote the epistles. You must obey Acts 2:38 first. How is that hard to understand? You should’ve been born in the first century before the epistles were written and you would have obeyed Acts 2:38 easily. Modernism has ruined you into skipping Acts.
What exactly do you imagine that I neglected, turning to God, or believing in the Son, the one He sent?
But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, Rom 3
The irony is you are still making stuff up, pure imagination, otherwise, point out where I wrote or implied that I, "swear up and down that your [my] water ritual typifies dying to the old nature and being born anew?" People who object to Christ and baptism should consider actually reading Acts 2 as if God had something to say to them.
The irony is that you two geniuses have no clue whether I was submerged in a water ritual back in the day.
Whose denying Christ? You're just pulling things out of thin air.
Baptism into Christ is based on and does what Scripture says it does because of the shed blood and resurrection of Christ.
Now that this faith has come, ...
You are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Clearly it's based on faith, Having believed you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

JonHawk

What exactly do you imagine that I neglected, turning to God, or believing in the Son, the one He sent?
But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, Rom 3
The irony is you are still making stuff up, pure imagination, otherwise, point out where I wrote or implied that I, "swear up and down that your [my] water ritual typifies dying to the old nature and being born anew?"
The irony is that you two geniuses have no clue whether I was submerged in a water ritual back in the day.

So in your viewpoint the water ritual is not symbolic at all. Most would disagree with your opinion:

"Water Baptism — The baptisms John the Baptist did were symbolic of repentance from sin and a turning to God. That is, the repentant person turned from sin toward God. Biblical repentance is a turning away from sin to follow our holy God."
"Baptism has long been seen as a symbol of cleansing. Prior to the start of the church, the practice of baptism already existed in Jewish culture as an act of repentance and purification. John the Baptist baptized people as an act of repentance, preparing the Jewish people for the soon-coming Messiah" [purified by faith].
But He who is coming after me ....will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. Matt 3:11
People who object to Christ and baptism should consider actually reading Acts 2 as if God had something to say to them.
*Who is denying Christ? You're just pulling things out of thin air.
Baptism into Christ is based on and does what Scripture says it does because of the shed blood and resurrection of Christ.
Now that this faith has come, ...
You are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Clearly it's based on faith, Having believed you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.

Last edited: