Does the LDS church teach that men can evolve into a God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also know you didn't quote scripture. You don't believe biblical scripture so why bother, right?
Nope. you misunderstood. I was quoting you. Pay careful attention to your statement that I responded to and you will see where you said those words which I quoted. Not scripture, you.

So where are the apostles "in the church"? I know where they are and I know where the church is. It appears that you don't,
Your church is peopled with false apostles, teaching false doctrines that lead people away from the true Jesus Christ of the Bible and salvation to eternal life--so boasting about having such apostles is nothing to be proud of. It is shameful.

So, we have that. There is one king and His name is Jesus. We are his servants
That is not what sitting on his throne means. Rev 3:21 (ESV) "The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne."

How many servants in all of history do you know who share the throne with the king? Any? I believe your understanding of this passage is inaccurate. It is as kings, joint-kings. He explicitly states that those who he grants this to will sit WITH as HE sits with his Father on His throne. It doesn't get any more explicit than that and yet, you will still insist that it's not what is says.

Mormon critics: "we only believe scripture"
Also Mormon critics: "we don't beleive scripture that we disagree with."

See how that works?
Um, nope.

Christians believe ALL the Bible.
You just admitted that you don't believe Acts 5, because YOU claim "it doesn't make sense".

So it's not the same thing at all.

I'm still laughing.
YOU made those statements about Acts 5 and the Bible. Therefore, the burden of proof is on YOU to prove your assertions. I am sorry you think that is funny.

Your opinion is not proof. Mormons always demand to be shown proof of what we write about Mormon beliefs, Smith, and LDS history. So, Mormons are exempt from giving US proof of what you asserted about Acts 5--is that it?

YOU made those statements about Acts 5 and the Bible. Therefore, the burden of proof is on YOU to prove your assertions. I am sorry you think that is funny.

Your opinion is not proof. Mormons always demand to be shown proof of what we write about Mormon beliefs, Smith, and LDS history. So, Mormons are exempt from giving US proof of what you asserted about Acts 5--is that it?
I'm sorry you don't seem to understand my statement. It has nothing to do with Acts 5. As for proving that the Holy Ghost killed someone, you'd have to prove he did and the argument would be over. I can't prove he didn't kill someone (I'm using the term "he" loosely here).

So where are the apostles "in the church"? I know where they are and I know where the church is. It appears that you don't,

2 Corinthians 11:12-15 New American Standard Bible (NASB)​

12 But what I am doing I will also continue to do, so that I may eliminate the opportunity from those who want an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the matter about which they are boasting. 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

THESE are the kind of "apostles" your church has...deceitful workers, who spread lies and false doctrines, leading its membership away into eternal spiritual darkness, away from the true Gospel and true Jesus Christ of the Bible. Shameful. Nothing to boast about.

Last edited:
I'm sorry you don't seem to understand my statement. It has nothing to do with Acts 5. As for proving that the Holy Ghost killed someone, you'd have to prove he did and the argument would be over. I can't prove he didn't kill someone (I'm using the term "he" loosely here).
Yes, I do understand your statement. Both about knowing what the original autographs said and about Acts 5. YOU are the one who made statements about there being intentional errors in the manuscript copies and that Acts 5 never happened. YOU made those statements and therefore, it is up to YOU to provide proof. The burden of proof is ALWAYS on the person who makes a declarative statement about something.

So, where is your proof?

There's no proof that they did happen. It is common sense that they didn't and the story we got in the Bible is an embellishment of actual events.
PROVE it. YOU made the statement so it is up to YOU to provide evidence. OR is it only us Christians who must provide evidence for statements we make on here--like your church believing that HM and HF have spirit children in heaven, for which I provided evidence from your church's own official website?

That's still not what it say in Revelations.
It is Revelation, not Revelations. And it still says we are PRIESTS to God the Father. And Jesus Christ is our great High Priest after the order of Melchizedek (as Hebrews says). And Jesus is the ONLY priest in the order of Melchizedek.

The Aaronic and Melchizedek priesthoods in the LDS Church are completely phony. The Aaronic priesthood has been null and void since Jesus rose from the dead, ending the need forever for animal sacrifices. And ONLY Jesus Christ has the Melchizedek priesthood.

So, no, no priesthood disappeared from the earth after the first century, since ALL true believers in the true Jesus Christ of the Bible are a "royal priesthood" to God. So, no one needs the phony priesthoods of Mormonism. They have zero authority, since they teach a different God, a different Savior, and a very different Gospel--which is NO Gospel at all--than what the Bible teaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back