Douay-Rheims Onlyism!

Septextura

Ha! I love it. I wish I knew this was a thing earlier. The sedevacantist influencers I follow on social media strongly prefer the DR over any modern Critical Text, rejecting the corrupt Alexandrian for the Byzantine Ecclesiastical texts.

Is this a protestant/reformation influence in trad caths or authentic indigenous movement?

Nondenom40

Ha! I love it. I wish I knew this was a thing earlier. The sedevacantist influencers I follow on social media strongly prefer the DR over any modern Critical Text, rejecting the corrupt Alexandrian for the Byzantine Ecclesiastical texts.

Is this a protestant/reformation influence in trad caths or authentic indigenous movement?
I didn't read the links. However my version of the d/r replaced repent with penance 50 times. If they rail against Luther for adding 'alone' to romans 3:28 and that, according to them is inserting Sola fide, what is adding penance 50 times to the text supposed to say? And luther at least wrote An Open Letter on Translating where he details why he did it. Where's the rc explanation for their insertion?

balshan

I didn't read the links. However my version of the d/r replaced repent with penance 50 times. If they rail against Luther for adding 'alone' to romans 3:28 and that, according to them is inserting Sola fide, what is adding penance 50 times to the text supposed to say? And luther at least wrote An Open Letter on Translating where he details why he did it. Where's the rc explanation for their insertion?
I find that interesting. I mean talk about changing the whole meaning of the text to suit your false teachings.