Don't Ya' Just LOVE It !!!!

RayneBeau

Jesus Christ trumps the Roman Catholic Church and all it's man-made lies right along with all the other cultish religions. He trumps everyone of them every single day, every hour, every minute, every second, every week, every month, every year, every decade, every century every millennium, in every way and in every place, in outer space and to the deepest depth of every ocean! Jesus Christ rules it and all mankind. And in His timing, He crushes those who have no saving faith in Him, ignore Him and/or twist His Holy Word. Praise God!

Jesus Christ trumps the Roman Catholic Church and all it's man-made lies right along with all the other cultish religions. He trumps everyone of them every single day, every hour, every minute, every second, every week, every month, every year, every decade, every century every millennium, in every way and in every place, in outer space and to the deepest depth of every ocean! Jesus Christ rules it and all mankind. And in His timing, He crushes those who have no saving faith in Him, ignore Him and/or twist His Holy Word. Praise God!
Twist his Holy Word? We mean like:

- a person is justified by works and not by faith alone being twisted to - a person is justified by faith alone and not by works.

or

- this is my body....this is my blood of the covenant being twisted to - it is not his body...it is not his blood of the covenant.

- a person is justified by works and not by faith alone being twisted to - a person is justified by faith alone and not by works.

or

- this is my body....this is my blood of the covenant being twisted to - it is not his body...it is not his blood of the covenant.
Oh, but don't you understand anything you silly Catholic! Don't listen to no evil pope. You don't need some old guy in Rome to teach you! (Says the Protestant in an ironic twist as the Protestant then expects us to listen to them teach us what the Scriptures really mean...Indeed, if we don't need no pope to explain the Scriptures, we don't need no Protestant to explain them either. This never seems to occur to the Protestant.)

Pastor Bob says that a "sound" and "proper" exegesis of the passage says that, a person is not justified by Faith alone means a person is justified by Faith alone! You see--James is contrasting a "living Faith" with a "dead Faith" and saying that a "living Faith, a saving Faith produces works while a dead Faith does not."

Which in my mind has always been a ridiculous exegesis--because---isn't a dead Faith an oxymoron? What exactly is a "dead Faith?" How does one have a "dead Faith" as opposed to a "living Faith" especially--if you believe OSAS?

In any case, what this shows is that Protestants always have a way to make the Scriptures say what they want them to say. That is my point. There is no Scripture that we can give them--that they can't find a way to make it say what they want it to say.

Last edited:
Oh, but don't you understand anything you silly Catholic! Don't listen to no evil pope. You don't need some old guy in Rome to teach you! (Says the Protestant in an ironic twist as the Protestant then expects us to listen to them teach us what the Scriptures really mean...Indeed, if we don't need no pope to explain the Scriptures, we don't need no Protestant to explain them either. This never seems to occur to the Protestant.)

Pastor Bob says that a "sound" and "proper" exegesis of the passage says that, a person is not justified by Faith alone means a person is justified by Faith alone! You see--James is contrasting a "living Faith" with a "dead Faith" and saying that a "living Faith, a saving Faith produces works while a dead Faith does not."

Which in my mind has always been a ridiculous exegesis--because---isn't a dead Faith an oxymoron? What exactly is a "dead Faith?" How does one have a "dead Faith" as opposed to a "living Faith" especially--if you believe OSAS?

In any case, what this shows is that Protestants always have a way to make the Scriptures say what they want them to say. That is my point. There is no Scripture that we can give them--that they can't find a way to make it say what they want it to say.
Yes that would be my point too. Scripture alone doesn't make historically at all. It doesn't make sense scripturally, it doesn't make sense historically and it doesn't make sense practically. Without someone with the authority to settle issues concerning the Christian faith then they will never be settled. Scripture alone doesn't work because, like you said, one can make scripture say whatever they want it to say.

I find it more a cause of sorrowing that these people harden their hearts daily.

--Rich
We definitely have different interpretations of what hardened hearts are. I prefer the clear Scripture meaning of charity especially 1 Corinthians 13.

or

Both quotes are examples of RCs not reading the whole of scripture and therefore misunderstanding the context and meaning of those verses. But no surprise at all.

We definitely have different interpretations of what hardened hearts are. I prefer the clear Scripture meaning of charity especially 1 Corinthians 13.

Yes well that means nothing coming from you, you claim not to judge but always judge non RCs. You claim to love others, yes we have seen how you don't know what God's love is by the way you insult others and bear false witness. So why would anyone believe what you claim you believe about hardened hearts.

Yes that would be my point too. Scripture alone doesn't make historically at all. It doesn't make sense scripturally, it doesn't make sense historically and it doesn't make sense practically. Without someone with the authority to settle issues concerning the Christian faith then they will never be settled. Scripture alone doesn't work because, like you said, one can make scripture say whatever they want it to say.
Scripture alone is ultimately incoherent and self-refuting.

Why Protestants do not make the connection between the hundreds of different sects and Scripture alone---is anyone's guess.

Why Protestants do not make the connection between the hundreds of different sects and Scripture alone---is anyone's guess.
I sure hope that anyone that you care about is not within range of a lightning strike or plans to get in a car to go somewhere with you today.

Yes, and they want us to leave the Catholic church for the true Christian church......whatever that means.

Yes, and they want us to leave the Catholic church for the true Christian church......whatever that means.
Well, no, we don't want you to "leave the Catholic church for the true Christian church"! You'd be very uncomfortable there. What we do hope and pray for is that the Holy Spirit opens your eyes to His truth, that He softens your hearts to the Good News of Christ. Without that change, any ol' place will do.

--Rich

I sure hope that anyone that you care about is not within range of a lightning strike or plans to get in a car to go somewhere with you today.
I am quite confident we will be safe. But thanks for your concern!

Even IF something like that happened---I would not say "Oh, gee! God is angry with me for not believing Sola Scriptura."

Catholics continually show that they don't know what His church is.
Well how are we supposed to know where and what His Church is when no one on these boards will tell us?

You all seem to know one thing: wherever the Church is and whatever it is, it isn't the RCC. Beyond that, you can't tell us anything.

Maybe all those hundreds of sects aren't all 'scripture alone' people? And its never the fault of scripture if someone deviates from it. It can always be boiled down to the person or in some cases the entire sect, like catholicism where you are told what to believe regardless of how unbiblical it is.

Well how are we supposed to know where and what His Church is when no one on these boards will tell us?

You all seem to know one thing: wherever the Church is and whatever it is, it isn't the RCC. Beyond that, you can't tell us anything.
You've all been told repeatedly what the church is. But like little Nicodemus' God says one thing and you think another. Jesus tells us exactly what the church is. Catholics need to put their thinking caps on and remember what we've told them the church is. You don't agree, but you can't say you've never been told.

I just did a quick search for a certain word and i got tons of returns. One return on the very first page has YOU engaging in a discussion about this very thing. So the 'we won't tell you what the church is' is pure bunk on your part.

Back