Does water boil at a consistent temp?

J regia

When you actually express the theory correctly.....you can ask questions.
None of that silly obfuscation changes the fact that you are claiming that there are 9.26 galaxies within one light year from Earth if you are claiming that the Universe is only 6000 years old, given there are ~two trillion visible galaxies and the speed of light is ~300,000 km/sec.

Woody50

EDITED apology below No points
Forgive me, Kiwi. I called you a dufus, and that was not okay. I should not have called you a name, as it is irrational and stupid of me.

I was out of line big time. Please forgive me.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Pixie

So, according to you, science and religion are on equal footing when it comes to certainty. To you, they both have the illusion of absolute certainty.
That is exactly the opposite of what I said. But hey, why let reality intrude on your fantasy.

CrowCross

None of that silly obfuscation changes the fact that you are claiming that there are 9.26 galaxies within one light year from Earth if you are claiming that the Universe is only 6000 years old, given there are ~two trillion visible galaxies and the speed of light is ~300,000 km/sec.
You're claiming the stuff of the 9.26 galaxies...along with all of the others galaxies in the universe at one time were contained in a microscopic singularity.

But, concerning the light....perhaps the light was created in transit. Perhaps the speed of light changed. Perhaps the gravity on earth was different than the gravity way out in space and time moved slower on earth relative to deep space. But lets not forget...you're claiming the stuff of the 9.26 galaxies...along with all of the others galaxies in the universe at one time were contained in a microscopic singularity. Care to explain that? Then answer where the stuff came from.

J regia

You're claiming the stuff of the 9.26 galaxies...along with all of the others galaxies in the universe at one time were contained in a microscopic singularity.

But, concerning the light....perhaps the light was created in transit. Perhaps the speed of light changed. Perhaps the gravity on earth was different than the gravity way out in space and time moved slower on earth relative to deep space. But lets not forget...you're claiming the stuff of the 9.26 galaxies...along with all of the others galaxies in the universe at one time were contained in a microscopic singularity. Care to explain that? Then answer where the stuff came from.
Wrong. I haven't referred to "a microscopic singularity" and an expanding universe at all, and I'm only interested in your hypothesis that the universe is less than 6000 years old and presumably has not changed in 6000 years.

Do you have any evidence to support your hypothesis that "perhaps light was created in transit" in the last 6000 years, whatever that means?
And do you have any evidence to support your hypothesis that "perhaps the speed of light changed" in the last 6000 years from infinity to ~300,000 km/sec? And if so, do you have any evidence that the speed of light is still changing?
Or are they just silly obfuscations.

If the speed of light is constant, however, and you claim that the universe is only 6000 years old and unchanged, then all the visible galaxies must be within 6000 light-years from Earth, and that the visible universe therefore has a volume of ~905 billion cubic light-years.
And since there are ~two trillion visible galaxies, then you claim there are ~2.21 galaxies per cubic light-year and therefore ~9.26 galaxies within one light-year from Earth, and that the average spacing between stars is therefore less than four billion kilometres, given that Neptune is ~4.5 billion kilometres from Earth.

Or are the biblical creation stories just imaginative fantasies?

Last edited:

CrowCross

Wrong. I haven't referred to "a microscopic singularity" and an expanding universe at all, and I'm only interested in your hypothesis that the universe is less than 6000 years old and presumably has not changed in 6000 years.

Do you have any evidence to support your hypothesis that "perhaps light was created in transit" in the last 6000 years, whatever that means?
And do you have any evidence to support your hypothesis that "perhaps the speed of light changed" in the last 6000 years from infinity to ~300,000 km/sec? And if so, do you have any evidence that the speed of light is still changing?
Or are they just silly obfuscations.

If the speed of light is constant, however, and you claim that the universe is only 6000 years old and unchanged, then all the visible galaxies must be within 6000 light-years from Earth, and that the visible universe therefore has a volume of ~905 billion cubic light-years.
And since there are ~two trillion visible galaxies, then you claim there are ~2.21 galaxies per cubic light-year and therefore ~9.26 galaxies within one light-year from Earth, and that the average spacing between stars is therefore less than four billion kilometres, given that Neptune is ~4.5 billion kilometres from Earth.

Or are the biblical creation stories just imaginative fantasies?
No, you still have the concept incorrect....you've been asking strawman style questions.....presenting what you think I believe as what I believe then asking me to defend it...that's not how it works bud.

J regia

No, you still have the concept incorrect....you've been asking strawman style questions.....presenting what you think I believe as what I believe then asking me to defend it...that's not how it works bud.
Do you believe that the universe is about 6000 years old?

Or do you believe that it is billions of years old?

CrowCross

Do you believe that the universe is about 6000 years old?

Or do you believe that it is billions of years old?

I understand the theory says the earth is 6,000 years old as measured by earth clock.
The theory also says when earth was in a gravitational well time as seen from the galaxy on earth was for the most part stopped...as time continued to move out in the galaxy where it wasn't in the gravity well.

It's a pretty simple concept....did you know a clock on earth at sea level runs slower than a clock on the space station? So, please educate yourself prior to asking your questions again.

J regia

I understand the theory says the earth is 6,000 years old as measured by earth clock.
IOW the bible says that the Universe is less than 6000 years old since it was created after Earth was created (Gen 1:1-8), and why you claim that there are ~nine galaxies within one light-year from Earth, given there are ~two trillion visible galaxies and the speed of light is ~300,000 km/sec.

CrowCross

IOW the bible says that the Universe is less than 6000 years old since it was created after Earth was created (Gen 1:1-8), and why you claim that there are ~nine galaxies within one light-year from Earth, given there are ~two trillion visible galaxies and the speed of light is ~300,000 km/sec.
I'm failing to see the problem.

The Pixie

Translation: Nuh UH!

That's you're "scientific" response?
I said science and religion are very different. You pretended I said they are the same.

If someone feels the need to lie about what his opponent has said, he has lost the argument.

CrowCross

Cool
So what evidence do you have to support your claim that there are ~nine galaxies within one light-year from Earth, given that Proxima Centauri is about 4.24 light years from earth?
Can you show me where I made that claim?

Cisco Qid

Anyone who is familiar with science, however, knows that the boiling point of water on Earth can be accurately calculated for a particular pressure.

And it's your choice if you want to believe that the universe is less than 6000 years old and that the average spacing between stars in the visible universe is therefore less than four billion kilometres.

Last edited:

Cisco Qid

What does the age of the universe have to do with the BPOW and you never see it measured at more than 2 decimals even the mass of an electron is more accurate than that. The universe is over 13 billions yo from our reference. But from the perspective of a primordial black hole where time has stood still from the big bang, the universe is less than a second old.

CrowCross

Because you claim that the universe is less than 6000 years old, and because there are ~two trillion visible galaxies and the speed of light is ~300,000 km/sec.
Where have I ever made that claim? You seemed to have made the claim for me. Which by the way...is dishonest.