Does the Pope have earthly authority to order death for anyone breaking church law ???

AV Hb 10:29-30 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

Does the Pope have earthly authority to order death for anyone breaking church law ???

For those that may not trip on a future detail in prophecy:

Does the Pope have earthly authority to order death for a broken Sunday Law, when it happens ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

DeSanto

AV Hb 10:29-30 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

Does the Pope have earthly authority to order death for a broken Sunday Law, when it happens ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
Smh

Giordano Bruno?
Thank you for the literal name. I am still working on the spiritual approach. From my question, it's about the responsibilities of using authority.

I was still researching a compound answer, literal and spiritual one to fulfill the request.

Yours in Christ, Michael

I realize some things are obvious from viewing Papal See from the outside.

AV Ro 1:14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.

I am with Paul on this one. We who know, are in debt to those who may not realize the true nature of their situation, of where the are heading.

AV Re 18:3-5 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

I understand this as the latter rain of the Holy Spirit. Just like Saul, being spiritually repurposed as Paul, the remnant church needs to be ready to receive these souls as converts.

OT warning:
AV Ezk 33:7-9 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me. 8 When I say unto the wicked, O wicked [man], thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked [man] shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. 9 Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

I consider membership of RCC, as part of GOD's flock, not the leadership, because they know what they are doing without sharing with the membership what they are REALLY doing. A short study of the reasons of Jesuit's purpose, should be enough to identify their truest spiritual mission, purpose and nature.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Giordano Bruno?
Giordano Bruno was a Dominican priest who became a heretic. In 1576, formal accusation of heresy was brought against him. After many years and many attempts to reconcile him with the Catholic Church, he was put on trial by Roman Inquisition where he again had been granted several terms of respite in which to retract his errors. He was finally condemned and handed over to the secular authorities where he was burned at the stake.

Giordano Bruno was a Dominican priest who became a heretic. In 1576, formal accusation of heresy was brought against him. After many years and many attempts to reconcile him with the Catholic Church, he was put on trial by Roman Inquisition where he again had been granted several terms of respite in which to retract his errors. He was finally condemned and handed over to the secular authorities where he was burned at the stake.
AV Re 17:3-6 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5 And upon her forehead [was] a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

That is why the RC Church leadership rides a "beast"(government/"the secular authorities") to execute their desires with flesh and blood.

That is why the "Foxe's Book of Martyrs" is a historical reference of "the blood of the martyrs of Jesus". Highlighting the conflict between Protestants and Catholic Leadership.

Yours in Christ, Michael

mica

Who condemned him to death?

Wikipedia about Giordano Bruno said:
Starting in 1593, Bruno was tried for heresy by the Roman Inquisition on charges of denial of several core Catholic doctrines, including eternal damnation, the Trinity, the divinity of Christ, the virginity of Mary, and transubstantiation. Bruno's pantheism was not taken lightly by the church,[5] nor was his teaching of the transmigration of the soul and reincarnation. The Inquisition found him guilty, and he was burned at the stake in Rome's Campo de' Fiori in 1600. After his death, he gained considerable fame, being particularly celebrated by 19th- and early 20th-century commentators who regarded him as a martyr for science, although historians agree that his heresy trial was not a response to his astronomical views but rather a response to his philosophical and religious views. Bruno's case is still considered a landmark in the history of free thought and the emerging sciences. {Additional Emphasis by SDAchristian}
Is the new question is, Who gave them that authority ???
Wikipedia about Campo de' Fiori said:
Executions used to be held publicly in Campo de' Fiori. Here, on 17 February 1600, the philosopher Giordano Bruno was burnt alive for heresy, and all of his works were placed on the Index of Forbidden Books by the Holy Office. {Additional Emphasis by SDAchristian}
Who holds the supreme title of "corrector of heretics" ???
George Santayana said:
Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.
Time will tell the modern sequel ...

Who declared GOD's Sabbath as a judaizing heresy as an infallible doctrine ???

AV Mt 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven.

Check Question: Is Jesus an heretic then by infallible definition, by ex post facto law ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

The Inquisition found him guilty after many attempts to reconcile him with the Church over a period of many years. At that point he was handed over to the civil authorities. The civil authorities pronounced the death sentence on him and carried out the execution.

The idea of a secular state, indifferent to religion, is new to history. The United States is probably the first state set up as a secular society, indifferent to religion.

mica

The Inquisition found him guilty after many attempts to reconcile him with the Church over a period of many years. At that point he was handed over to the civil authorities. The civil authorities pronounced the death sentence on him and carried out the execution.
and what / who was the Inquisition ?

The idea of a secular state, indifferent to religion, is new to history. The United States is probably the first state set up as a secular society, indifferent to religion.
religion? possibly so in the minds of many.

you don't seem to know much about the US and how it was set up / formed and its founding fathers.

Johan

Did the Catholic "church" condone or repudiate the death sentence pronounced by the civil authorities? Sounds to me like letting the authorities doing the dirty work, just like the Jews demanded the Roman authorities to put Jesus to death.

RayneBeau

Yours in Christ, Michael
No, Jesus authorized His disciples to preach repentance for the remission of sins in His name to all the nations. The Roman Catholic pope votes for his own authority in any given area, but it is not of God, or ever commissioned by Jesus.

geosync

Yours in Christ, Michael
No more than Luther, Calvin, or any other church leader did. The more I study, the more I'm appalled by the atrocities committed by the various denominations/sects/etc throughout history

and what / who was the Inquisition ?

religion? possibly so in the minds of many.

you don't seem to know much about the US and how it was set up / formed and its founding fathers.
The United States is not now, nor has it ever been, a Christian nation. It is a secular nation by its Constitution. It HAD a Christian culture because most of its citizens professed Christianity.

mica

The United States is not now, nor has it ever been, a Christian nation. It is a secular nation by its Constitution. It HAD a Christian culture because most of its citizens professed Christianity.
as I previously said, you don't seem to know much about the US and how it was set up / formed and its founding fathers. now I'll add little knowledge of scripture to it. Catholics don't know what Christianity is.

as I previously said, you don't seem to know much about the US and how it was set up / formed and its founding fathers. now I'll add little knowledge of scripture to it. Catholics don't know what Christianity is.
Since you know so much, why don't you explain it to me. Show me in the Constitution that the United States was set up as a Christian nation. Where is it in law? I don't want to read letters written by the Founders, or other irrelevancies, I want you to show me where the United States was established, by law, as a Christian nation.

mica

then you might want to go out and correct wiki on that...

His trial was overseen by the Inquisitor Cardinal Bellarmine, who demanded a full recantation, which Bruno eventually refused. On 20 January 1600, Pope Clement VIII declared Bruno a heretic, and the Inquisition issued a sentence of death. According to the correspondence of Gaspar Schopp of Breslau, he is said to have made a threatening gesture towards his judges and to have replied: Maiori forsan cum timore sententiam in me fertis quam ego accipiam ("Perhaps you pronounce this sentence against me with greater fear than I receive it").[33]

He was turned over to the secular authorities. wiki